IMG_3993 (resized).JPG
IMG_3992 (resized).JPG
IMG_3990 (resized).JPG
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
blownfuse and dog (resized).jpg
IMG_0561 (resized).JPG
DSCN1097 (resized).jpg
DSCN1086 (resized).jpg
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Steve's wife Cathy asked that I share with the pinball community.

It's with profound sadness that I write of Steve's passing. He appreciated the love and support he received from this community, fought a great battle, but unfortunately left us earlier this morning.

Please keep Steve and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

The world is a bit dimmer today...

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#2 7 years ago

Very sad news, his family will be in my thoughts.

#3 7 years ago

Well shit. Had the chance to hang out with him a few times between PAGG and various BBQ's. What an amazingly nice dude and great asset to the community. Rest in peace buddy.

CharlandSpirit (resized).jpgCharlandSpirit (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

RIP Blownfuse

That sucks. =(

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for taking the lead on this sad post Steve- I miss my brother already and will have many stories to share at his memorial.
Rest in peaceful slumber, Blownfuse, CARGPB#1, System 80 Guru, Steve Charland. God be with Cathy, Amber, Aubrey and the entire family. My guts are in a knot, so much love for Steve-

#6 7 years ago

Oh no

Sad news indeed--it's quite a blow for the community. He will be greatly missed.

My condolences and sympathy to his family.

#7 7 years ago

So sorry to hear we lost another amazing pinball guy. Peace and Godspeed.

#8 7 years ago

Huge loss.
Thoughts and prayers for his family.

#9 7 years ago

Rest in peace

#10 7 years ago

Very sorry to hear of this sad news.
Prayers.

#12 7 years ago

I learned what selfless generosity looks like from knowing this great man.
Love you and miss you Steve,
-mof

#13 7 years ago

Man that sucks. When I was still pretty green years ago Steve talked with me on the phone helping me work through a problem on an old EM. He didn't even know me at the time. He instantly struck me as a warm and thoughtful guy. People like him make the hobby great.

#14 7 years ago

Steve you were one of the good guys in pinball! We are better for having known you and poorer for your loss.

#15 7 years ago

I am have no words, this just hurts. He was a big part of pinball community and my pinball journey.

#16 7 years ago

My condolences and prayers to Steves family.

Be at peace good friend.

And thank you for all the great stories and memories.

#17 7 years ago

So sad to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight Steve.

#18 7 years ago

Sorry to hear of Steve's passing. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

#19 7 years ago

Just crushed. I cant believe this. I just talked to him and he was so excited about moving to Idaho and starting the next chapter of his life. I hope there is fishing, Pins, and your shelby Cobra to finish wherever you are now buddy.

27194408155_58e391ce78_k (resized).jpg27194408155_58e391ce78_k (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

RIP Steve, our last few conversations were memorable. And while I am sorry we never had a chance to meet, I am so glad we had a chance to 'humanize' our long-standing relationship with calls over this past year. My thoughts and prayers are now with your family.

Brad

#21 7 years ago

My thoughts are with Steve's relatives and close friends. Pinside has lost a colorful member.

Rest in peace, Steve.

#22 7 years ago

Very sad news. I knew of Steve from the RGP days. We later met a few times and I always enjoyed talking to him and sharing his genuine excitement about pinball.

He was a big supporter of the AFM ColorDMD when it was first unveiled at PPE and I spent most of the weekend hanging out with him.

I'm glad I had a chance to catch up with him last year at PAGG and talk about his latest projects. Steve was a pioneer, incorporating LEDs in games in unique and interesting ways. To my knowledge, he was the first to develop and exhibit light up posts, flippers, and leg bolts.

Rest in peace Steve. You will be missed.

#23 7 years ago

The sparky's BBQ pic from last year's pin a go go.

Remember the good times.

IMG_1369 (resized).JPGIMG_1369 (resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

Man, terrible to hear. Anybody who owned a sys80 during RGP's heyday definitely had contact with Steve at some point. He was one of the most helpful people we've ever had in this hobby. A true pillar in the community.

#26 7 years ago

So sad to hear this. RIP Steve. It was a pleasure calling you my friend!

#27 7 years ago

Rest in peace Steve, you will be missed.

#28 7 years ago

Extremely sad news, sorry to hear of his passing. He was a great resource to us all and a terrific bloke. RIP

#29 7 years ago

He came over and helped me out with my Surf champ. told me he could fix it in five minutes but it was going to take ten because he was going to teach me. Two clips with a wire and a schematic was all he needed. The man was an inspiration and a dear friend.

#30 7 years ago

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends

#31 7 years ago

Sad news. Steve helped me alot years ago with my system80s. What an incredible resource and guy. He phoned me several times across country to continue debugging. I never met him in person but spoke with him on the phone and emails. How many people would go out of their way to help a stranger? Yep, that was Steve. Rest in peace, friend. You've touched many lives.

#32 7 years ago

This is terrible, what a huge loss. Steve was the best.

#33 7 years ago

Very sad news. Rest in Peace, Steve.

#34 7 years ago

so sorry for everyones loss. I did not know him myself but obvious he was a great dude and a huge part of pinball for years.

#35 7 years ago

I am so glad we had the opportunity to express our feelings for him before this tragic event. I am numbed.

Thanks for helping us relay the message, Cliffy. Hang in there.

#36 7 years ago

Very sad indeed. Steve helped me out over the phone and emails several times when I was still green in the hobby. Super nice guy. He will be greatly missed.

#37 7 years ago

Rest In Peace Steve. Wish I had the chance to meet you!

#38 7 years ago

Damn Steve, only recently got to actually talk to you at PAGG. You had some great stories and knew a lot... i'll miss you man...

#39 7 years ago

Rest in Peace Steve....a fine man.

#40 7 years ago

RIP Steve

#41 7 years ago

Some of my pinball family back in 2015. We will all miss you Steve...

Friends (resized).jpgFriends (resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago

i unfortunally never had the opportunity to meet the man himself..
yet it hurts me to know that a member of the pinball family has passed away.
it sickens me to read in the recovery thread that he was just declared cancer free a month ago which was very hopefull
then he unfortunally had a stroke, followed up by heavy surgery,and they determined possible brain cancer.. omg
and then a month later (today) the curtain came down for this man.. what a blow to the face.. im shocked!

my deepest condolences to the Charland Family.

may the man rest in peace

DutchTommy

#43 7 years ago

Condolences to the family and close friends.

#44 7 years ago

Sad news Someone's gone I had great respect for. My condolences to family and friends. Join your Spirits over there Steve! Rest in peace.

#45 7 years ago

Such a well respected talent and asset to the pinball group and community. RIP to the Spirit in the Sky !

#46 7 years ago

Rest in peace Steve. You were as friendly and helpful as any Pinsider I've met, and your love of pinball contagious. Best wishes to your family and friends.

#47 7 years ago

I have always loved reading Steve's postings - so willing to help, so knowledgeable, that I knew if I saw him in a thread I'd be in for learning something new.

My condolences to his family and friends.

System 80 will never be the same, nor this hobby.

Rest in peace CARGPB #1.

#48 7 years ago

AS I stated in the other thread honoring Steve,
he will be missed
as he was one of the good ones.
Met up with him more than a few times at PAGG
and had the pleasure of visiting his home (post jackup)
where we closed a deal
with me buying one of his spare GTB Timeline pins.
I will donate that pin to the Pacific Pinball Museum
in his honor and memory .
RIP

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks for taking the lead on this sad post Steve- I miss my brother already and will have many stories to share at his memorial.
Rest in peaceful slumber, Blownfuse, CARGPB#1, System 80 Guru, Steve Charland. God be with Cathy, Amber, Aubrey and the entire family. My guts are in a knot, so much love for Steve-

Steve always had that great big smile. He tried hard to be grumpy, but could never pull it off in a convincing way. Big man, big smile, big heart. We will all miss him dearly, and he is alive in all our hearts.

When I learned of his death this morning, I immediately imagined a scene where Steve (CARGBP #1) and Al Garber (CARGBP #33 1/3) were together again after seven years (within a month) sharing some belly laughs and having a beer. I'm glad they have each other now.

Steve Faith

#50 7 years ago

I am stunned and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of my friend and fellow pinballer Steve Charland. His knowledge of the solid state Gottlieb games was unparalleled, and he was just a super cool ultra nice guy as well.

Another old guardsman has fallen.

Blessings to his family.

Rest in peace, Steve. I'm gonna miss your happy presence at Pin-A-Go-Go. Say Hi! to Al for me...

--*greywolf;

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-charland-rest-in-peace?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.