RR_(resized).jpg
little-caesars-off-the-grid_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
ass_(resized).jpg
02cad6d9295c145bc423c5e78435ae090c15b7a8.jpeg_(resized).jpg
f9c730392e6fe5be047999f469161c77ec271f99.jpeg_(resized).jpg
Vendo_V21_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I've had them replace parts past warranty so I disagree

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You got lucky because of who you spoke with on that particular day.

Ive dealt with either Pat or Chas every time, I had fine experiences with them. I dunno, maybe they have bad days too because some douchebag hung up on them.

Quoted from usandthem:

Their expressed written warranty is extremely skimpy.

Well, thats fair I suppose, but I know Gweempose recently had his Aux board fry on Xmen and that game is way out of warranty and they didn't give him any hassle on getting it fixed up.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Again, it's hit and miss as your story of Gweempose illustrates. They cover a game that's way out of warranty, but won't do anything about a brand new game whose decals are falling clean off.
While I haven't bought a brand new game, I did get some ramps from Stern that must've had a problem as they were removed from the mold. They had some pretty big flaws. Stern took them back. When they gave me new ones, they threw in some protectors for good measure. So, I've been taken care of too, in a sense.

Your statement is incorrect, his decals are not falling off, they are having wrinkling issues around the flipper button and they did something, sent him free lolli-pop rails even though their warranty doesn't cover it....

f9c730392e6fe5be047999f469161c77ec271f99.jpeg_(resized).jpgf9c730392e6fe5be047999f469161c77ec271f99.jpeg_(resized).jpg02cad6d9295c145bc423c5e78435ae090c15b7a8.jpeg_(resized).jpg02cad6d9295c145bc423c5e78435ae090c15b7a8.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

No you see, right there, your assuming. And I don't really enjoy people who operate off assumption. Your just making a situation in your head because you favor stern, which I understand... But it's a clear assumption, and that's just dumb. My situation wasn't a decal situation at all or anything pertaining to it. It was a board issue and the ASSHOLE I talked to was not being polite or helpful at all. He was rushing me off the phone really, when I was calm and polite. It's my first stern purchase and it'll be my last. Wether you stern thumpers (like you), like it or not.

You definitely come off as someone truly even tempered.

Edit-was it an Xmen board issue? Details if you could indulge us.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Well, when someone assumes I'm being a dickhead off of absolutely nothing, yeah.... Gets me a bit steamed. Stern are not complete saints, I'm sure someone else in the world has had a bad experience. Just cause they treated you like gold doesn't mean they do that with everyone else. Also doesn't mean everyone who had a bad experience are dickheads either.
And that's not me being "tempered", that's me embracing reality.

So what was wrong with your board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider centerflank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-warranty-is-terrible?tu=centerflank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.