Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

This post is from JJP NG from Alex couple of hours ago:

"Not sure of what the final version number of this release will be but its a BIG change content wise.
    Once I have the final release notes between Keith, Ted, and myself written and everything is tested ill fill you guys in on what's in this version.

There are features folks have been asking for, a few platform fixes and additional modes."

I really get tired of relying on insider info for updates on software for Stern.

#2 10 years ago

You mean Stern does not communicate like that?

I sent several emails about XM LE code and apparently the Internet was not working or something because I never got any reply.

#3 10 years ago

Why doesn't Stern communicate like that?

Well...it might be because their stuff sells out quickly. There is no real incentive to change their business practices.

#4 10 years ago

Also because alot of what JJP communicated over 2 years was wrong. Probably did not mean it to be but no communication may have been better than none.
    There is no win. Nothing should be announced until it hits as anything can happen along the way.

#5 10 years ago

Stern should see if Alex will volunteer for them .

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Stern should see if Alex will volunteer for them .

Didn't Robin recently ask you two to ignore each other ?

Let it go.

#7 10 years ago

This JJP/Stern comparison stuff is old. JJP must trickle out updates because they are on damage control. The games were not shipped when they said they would. If after all the delays there was radio silence there would be many upset folks.

#8 10 years ago

Really dude ? Let what go?

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Really dude ? Let what go?

The same old stuff every time you post about alex or JJP. We all get it, you hate alex and woz and jjp. Acdc is the best game ever. Blah blah blah.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The same old stuff every time you post about alex or JJP. We all get it, you hate alex and woz and jjp. Acdc is the best game ever. Blah blah blah.

Check you guys out ! The blindfolded army is out in force today !!!

What is wrong Hilton, no flippers to bash ??

#11 10 years ago

Patrick Powers, Tech Support from Stern, has always answered any questions I have asked within a day or two.

When I needed customer service, Stern has gone above and beyond in making sure I was happy. (DMD issues, etc)

I know this doesn't fit into the "Stern sucks, Jack is a visionary" narrative of Pinside, but I still thought I'd throw in my two cents.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ninefingers:

This JJP/Stern comparison stuff is old.

Sadly, I think it'll be the norm.

#13 10 years ago

I'm going to start a thread titled "JJP, Why Don't You Try Producing as Many Pins Per Day as Stern?" and see how that flies.

Quoted from McCune:

What is wrong Hilton, no flippers to bash ??

He is a true crusader, here to deliver us from the evil flippers!

#14 10 years ago

I should start a thread saying "JJP, why don't you ship my game on time like Stern does".

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I should start a thread saying "JJP, why don't you ship my game on time like Stern does".

Ha. Even better than mine.

#16 10 years ago

I really don't understand your point OP.
    There's NO information in that "announcement". Essentially it says: We're working on an update. No news to tell you.
    That's better than Stern, just posting an update? Only if you say so.

Hate to state the overstated, but isn't JJP the company that has made announcements for a couple years now that haven't exactly come to light? Weird that you would suggest Stern can up their game by doing the same thing.

Guess there's one thing we can all learn from this: running a company that makes pinball machines isn't easy.

#17 10 years ago

Stern is far from perfect but so far their business practices are far better than JJP's IMO. That may change but so far I'm not impressed.

#18 10 years ago

Looks like things are changing for the better....quality and customer service will make a difference over the long run and we are just in the first inning!

Or maybe we should start a thread that says..."hey Stern, please ship my pin with all the pieces attached and one without sh*t falling apart"...let's see how that one flies!

#19 10 years ago

Nothing good can possibly come of this thread. Closing it down.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sternwhy-dont-you-try-communicating-like-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.