Sterns Stars HELP

By jburas7

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978
#1 6 years ago

My Stars machine was working pretty good i would say. Until my chimes stopped working. Turns out I had a bad chime coil and i guess it cause the fuse to blow. Meanwhile i decided to clean up my connectors replaced all of the female ends and cleaned the male ends. Now when i turn the machine on the MPU LED doesnt turn on at all. Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated still learning to read the schematics as it is extremely confusing to me.

Thanks

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from jburas7:

Now when i turn the machine on the MPU LED doesnt turn on at all.

Most likely because you Rect board isn't working correctly. Did you check the fuses there with a Multimeter? Pinwiki has a good right up on the rect boards and to tackle them step by step.
Sorry I can;t link it from work but shouldn;t be too hard to find.

#3 6 years ago

TheLaw Thanks so much for sending me to that! it helped me solve this problem. When I put my wires back into the J4 connector i accidentally put pin 12 in the pin 11 hole. Moved it over and it came right on. Now the only problem i am having is that when i use the left flipper the left drop targets reset. But only sometimes (not every single time i hit the flipper). Also whe i start a game the drop targets reset like 3 time when they use to only do it once when starting a game.

#4 6 years ago

Update: Had some time to play a game. Looks like the drop targets are resetting every time i hit any switch. Any ideas?

#5 6 years ago

put it into switch test, look for stuck switches, test all switches .....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-stars-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.