RR_(resized).jpg
little-caesars-off-the-grid_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
ass_(resized).jpg
02cad6d9295c145bc423c5e78435ae090c15b7a8.jpeg_(resized).jpg
f9c730392e6fe5be047999f469161c77ec271f99.jpeg_(resized).jpg
Vendo_V21_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edwinpblue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 8 years ago

About five years ago I sold a front aero wheel for my tri bike on eBay. Moments after the auction ended the buyer who posted the winning bid sent an email saying "I hope this wheel is as nice as you say because I have had to send the last four wheels that I've won back..."

My first thought was "oh boy..." Needless to say the guy was a douche and asked for a return because the bearings were "wrecked". I did return his money (after he paid shipping both ways; I turned around and used that wheel in my next half and finished with an overall time of 5:03.

The reason why I posted this is because the aero wheel was my first experience with someone who could never be satisfied... No matter what you do they are unhappy. I suggested that the wheel buyer purchase new because his expectation was like new quality. Here? I would suggest that the buyer buy used.

#147 8 years ago

Wow! Do you take cases where someone was (allegedly) selling themselves to support their pin habit? While they cannot pay they do have the best hands in the mitten state!

Quoted from cody_chunn:

Objection, your honor: hearsay.
"Sustained."

Just because buyers do not use a product as intended does not change the product's purpose.

Informed consumers.

I think you will be hard pressed to find a warranty on ANYTHING ON EARTH that contains the term "reasonably".

It also provides specific limitations to prevent abuse of the warranty, which we have witnessed here. Stern used to send out new playfields for very minor imperfections...only to see them sold for profit. Now you don't see replacement fields sent out much any more.

Irrelevant.

Sure, if it's covered by the published warranty during the warranty time period. Outside that, they are no longer compelled to do anything. The fact that they have provided post-warranty support is an indicator of at least some good faith on their part.

A large portion of their revenue may originate with home sales, but home buyers do not make up any percentage of their customer base. Their customers are distributors and resellers...however they have their network set up. You buy a machine from a distributor and experience problems, you take it up with the entity you bought it from, not the manufacturer. At least until the distributor either rectifies the complaint or punts. From what I have read, Stern then will deal directly with the buyer to try to accommodate their concerns.
IMO, the one area that Stern does right is post-sale tech support (of course that excludes code updates...)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edwinpblue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-warranty-is-terrible?tu=edwinpblue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.