(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (7 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (7 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (7 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (7 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (7 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (5 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#466 7 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Looks a lot like Game of Thrones... I really like Game of Thrones.
[quoted image]

In terms of "fan" layout on the Pro, perhaps. But just about every shot on BK3 has something different whether it's shot gap width, or where it goes. Also # of ramps, VUK's, spinners, is all different. No returning ramp to the left flipper. It's pretty much nothing like GoT.

#469 7 months ago
Quoted from jsm172:

6k for a pro? Wasn’t Munsters 5400 for a pro?

Why does this get asked on every new release with "MSRP Prices"

#520 7 months ago

What's interesting is in that Pro gameplay image, you can see the "flail lane" they mention in the feature matrix. It may look like a long ramp, but it's actually a flat stainless lane with the ramp flap actually located behind it. Stern knew this area would get decimated by the balls and the BK's flail thingy and had to create a massive stainless portion of the PF.

I guess they were tired of shipping replacement PF's.

#580 7 months ago

Lol, for $6K, if you're going to gimp the upper PF out of the Pro, can you at least keep the better rubber?

BK Pro (resized).png
BK Premium (resized).png

#1697 7 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Maybe I'm late to the game on this but looks like the catapalt lock is an over/under mech that loops around to the ramp just to the right when lock isn't lit. This picture cleared it up a lot for me. I think this is a pretty cool design.
[quoted image]

I think the upper PF lock is a halfpipe design similar to the skill shot in WCS. I'd guess the spike in the lock is only there when lock is lit to trap the balls. If lock isn't lit, then the ball can spill through. I believe the part on the right is the transition to the upper PF from the Flail Lane.

Quoted from PersonX99:

That is what I thought too. I'm just trying to find out the perspective on the overwhelming desire for the pre/le over the pro. Is it the desire for a physical ball lock or the nostaglia of BK having an upper pf? Something else?

Please just order the Premium so I can play it at league. Also, come on, BK = Upper PF.

#1982 7 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Do you also miss 8-Tracks, ZX-80 computers, and Black and White TV's that were encapsulated in a huge piece of furniture?

Very easy to get caught up in...

3 weeks later
#3159 6 months ago

Hearing a lot about the Pro looking so "flat" with all the flat plastics and not much else. Too bad Stern made 3 shots feed to the wireform (Flail, Left VUK, Shield VUK). Seeing how there are two other potential SR trilogies with HS and FP, and how FP probably won't see a 3rd release out of that pair (if either), it would've been cool if the left VUK shot on the Pro was instead a FP2-like ramp that flanked the BK's shield and dropped the ball in the scoop or right orbit paying homage to FP2. Perhaps put an inline drop or two guarding the ramp to make it more challenging. That could've added some more visual depth to the PF without going bonkers on BoM cost. See high tech photo below.

Also, with all the Magna-save button poor location talk, I wonder who will be the first to drill out their cab and install the button in the proper place (No proper high tech photo needed).

BK3-FP3b (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3861 4 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

The ball can still drain. The (optional) post helps bump balls that went around the loop fly into the flipper, but you can still fumble that shot and lose the ball. The ball also needs to have some speed on it for the bump to do much. Players were already able to bump the ball into the flippers by nudging the game while the game was rolling on the rubbers in the upper playfield, the post just makes this automatic.

So the new "physical game enhancement" is no different in effect than this piece of metal I once saw on WW?

WW (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside