(Topic ID: 111185)

Stern's Walking Dead LE one week after delivery....

By PinballChicken

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-792.jpg
image.jpg
image2 (2).JPG
IMG_1111.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dylanfan71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

After owning my TWDLE a couple weeks, I am on the fence. I have had some good games on it but also a ton of frustration playing it.
It's not just short ball times but the way the plunges that can be frustrating. From the start you plunge the ball right into chaos not control. The ball plunges into the pops which can take a long time to come out and is very dangerous. It is not uncommon to plunge, wait on pops, drain down center, ball save repeat, on to ball 2 without ever hitting the ball.
As for flow, the ramps are buttery smooth and easy to hit. But the left orbit shot is ruined by the right pop bumper. The ball will hit the skirt on the right pop preventing left orbit from properly flowing back to the flipper. The right orbit is a fun shot and flows back when hit.
The game is evil on the outlanes but that's not my main gripe. I think the pop bumpers are really what takes away from the game more than anything else.
The rules are starting to come alive and really have some awesome stacking. I don't yet find the strategy common in other Lyman games like spiderman, Acdc, or Metallica where you always have a couple things you're trying to do. But that could be just because I don't fully understand the rules. I often get to points with massive scoring opportunities with 4 or 5 things stacked at once. That's when the game is fun.
I've made some tweaks to my game to help the flow. I added some sticky back Velcro to the exit rail on the left orbit shot directly above the right pop bumper. This seems to send the ball back towards the flippers far more often. I added a superband sleeve on the post exiting the pops which helps the pops exiting unhittable down the middle to happen less often. I removed the rubbers on the inlane of the left outlane area. This opened the outlane more but also prevents balls from hitting the inlane then bouncing out as often. These improvements all helped but I'd still like to see the pops less.

Great write up by the OP and Mark. Mark, you put your finger on my issue with the orbits. You hit a great shot on the left orbit and are rewarded with too much pops. The right orbit is a rewarding shot.

I love the ramps and the bash toys are fun to me.

The option to short plunge to a flipper would be nice. Maybe if you held the left flipper to turn off pops for a quick skill shot.

I haven't changed any settings other than free play and my best score is just over 80 Mil.

Once Metallica was a little more advanced with the clear rules, I was able to enjoy it more. Looking forward to the same thing with TWD.

#84 9 years ago

Up until last night, my GC score was 91 million. Last night, I have no idea what happened but I must have stacked stuff well because I had a multiball that just kept coming. Final score was 177 million. Great fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dylanfan71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-walking-dead-le-one-week-after-delivery?tu=dylanfan71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.