RR_(resized).jpg
little-caesars-off-the-grid_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
ass_(resized).jpg
02cad6d9295c145bc423c5e78435ae090c15b7a8.jpeg_(resized).jpg
f9c730392e6fe5be047999f469161c77ec271f99.jpeg_(resized).jpg
Vendo_V21_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mamushka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Watch some of the videos on youtube. Each cabinet is connected to a temporary head and every function is tested.

Bought a HUO LOTR. I noticed that several LED's in the "Man" "Dwarf" "Elf" ring indicator above the flippers were not working. Started checking around and found a wire in the head that was loose. I determined it should have been inserted to a IDC connector. Looking at the wire it was pristine, there were no marks indicating it had been previously inserted into the connector (as the connector cuts the insulation it is pretty obvious). So Stern clearly missed the fact that multiple LED's were out on this machine because they never worked until I put the wire into the connector.

I understand that mistakes are made (wire missed) but a comprehensive check should have easily caught this issue. Overall I think they do a pretty reasonable job for the complexity that is a pinball machine, just pointing out they are not verifying every function (at least they were not in 2003).

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So the previous owner did not notice that a bunch of lights were not working after they had just replaced them with LEDs ???

The ring lights are LED's from the factory. The game only had about 250 plays on it when I got it. He was more of a collector than a player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mamushka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-warranty-is-terrible?tu=mamushka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.