(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#270 5 years ago

That Chuck Norris ?

Screenshot_20190326-112925_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190326-112925_Chrome (resized).jpg
#758 5 years ago

Meh......11k+AUD for basically a rehash of a ( decent ) older game with a cool centre toy and LCD screen....not for me.

12 drops and a horseshoe on the 1980 version, nearly 40 years ago.

Am I the only one not seeing anything truly great here? This community bashes up any new game that comes out due to lack of innovation, repeat shot designs, brick shots etc and yet here we have a game we have all played many many many times basically being re-released and people are losing their minds over how great it's gunna be.......we are a strange bunch

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Has anyone mentioned the right flipper thing from bk2k yet?

Round and round we go ..........

#989 5 years ago
Quoted from swilson143:

I think I'll be installing a magna save button on the side though!

Oh Lordy Lou......whatever you do don't post that mod on Pinside, a hole drilled into in your cab ......absolute blasphemy around here

#1233 5 years ago

I have said the same thing earlier.
Upper PF offers little here imo.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

and there is no sword in the game

Its on the LCD screen, apparently you charge it to whatever point you like during the game and hold it until you need the power, then use it as required.

Like Zap Jackpots.lol

#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

My apartment came with light switches which I turn on when playing pinball. Kind of like the "after" Pinstadium pics...

Damn I love our Aussie humour

#1408 5 years ago

And theres not 48 mods released yet ???
Slackers.

#1500 5 years ago

I cannot believe that I just read through 2 pages of art nitpicking.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can we all move on now....

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

(I'm not responding to you about your visual acuity abilities, just the comment in general)
Hey man -- Let the artists discuss what they see, and the non-artists can continue to ignore all the nitpicking of the (obvious mistakes sensed by artists)
Just like, I cannot distinguish notes and tones in wine, and I like "most" wines... a wine-guy would go nuts sampling wine with me at a winery, I'd be like -- wow this is all great stuff !!! And he'd be like "Nooo -- the floral tones in the cabernet you just tasted -- just aren't up to par for that vintage, you really should try this one..." PFFT...
Those of us with training and talent in certain areas -- sense and communicate a richer deeper experience of that realm, and thus, are far more critical as our brains can sense flaws and imagine via comparison "how" something could be better...
You are wise to continue to ignore the nitpicking visual artists (who can see more distinctions than non-artists), as the majority of people cannot sense these visual mistakes, as they see "symbolically" just like I taste "symbolically" -- YEP, this is wine! That's about all I can sense and distinguish about wine.
hahaha
-mof

I think you need a wine ....

#1550 5 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Calling any friend of Jack Danger:
Would you please ask him when he's streaming BK3?
And would you then post his reply here?
That would be much appreciated. I just tried to ask him myself during his stream but I was ignored.
Thanks!

And please , critically and foremost....make sure he gives his opinion on the artwork placements.....

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So to sum up today’s thread activity:
People got upset at someone who couldn’t take an April fools joke, which ironically was also just another April fools joke. So they did the very thing they were upset about someone else doing in the first place.

I love the internet

Yes, and of all things all this actually took place............( wait for it )........on.........April Fools day

#1811 5 years ago

I'm going on a hunger strike dammit.

#1820 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone think the clear upper PF is going to be so scratched after a short while so you won't be able to see thru it? I had a WPT that had this issue and with the recent cheapening that Stern does I wouldn't doubt if the plastic isn't has durable as in the past. I ordered a pro but really like the look of the upper PF. I'd like to play one first and upgrade later if possible but that plastic playfield has me concerned.

I think the PRO is going to grow on people and sell very well despite the purist, nostalgic side of the upper models.

I'm a Pinball lifer and have owned original BK and am very happy with the look of this PRO.

It's 2019, it's a new game on an older theme, accept that and not necessary to have hang ups re upper PF. I too think it will scratch up btw but that's not the reason I'm on a Pro here. Upper doesn't offer enough for the Aussie $ price difference.

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Look at the feature sheet LE has:
Upper play field
Mirrored back glass
High end speakers sound system
Invisaglass
Metal flake powder coat paint on all legs and armor, gold bolts
Appears to have lighted speaker rings or colored speaker rings
Inside art blades
Collectors number plate
Signed plate by SR
Shaker motor
Unique art package and back glass
Yes, getting a lot more than just upper playfield on an LE. Add that all up, the value is there. They didn’t use to have this deep extras list on LEs. But since Munsters LE, LE features and quality has really gone up! Impressed now that Stern is giving us LE buyers what we want for extra money spent.

Ok.....so now do a comparison list between Pro and PREMIUM model........and show me what an extra $2650 Aussie dollars give me.

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

A dingo shooter or a years supply of fosters?

Fosters...
..Worst........beer...........ever.....

#1928 5 years ago

It's likeThe Book of Heavy Metal clip

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They have balls dumping on bksor with a new release the same weekend

Typical brash arrogance.

#2203 5 years ago

Will actually be cool to see a pic of someone that buys BKSOR and has it lined up with the past 2 BKs in their collection

#2239 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So do we know exactly how many minutes after the stream starts everyone will start complaining and telling everyone they will be selling their spot in line?

Oh about 3.
Then step in some JJP fanboys.....
Aaaaaaaand on to the next title.
Pinside style

#2351 5 years ago

Pro will sell well.

That clunk shot upper PF adds very very little for the price. Upper right flipper looks like a strugglefest.

That music must alternate, Its non stop loop will be a brain killer after 30 minutes.

Seems decent overall

#2469 5 years ago

Gotta admit, when I saw this in TWIP Deep Dive a few weeks back , due to the insert placement and shape I thought it was a kickback ( this being a "kickback" title too , so it seemed fitting), then in Stream today it's a rock stock current day ball save

Screenshot_20190410-205654_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190410-205654_Chrome.jpg
#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Time for me to head over to the BKSOR club this thread has turned depressing. This is Steves Magna Carta and some of you have the audacity to shit on it. Have some respect.

People are voicing opinions on game aspects, expectations from images Vs today's reality , not shitting on SR. Huge difference

#2579 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm really thinking Stern purposely releases games with crappy code in order to have two or more sales windows with each game. "Gotta have it" people and ops get it right out of the gate. Then when sales die down a bit, they release new code to drive sales interest again.

Latest MUN updates disproves that theory.

Game sold huge sight unseen.
Then when released/ played im sure anticipated extra sales fell right off.
Then they give a code update that added some different flashing to 2 existing lights and made a dead simple code..... easier.....and added, NOTHING.

Doubt any of that drove sales

#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

You got in 60 plays and your only remark is lack of kickback?

He did sink 10 beers ....

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

As for the flaming castle, at some point they mentioned it was an LED array with like 60 LED's (I dont remember the exact number, but it was around that). I would assume its a single PCB with SMD LED's mounted on. Wouldnt be that hard. It looks super cool in person.

Imagine a Back to the Future release where they used clear little holes in the PF in 2 long strips and used the effect as the flaming skid marks of the Delorean, near a Delorean physical toy.

No intention to derail this thread, just saying they should think about how to utilise this great effect in future games too

1 month later
#3463 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So how is the upper PF?

Empty.

2 weeks later
#3589 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You somehow earned a downvote for a balanced and subjective post. That's gotta be more annoying than the upper playfield...

Now corrected for him

#3601 4 years ago

What the heck... never copped this message before.....

Screenshot_20190603-111111_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190603-111111_Chrome.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=wotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.