(Topic ID: 111185)

Stern's Walking Dead LE one week after delivery....

By PinballChicken

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-792.jpg
image.jpg
image2 (2).JPG
IMG_1111.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

Tough=repeat playability. Punishment=sell it and move on. This game is right there. On the cusp of frustration, then you stack modes, and get the multiballs moving, you love it.

When the initial pf design was released, I called my friend at Stern and told him everything I thought was wrong with the design and how I may have made a mistake buying sight unseen. He assured me it was going to play awesome and to not worry. Glad I listened. (I usually do.)

I would call the pf design brutal, and the rules rewarding. A strong mix like this happens in few titles. I can see this being a keeper.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My wife and I really LOVE the show and were super stoked about this game coming out. However, I thought she was going to put a beatdown on the machine we played at expo. I was pretty MEH on the game experience overall, but man, she hated it. We were both really disappointed that we didn't love the game. Needless to say we backed out of our LE pre-order.

Like I've stated to a few other Pinsiders who also backed out, at least you tried the game beforehand.

Pin is unique enough it may polarize some folks; I can easily see that.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Two week status... Still in the box!!!
Maybe I should trade it for a TRON LE

OMG. Lorenzo. Didn't you buy 6 of em??? Open it up for godsake Mi Amigo!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from T7:

A larger rubber on the left entrance post of the right ramp fixes this - the ball always bounces over to the left flipper. It only takes a few minutes to swap and your good - unfortunately games on location may not get the fix.

Larger rubber on post doesn't affect RH lane shot?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

glad you're enjoying your game but i've owned a quite a few of them for a week that i grew sick of after a month. way too early to know if you made the right choice. this totally looks like i'm peeing in your wheaties. sorry.

Ditto. Scared Stiff. Took a year to do a CQ restoration, then found out I couldn't stand the game.

Only took me 4 days. Wow. Goes to show how different the real thing is compared to Virtual Pinball.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Four but only one is mine #556 the other three I can drive 20 min in three direction and play anytime... Have a TRON LE on hook need to decide to open the game or make the trade....hmmmm

First world problems.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I have now turned the corner completely! Wow! Can't stop playing this game.

Great!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow.
Not newbies either.

I set my level on the top of the backbox. What?

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OP it was a good read and I appreciate the review. Honestly, I don't think it was that long and even if it was it provided value.
That being said, what makes this thread different from the defense of any Stern NIB? I think it's intended to act as though the dissenters are wrong. I don't necessarily think that is the case though.
Liked your review, but let's let the overall market judge and we'll know when we see prices on LE's 6-12 months from now.
My belief and prediction is that they will fall somewhere between TAV and XMLE. I could be wrong.

I disagree with your prediction, but agree with your timeline Eggy.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Chickety china and the chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops ticking
Watching X Files.....
Good job Pinball Chicken with the review, Sorry scrambled Eggy, but you are WAY off base!

While I agree with everything you just said, I disagree with none of it. That is all.

Over and out.

Roger Wilco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-walking-dead-le-one-week-after-delivery?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.