Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• NFL Stern, 2001

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1334 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

They do play the same as Striker Xtreme. Like, exactly the same. Just with football as the theme instead of European football. I love John Borg designs generally, but this one suffers from a huge flaw which is that if you get multiple balls in the VUK during multiball (really easy to do), the game usually spews them out SDTM. Great way to get a jackpot.

Beyond that, it's okay. The NFL games almost never pop up for sale because they are almost all owned by team fans, and when they do they go for silly money. The Packers versions that I know of that have changed hands around here (in Packer country) can go for $5k+.

Striker Xtreme could be had even recently for less than $1k.

I do bet it earns like crazy though... if anyone puts them out. They were really, really limited for some reason.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can you place NFL roms in a Striker Extreme?

You know, I don't know... but I would be surprised if you couldn't. Stern didn't develop the sort of protection for the LEs until LOTR LE came out...

Having said that, it might be confusing as the modes while playing the same were all renamed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-nfl-pinball?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.