• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by creepykenny
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978
#1 1 year ago

My Stars machine was working pretty good i would say. Until my chimes stopped working. Turns out I had a bad chime coil and i guess it cause the fuse to blow. Meanwhile i decided to clean up my connectors replaced all of the female ends and cleaned the male ends. Now when i turn the machine on the MPU LED doesnt turn on at all. Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated still learning to read the schematics as it is extremely confusing to me.

Thanks

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from jburas7:

Now when i turn the machine on the MPU LED doesnt turn on at all.

Most likely because you Rect board isn't working correctly. Did you check the fuses there with a Multimeter? Pinwiki has a good right up on the rect boards and to tackle them step by step.
Sorry I can;t link it from work but shouldn;t be too hard to find.

#3 1 year ago

thelaw Thanks so much for sending me to that! it helped me solve this problem. When I put my wires back into the J4 connector i accidentally put pin 12 in the pin 11 hole. Moved it over and it came right on. Now the only problem i am having is that when i use the left flipper the left drop targets reset. But only sometimes (not every single time i hit the flipper). Also whe i start a game the drop targets reset like 3 time when they use to only do it once when starting a game.

#4 1 year ago

Update: Had some time to play a game. Looks like the drop targets are resetting every time i hit any switch. Any ideas?

#5 1 year ago

put it into switch test, look for stuck switches, test all switches .....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside