(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (8 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (8 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (8 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (8 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (8 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (8 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (8 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (8 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (6 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 months ago

Awesome! Love me some B2K

#457 8 months ago

Wow. I must say, I'm impressed with what I see. Can't wait to give it a play.

#622 8 months ago

I do feel the pro is legit bogus. That is such a huge difference in gameplay that they shouldn't even be named the same game.

#633 8 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is hilarious. Does this angle come from "well I actually *WANT* this game, so *NOW* the pro/premium model is a tragedy" ? GOT missing the upper playfield, munsters missing the lower playfield -- same deal. Money has to come out somewhere.

No, I've always disliked their model and mentioned it a few times. It just is less apparent in some other games. I do mention it because I am actually interested in this one. (wasn't at all in munsters).

#766 8 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Meh......11k+AUD for basically a rehash of a ( decent ) older game with a cool centre toy and LCD screen....not for me.
12 drops and a horseshoe on the 1980 version, nearly 40 years ago.
Am I the only one not seeing anything truly great here? This community bashes up any new game that comes out due to lack of innovation, repeat shot designs, brick shots etc and yet here we have a game we have all played many many many times basically being re-released and people are losing their minds over how great it's gunna be.......we are a strange bunch

I would say this is far from just a re-release. While the overall layout is similar, there's lots of differences here. Yes, part of it is nostalgia, but there's nothing wrong with rehashing a theme. It's not going to hit for everyone, but the theme alone is pretty much a win when all you see coming out is band and tv show pinball machines.

#790 8 months ago

The hate on Dialed in, but gushing over Munsters just shows you are old. Dialed In while the theme may be...questionable, is a great game.

#877 8 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

No you're just such a jjp shill it feels that way. It's a Stern release thread. Crawl back to your jjp pirates circle jerk safe space and let us celebrate this release.

In all fairness, the slams came out of nowhere by people like you (I believe it was Ben actually). Sorry that it doesn't fit your narrative.

#906 8 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Haha I shows my wife the vid. She said “here’s what’s going to happen...you’ll want to order it then watch the gameplay then tell me you’re worried about the code blah blah blah.”
Me: “Correct.”

Yep. It sure does look purrty, and the theme is exactly up my alley, but I'll wait to play it first before committing.

#1028 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Holy crap was that phone connection bad. The podcast should have been edited to take out the copious dead air and static/digital sounds. Could have shaved literally 15% or about 3 minutes off the running time and made it less annoying to listen to.
One nugget that was interesting. The top "playfield" we know is plastic, but in the podcast he says it's essentially like the plastic on the top level of WPT - not even that thick. Anyone with a WPT knows how crappy that plastic looks after not a lot of play. Counting on it to stay clear enough to provide some visibility to the area below that solid wood will not is a foolish wish as all other pins that use plastic playfield pieces have shown. Disappointing they didn't use wood.

In another interview it was mentioned that the piece is easily cleanable/polishable and replaceable w/o removing the flipper etc. Not ideal obviously, but something at least.

#1141 8 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lost me after this. I'm sure there are other Christians who are equally offended by this. This happens way too often on here.
If you don't like the following response, then refrain from using my savior's name in vain.

I seem to recall at one time pinball was the work of the devil and outlawed.

#1315 8 months ago

Buying anything sight unseen is just asking to be let down.

#1488 8 months ago

Here. Fixed the arm/hand issues for the backglass.

pasted_image (resized).png
#1660 8 months ago

Balls of Rage is so much more appropriate.

#1678 8 months ago
Quoted from s1500:

So does the mace do 4 things?
1. horizontal - free to make the ramp shot
2. vertical - shot is blocked(a bash toy)
3. Fling the ball up the ramp
4. fling the ball back at you for maximum lulz.
If so, that sounds like a fun mechanism.

It also blends ice for your drinks.

1 week later
#2690 7 months ago

Just watched the stream, damn the soundtrack is awesome.

Did I miss something or did the premium knight never try to block you from the ramp? I saw it open and close, but never saw it spin.

#2752 7 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Ok I've sobered up to give a brief over view. Code is very early still so i cant say much positive other than i see the potential.
The shield lock shot is exciting but also tough and as code sits it can be annoying. For no rhyme or reason the shield will lower and it becomes a chore and risk to start a mode.
The flail is still kinda underused but a great toy with feedback when you sneak past it, hit it or get denied.
The knight base shot is basicly suicide.
The right orbit shot feeds to the pops but on both pros i played the feed out of the pops hits the top of the sling almost every time which is annoying and hard to control.
Ball times are extremely short till you figure out the shots and a routine.
My biggest complaint is very rarely do i ever shoot from the left flipper on this game. Really only time is to hit the light lock target. If you hit the shield with the left flipper or attempt the lock, you will drain. Its a back hand shot. The drop targets are nice but arent really coded in. So youll find your self with the ball on the left either doing a post pass or scratching your head on what to shoot at. Once they code in the drop targets more it'll remedy it alot
Dual spinners are sweet and they rip quite nice.
The ramp is smooth as hell but as it sits it can be blocked most of your ball until you learn to raise the flail etc
Magna save i more often forgot to use it less than the button being in the middle affected me. It works but not a large range
Bottom line is im in. Its fast and punishing but running it steeper than 6.5 made my ball times greatly increase and i had fun. Im in on the LE.

This post here sums up why I scratch my head at people on this forum. You basically said nothing positive about this game, but still say you are going to buy it in 'hopes' that the code will be improved. Your post alone tells me there's no way I'd drop money on this right now, and I'm very hyped for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside