(Topic ID: 111759)

Stern's Next Release: Fast and Furious? (My prediction)

By Chambahz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by xyntec
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

liveafterdeath1920x1200.jpg
    image2.jpg
    images.jpg
    Dog.jpg
    the-dude-abides-christian-broadbent.jpg
    heydude.jpg
    !!!!groom.jpg
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

In another thread by Whysnow,
    "What is next Stern title/designer/programmer?",
    Pinsider nOs4atu states that a couple weeks ago, someone at Stern told him the next release is code named "Dude".
    ASSUMING THAT TO BE TRUE...

My prediction is Fast & the Furious.

The reference being: Dude, Where's My Car?

#2 9 years ago

You know nothing...

#3 9 years ago

Fixed that for ya.

Post edited by moderator: Violated the rule on changing quotes

#4 9 years ago

I thought it was 100% known its Kiss followed by Game Of Thrones, assumed to be John Trudeau doing Kiss and SR definitely GoT

#5 9 years ago

FF was a strongly rumored pin from Stern. Rumor was that it was pulled with Paul Walker's death. If true it makes sense that they would do it next as they already had the license.

Quoted from mufcmufc:

I thought it was 100% known its Kiss followed by Game Of Thrones, assumed to be John Trudeau doing Kiss and SR definitely GoT

100%?

Seriously?

#7 9 years ago

I can see KISS since they nabbed the license from Jpop (why he created that cab with artwork is beyond me). So gotta believe that's happening.

And then Game of Thrones. F & F too much car stuff on the heels of Mustang and Walker is dead and Vin Diesel is decent but not enough to make a pin over.

There will be a music pin in 2015, that's a LOCK!

#8 9 years ago

Well "we know for sure" that KISS is being done (both JPOP's KISS pin that didn't win first prize, and Gene Simmons stating in a radio interview that a new pin was being made) but we don't know when.
    Guess it won't come as a surprise if KISS is next.
    I would prefer that Ritchie and Sheats not be the ones doing it, so we can see something new from them instead.

Still, I don't get the "Dude" reference.
    Any KISS fans out there able to link the reference?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Star Wars is coming in the next 2.

Ya makes sense Ritchie is getting Star Wars as the time frame matches and he picks his themes these days after the restructure. Steve picks epic themes.

Thrones was a rumor and personally don't see the epicness in that, Thrones could sell a few thousand at best I think. Star Wars may very well sell 8000-10000 (TSPP sold over 10k units) units as the best selling pin in the modern age as the height of pinball awareness and popularity has grown in the last few years. It's a magical license that transcends all age groups and is timeless.

Star Wars could be made as a stand alone 6 movie collective riding the coattails of the new movie in Dec 2015.

Or the 6 originals with highlights of the new 7th film assets included late closer upon release.

Time will tell.

#10 9 years ago

Dude is reference for...

!!!!groom.jpg!!!!groom.jpg
    #11 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Or the 6 originals with highlights of the new 7th film assets included late closer upon release.
    Time will tell.

As long as they don't pull an IJ4 with it...

...or an Episode I, DE Star Wars or Star Wars Trilogy for that matter. Man do we need a good Star Wars pin.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Well "we know for sure" that KISS is being done (both JPOP's KISS pin that didn't win first prize, and Gene Simmons stating in a radio interview that a new pin was being made) but we don't know when.
    Guess it won't come as a surprise if KISS is next.
    I would prefer that Ritchie and Sheats not be the ones doing it, so we can see something new from them instead.
    Still, I don't get the "Dude" reference.
    Any KISS fans out there able to link the reference?

Was it DUDE or DUDES ? Then it's Aerosmith "Dude looks like a lady" or KISS as in a bunch of dudes... I still think it's KISS, have not heard anything other than that.

AC/DC code name was Grinder so that means nothing.

#13 9 years ago

I could see them retheming Mustang as F&F.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I still think it's KISS, have not heard anything other than that.

Listen closer.

LTG : )™

#15 9 years ago

Yep, Ritchie will be on Star Wars for sure and they will sell thousands because it will be the same re hashed fan layout, with spinner and fill in the blank toys.

Pinball is about theme, #1, and people are gonna want this unless its a 10k boner.

#16 9 years ago

I'll take the fan layout for a good Star Wars pin. With the sound capabilities today and Ritchie's speed and flow, Lyman on code, I'm in.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I'll take the fan layout for a good Star Wars pin. With the sound capabilities today and Ritchie's speed and flow, Lyman on code, I'm in.

For me, its Theme and Lyman with Stern first........anything else, I don't care.

As for theme, if its Star Wars and Lyman and there is some kind of LCD and its less than 15k, count me in. I could care less if Ritchie is throwing out the same fan layout rehashed over again and again.

Give me Lyman, a great theme, and whoever designs it, I don't care.

#18 9 years ago

Anyone notice the "Drifting Video" on Facebook? I'd have to say that's awfully close to the Fast and Furious Theme.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Was it DUDE or DUDES ? Then it's Aerosmith "Dude looks like a lady" or KISS as in a bunch of dudes... I still think it's KISS, have not heard anything other than that.
    AC/DC code name was Grinder so that means nothing.

Agree.... I'm going with AEROSMITH 100%.

The band was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970... 2015... 45TH Anniversary, I saw them this year they still put on a great show.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, Ritchie will be on Star Wars for sure and they will sell thousands because it will be the same re hashed fan layout, with spinner and fill in the blank toys.
    Pinball is about theme, #1, and people are gonna want this unless its a 10k boner.

So Stern have Star Wars?

Thought JJP would really go after that license. It's the biggest license for years, not counting Harry Potter which no one was able to get.

#21 9 years ago

Yes , Stern has the Star Wars License. I can confirm this as fact.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from mufcmufc:

The build times can change for license reasons, design reasons, timelines change. But they do have game of thrones that Ritchie is doing.

#23 9 years ago

Dude is also know as a horses penis... Just in case u want to keep throwing odd references out there.

Quoted from Chambahz:

In another thread by Whysnow,
    "What is next Stern title/designer/programmer?",
    Pinsider nOs4atu states that a couple weeks ago, someone at Stern told him the next release is code named "Dude".
    ASSUMING THAT TO BE TRUE...
    My prediction is Fast & the Furious.
    The reference being: Dude, Where's My Car?

#24 9 years ago

I wonder if the drifting video on FB was Stern screwing with pinsiders. It did seem out of place.

#25 9 years ago

I would like to see a Fast and Furious pin. Please do this Stern!

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yes , Stern has the Star Wars License. I can confirm this as fact.

Good....and affordable "fun" Star Wars......I just might be IN.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Dude is also know as a horses penis... Just in case u want to keep throwing odd references out there.

Thanks Dude!

: )

#28 9 years ago

I think it's Cake. Comfort Eagle. He's calling me Dude!

#29 9 years ago

i'd like to have a star wars pin but shouldn't it be done after the trilogy? that means around 2020.

game of thrones, where do i send the money?
    kiss... seriously?
    fast ans furious, they just did mustang, i doubt it.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i'd like to have a Star Wars pin but shouldn't it be done after the trilogy? that means around 2020.

Stern can make the first film, JJP the trilogy. Sounds good to me.

#31 9 years ago

I figured it out... It's nickelodeon's hey dude heydude.jpgheydude.jpg

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Stern can make the first film, JJP the trilogy. Sounds good to me.

yep i can deal with that.

#33 9 years ago

Perhaps this DUDE... Who's in TRON... and it's TRON VE.the-dude-abides-christian-broadbent.jpgthe-dude-abides-christian-broadbent.jpg

1 week later
    #34 9 years ago

How about this Dude for a new pin theme.

Dog.jpgDog.jpg

#35 9 years ago

Game of Thrones is a great theme, I think it would sell well. But yes Star Wars would sell better, though wouldn't they try to base it on the new movie and not the old ones? A new movie we know next to nothing about other than there's a soccer ball droid, a black stormtrooper, and lightsabers now have crossguards?

#36 9 years ago

Superman a late entry.Stern loves the Movie themes with that cheap screen art.

#37 9 years ago

I'm still thinking either Jaws (40 anniv this coming year) or Superman (agreeing with stretch).

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I figured it out... It's nickelodeon's hey dude

I would prefer a Pete and Pete pin. SUPER ARTY MULTIBALL!!!!!!

#39 9 years ago

I thought that after Star Trek Ritchie didn't want to work with JJ Abrams again...

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I thought that after Star Trek Ritchie didn't want to work with JJ Abrams again..

Yeah Ritchie was really ripping into Abrams in the last Spooky podcast interview. I still think he'd take the Star Wars license though. Sometimes you hate working with somebody but you just nut up and do it.

#42 9 years ago

Not a huge fan of KISS. Aerosmith would be great. They have a lot of good songs to populate the game.

Game of Thrones is still a dream pin for me. Think there is so much that can be done with it.

#43 9 years ago

A F&F pin could be nice but just after Mustang doesn't sound right, and to be honest the Mustang kind of disappointed me game-wise, it does look very nice though.
    Aerosmith?? Come on, it's gonna be a disaster like Rolling Stones, just a bunch of old dudes, and hey I do like the music but a pin I would not buy, same goes with kiss, I like the music, even was a big fan in the early days but only thing on the pin would be a couple of masked guys.
    It should be an Iron Maiden pin in my opinion, good music and great themes, just think of all the beautiful artwork that could be done! Not to mention cool looking Eddie toys!

liveafterdeath1920x1200.jpgliveafterdeath1920x1200.jpg images.jpgimages.jpg image2.jpgimage2.jpg
    #44 9 years ago

Walking Death was a big disappointment to me, never even heard of it before the pin came out, don't like it either and wouldn't want it in my living room, Game of Thrones doesn't ring a bell either, suppose it's a game...
    Maybe series and games are big in the USA, don't think so here in Europe, I think a general theme (like Mustang) or a Music Theme would sell a lot better here...

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from xyntec:

Walking Death was a big disappointment to me, never even heard of it before the pin came out, don't like it either and wouldn't want it in my living room, Game of Thrones doesn't ring a bell either, suppose it's a game...
    Maybe series and games are big in the USA, don't think so here in Europe, I think a general theme (like Mustang) or a Music Theme would sell a lot better here...

I hear running water and toilets are coming to Europe this year, followed shortly thereafter by The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones.

#46 9 years ago

I'm staying out of Stern speculation from now on. Haven't even asked my friend any questions at all. Just chit chat from now on.

I guess Gary had a sit down with him and 4 others. Reminded him of NDA punitive actions.

He could care less as he has bigger plans on career moves coming up ( hopefully), so he may wave bye bye to 'he should have retired 10 years ago' Gary, and 'Master of his own universe' Dave. Lol.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

I hear running water and toilets are coming to Europe this year, followed shortly thereafter by The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones.

Really?! WOW running water, wouldn't that be awesome! And then first TV maybe?

#48 9 years ago

Sounds like KISS is pretty much a cert. Not my type of music but I guess they do have a fan base. Would far rather see Aerosmith as a title. Iron Maiden might prove popular in places like South America where sales are normally less but are quite a polarising band in the UK (but then I would have thought the same of Metallica) - do think their artwork would look good on a pin though. Maybe one day we'll see a Motorhead pin

Surely the Fast & Furious is too close in theme to Mustang and I'm pretty sure that one bombed all across Europe. I know it was a film but was it actually any good? I always assumed it was a throw away film rather than one that had a hard core fan base but I'd be prepared to admit I'm wrong on that one.

Personally I would love a Game of Throne pin but I suspect the demographics of fans is similar to those of the Walking Dead. The Hobbit would also have a large cross section of the same potential buyers, so is there enough cash left to go around for all three themes at the same time?

My money would be on a music themes coming out on a regular basis to hit that middle aged man demographic until they run out of classic rock bands to use.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from johngravenews:

Personally I would love a Game of Throne pin but I suspect the demographics of fans is similar to those of the Walking Dead. The Hobbit would also have a large cross section of the same potential buyers, so is there enough cash left to go around for all three themes at the same time?

Yep. Time to sell my daughter.

#50 9 years ago

Dude = I am groot.

I want a guardians pin so bad it hurts....

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-release-fast-and-furious-my-prediction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.