• 33 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by boustrophedonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• NFL Stern, 2001

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1334 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

So for those who have actually put some time on one of these, is it a decent game? I know they are very limited in their production. For those who have bought or sold them what would be a decent price on them? I rarely ever see them for sale, so not sure if anyone can even provide info about pricing.

#2 6 years ago

It's a retheme of Striker Xtreme, but with some NFL teams.

#3 6 years ago

I have a Dallas cowboys coming into the shop sometime in the next month. Not sure what price point is though.

#4 6 years ago

Someone should find me a Carolina Panthers one so that I can remember an era when they weren't a bunch of bumbling morons...

#5 6 years ago

Ah, the Jake Delhomme days?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Someone should find me a Carolina Panthers one so that I can remember an era when they weren't a bunch of bumbling morons...

I remember the Steve Smith heydey, dude ran and jumped like a track athlete, but then DBs would bounce off his ass like he weighed 500lbs. I jumped up one boozy game and yelled, "BULLSHIT! That guy's a mutant. It's not fair! He's double dense!" So he's been known as Double D in my herd ever since.

All you guys need to do it let Cam coach the team. Just ask him, he'll tell ya.

#7 6 years ago

I own 2 of them. I just bought a Steelers version. It is shipping with NAVL and should be here by the end of the week. I also own a Bears/Packers version. (I have both translites.) Before it came into my possession, someone did a bad job removing the mylar and screwed up the playfield. It has been stripped and sent off for repairs and clear coat.

I'll probably be selling or trading one of them next year when the restore is completed.

I am pretty sure that a change of translite and change of EPROMs converts from one team to the next. It might be possible to select the team without changing EPROMs.

I only played a few games before tearing it down and it is not much of a player. But I am a pretty big Bears fan so that makes it a keeper to me.

Tom

#8 6 years ago

Striker is kinda fun but the theme and art is a train wreck.

#9 6 years ago

They didn't even make one for the Bills I don't think

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

They didn't even make one for the Bills I don't think

nor the Patriots and Chargers....

#11 6 years ago

There are some Panthers ones floating around, but good luck finding that translite and the roms for it..

#12 6 years ago

I have a Cleveland Browns backglass but cant find the roms now after a few moves. The pin is over 10 years would like to buy some as it seems I cant find them now. Watched the Browns Sunday before the Rush concert wow what crappy weather Sun and all day today driving back. It 4am and I just got back home, WVA is getting buried in snow. Good luck to all. Figured I post here before power is out.

#13 6 years ago

I was going to buy the St. Louis Rams one, but it couldn't score just like the team. :0( BTW, don't ask how a Rams fan got implanted in Indiana. It's a loooooooooong story!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

nor the Patriots and Chargers....

Nor the Colts.

#15 6 years ago

All the NFL games used the same ROMS.

Only the translite is different between teams.

You can change the team in adjustments.

#16 6 years ago

Make sure you play before you buy. One of those games I actually walked away from during the middle of play because I was so bored. Maybe I just played a bad one that was not working 100% and a dialed in one would be more enjoyable. Only good thing about the title is you can likely sell to a NFL collector for some good money like Corvette collectors pay for the corvette pinball machine.

#17 6 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

This person is selling a Lions one. Shes trying to get $3,200 for it. Seems pretty pricey.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Make sure you play before you buy. One of those games I actually walked away from during the middle of play because I was so bored. Maybe I just played a bad one that was not working 100% and a dialed in one would be more enjoyable. Only good thing about the title is you can likely sell to a NFL collector for some good money like Corvette collectors pay for the Corvette pinball machine.

Corvette is an excellent player, though

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Corvette is an excellent player, though

I agree and am not knocking corvette. It's just that most corvette collectors (non-pinheads) tend to pay more for that title then pinball collectors.

#20 6 years ago

They do play the same as Striker Xtreme. Like, exactly the same. Just with football as the theme instead of European football. I love John Borg designs generally, but this one suffers from a huge flaw which is that if you get multiple balls in the VUK during multiball (really easy to do), the game usually spews them out SDTM. Great way to get a jackpot.

Beyond that, it's okay. The NFL games almost never pop up for sale because they are almost all owned by team fans, and when they do they go for silly money. The Packers versions that I know of that have changed hands around here (in Packer country) can go for $5k+.

Striker Xtreme could be had even recently for less than $1k.

I do bet it earns like crazy though... if anyone puts them out. They were really, really limited for some reason.

#21 6 years ago

I know ops still making good $$ with Striker Xtreme. I have an op I've fixed one a couple times for.

It really wasn't a horrible player when I had it in the shop last, I enjoyed having it around.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

They do play the same as Striker Xtreme. Like, exactly the same. Just with football as the theme instead of European football. I love John Borg designs generally, but this one suffers from a huge flaw which is that if you get multiple balls in the VUK during multiball (really easy to do), the game usually spews them out SDTM. Great way to get a jackpot.
Beyond that, it's okay. The NFL games almost never pop up for sale because they are almost all owned by team fans, and when they do they go for silly money. The Packers versions that I know of that have changed hands around here (in Packer country) can go for $5k+.
Striker Xtreme could be had even recently for less than $1k.
I do bet it earns like crazy though... if anyone puts them out. They were really, really limited for some reason.

Can you place NFL roms in a Striker Extreme?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I know ops still making good $$ with Striker Xtreme.

My employee and I were just playing this at the bowling alley a few weeks ago, We put in 2 bucks and ended up getting three free games each as it was set up pretty easy. Not a bad game, cabinet is horrid looking.

#24 6 years ago

If I end up trying to get one, it will be a Skins version, but I'm not looking at paying crazy prices for it. Then again I would probably just get a new translight made, as the stock Stern one's don't look that good.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You know, I don't know... but I would be surprised if you couldn't. Stern didn't develop the sort of protection for the LEs until LOTR LE came out...

Having said that, it might be confusing as the modes while playing the same were all renamed.

4 years later
#26 2 years ago

Look at this on eBay check it out anyone still looking for 1 ebay.com link

#27 2 years ago

Same one that is on Cleveland CL for $5500? Waiting for the Cleveland jokes. )

#28 2 years ago

27-0 over the Colts?!

2 months later
#29 2 years ago

Currently looking for an NFL Stern machine. Don't care what team, but the Bears would be preferred.

Any leads?

2 weeks later
#30 2 years ago

one for sale on craigslist in minneapolis mn

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#31 2 years ago

Finally landed mine and I love it.
Don't listen to the nay-Sayers. This is a great game to play with plenty going on: rewarding ramp shots, several multiball modes, jackpots, super jackpots and double super jackpots. The game gets progressively harder as you work your way through. The drop targets can be rewarding and punishing. As a pinball fan (this my 8th machine) and an NFL fan, I'm glad to have paid average price for this well above average pinball!
Flip on!

IMG_1334 (resized).JPG

#32 2 years ago

Welcome to the club. Go Bears!

3 months later
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I was curious about this so I gave it a try, & it does actually seem to work. It's a pain to program and replace all 7 ROM's, but sure enough, the game plays. I'm not sure it makes the game all that much better, but I do prefer the football/Packer references to the soccer ones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,950 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
NFL
Commack, NY
$ 399.95
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside