7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RipleYYY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0389 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

From a company that touts "True American Craftsmanship" I'm shocked to see such a limited, limited warranty. None of the parts made in America are even covered.

Don't they have confidence in their own product?

There's such awesome talent in their designers, artists, and engineers. Why not stand behind your product?

JJP covers EVERYTHING for a month, and electronics for a full year.

IMG_0386 (resized).JPGIMG_0386 (resized).JPG

IMG_0389 (resized).PNGIMG_0389 (resized).PNG

#2 7 years ago

If you do some research on how Stern handles warranty problems you will find both positive and negative incidents. What is written above verbatim does not equate to how they warranty machines.

#3 7 years ago

That's not worth the paper it is written on here in Europe.

#4 7 years ago

I had a VUK replaced by Stern under "warranty"

#5 7 years ago

JJP's machines are primarily sold for home use. Stern's are primarily sold for commercial location use.

Buy a Keurig coffee maker meant for home use and put it in a break room at a workplace. There is no warranty when the pump stops working in six months. Yet, for home use, the warranty is for a longer term.

Carguement; buy a new sedan and use it as a taxi cab or police car. The published Warranty is not at all like a car sold for personal, private use.

Stern's Warranty is pretty good for a commercial piece of equipment.

Defects in materials and workmanship show up pretty fast with moving parts.

#6 7 years ago

From my experience, they will stand behind a legitimate claim well above what is written on that piece of paper. But put yourself in their shoes, and then go look at what some people do to these machines. They are designed to be placed in a commercial setting, and we have all seen them set up wrong, neglected, filthy, and hacked beyond belief. I realize the tide is turning, and more and more of these are going into homes, but many of those pins are abused as well. Having any better coverage in writing has the potential to make them liable for a lot more than just a legitimate manufacturer defect.

3 weeks later
    #7 7 years ago

again, i have to add a word on this, as OK, when its bad, its bad...
    but in the other way, not evbd is giving feedback here when its good

just bought a HUO Avengers, directly mailed & asked Chas their extra kit for this pin (and also 1 more plastic... ) and a week later, UPS just came to my house to deliver, this for a pin not more being under warranty (2012) !

OK, some will say its not more than few cheap pieces, but no matter, they could have just ignore my request...
    and than, its positive for sure, and as a customer, i'm a happy one

tanx again Chas and Patrick...

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

again, i have to add a word on this, as OK, when its bad, its bad...
    but in the other way, not evbd is giving feedback here when its good
    just bought a HUO Avengers, directly mailed & asked Chas their extra kit for this pin (and also 1 more plastic... ) and a week later, UPS just came to my house to deliver, this for a pin not more being under warranty (2012) !
    OK, some will say its not more than few cheap pieces, but no matter, they could have just ignore my request...
    and than, its positive for sure, and as a customer, i'm a happy one
    tanx again Chas and Patrick...

Agreed. They often go above and beyond what is expected of a manufacturer.

9 months later
    #9 6 years ago

again... as sometimes, shit happends :/

just bought a TWD pro NIB, and the CPU board was showing faillure on day 1 & after only few games (reboots, DMD glitches)
    on the same day, after calls, mails, pics, videos exchanges (with my distro, and Chas at STERN), Chas quickly says OK for a swap...

and to not make me wait days/weeks (Xmas & end of year period), my distro even make it better while founding here another CPU board

to resume : pinball delivered thrusday morning (and than not more working in the evening), and this saturday morning, all is back to normal

tanx again Carl J. (distro in Belgium), and tanx again Chas at STERN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-warranty-and-their-marketing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.