(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

83 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3,695 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 384 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0616192101 (resized).jpg
0616192102 (resized).jpg
0614192237_HDR (resized).jpg
BA6B0A33-88F6-4576-8CA6-422FE2EC37AE.gif
FB51E1AD-20AB-4141-AFBE-87C15A19C053 (resized).jpeg
20190611_205438 (resized).jpg
20190611_205422 (resized).jpg
20190611_155457 (resized).jpg
20190611_155502 (resized).jpg
20190611_155515 (resized).jpg
20190611_155524 (resized).jpg
20190508_172909 (resized).jpg
20190508_172945 (resized).jpg
20190508_173032 (resized).jpg
20190508_173043 (resized).jpg
20190508_172833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (83 days ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (83 days ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (82 days ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (82 days ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (82 days ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (82 days ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (82 days ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (82 days ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (82 days ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (13 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 83 days ago

I assume that's what the BK will look like on the LCD screen? Looks ok. Let's hope it releases with near finished code. I wonder if the rumor Tix Sexton will lead the code is true? Hoping for the best because I generally don't like split playfields, but good code makes everything fun

#54 83 days ago
Quoted from cletus:

It did have the Stern logo in the credits so it’s most likely official.

I double checked who uploaded it (SternPinball) because I thought it was fake at first. Seemed legit, but very basic. Just about the only thing to glean is it's coming soon, it'll be called Black Knight Sword of Rage, and a basic idea of what the Black Knight will look like. He kinda had a cyber sword looking thing like the Halo video games. Oh and lots of fire because fire is metal AF

#67 83 days ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

He still made a great Star Wars though...

It's a cool game. But is it a great Star Wars game? Meh

#114 83 days ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

When SG bought WMS in 2013, it was a whole owned subsidiary until 2016, when it was completely absorbed into SG. A quick trip over to SG website shows WMS as a label only...and not under Bally, but side by side.
https://www.sggaming.com/

I feel like Stern and PPS exactly know the legal entities that they have to license from and give credit to.

#120 83 days ago

Is that a giant Black Knight bash toy in the middle?

#133 83 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone heard of a possible release date?

People have said it will be at Midwest Gaming Classic which is in April, which is about the same time as Maiden last year and about 3 months since Munsters. Mid April seems like a safe bet.

#143 83 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I doubt it. Can't think of a SR game with a bash toy. More like a cool 3D figure on top of a plastic/standup

So the Star Wars Tie Fighter.

Hey honey, come look at this toy on a spring!

#175 83 days ago
Quoted from BlackKnight3000:

Interesting that the "Sword of Rage" is actually Trademarked by Williams not Stern.
Why would Williams own the Trademark to a new game if it is licensed from a pre-existing game?
Some of you have said the video has already been taken down, so here it is again.
I guess my Avatar name was positively prescient! The only way "BK3000" would be any better is if they mixed BK2000 and Swords of Fury together!

It was probably part of the licensing negotiation that Williams gets to own it as it's based on their IP. I'm sure the contract allows Stern use of "Sword of Rage" in perpetuity with Williams attribution. Maybe Ritchie scribbled down the words "Sword of Rage" while on the clock back in the day.

#594 82 days ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just a curiosity... besides on the artwork, are there (is there) any sword(s) in the game?
Would be a nice tie in to the name.

Perhaps you have to collect "The Sword of Rage" to defeat the Black Knight as the final wizard battle?

#632 82 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If all your lockdown bars have a button in the middle, you only have to order one kind of lockdown bar. Guess they couldn't come up with some other use for that button.

They don't though. Beatles and Iron Maiden last year didn't have them.

Steve Ritchie games have had the button for a while now by choice. Also Stern made a big deal out of how they had to modify their cabinets for extra flipper buttons on Munsters. They choose the lockdown button on purpose.

#692 82 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Theme will be fine. There's an evil Black Knight and you have to stop him.
You don't need to explain knights, castles, swords etc to people. You DO have to explain why cell phones, natural disasters and quadcopters are related though.

It also has "the dummy shot" in the Black Knight.

That said, it's not a theme that someone across the bar will see and say "I gotta check that out" unlike a Ghostbusters, GoT, GotG, etc... But if someone is already checking out the machines, I think this will still attract casual players. And unlike those other games, it'll be a lot more intuitive of what you should be shooting for.

#1089 81 days ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you suppose the retro back in time mode is?

I'm going to guess it plays BK2K music while you shoot loops in the upper playfield.

#1145 81 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey for fellow fans of BK2K music, check this out. I've had Crue Ball for Sega Genesis forever and never realized the music was by Brian Schmidt! It sounds like another BK soundtrack with a few Motley Crue songs peppered in. The System 11b sound synthesizer must have been very similar to the one in the Sega Genesis!

Fairly similar. I believe System 11 used the Yamaha 2151 chip (their first FM synthesis on a single chip) and the Genesis used the more robust Yamaha 2612

1 month later
#3338 41 days ago

Played a pro this weekend. Solid game, but nothing amazing.

The light show was the most impressive aspect. The graphics on the LCD looked great compared to some other adjacent Sterns, but that's more for the spectators. The magnasave felt like whatever. It's hard to use it to actually save something, but it's good for grabbing the ball, especially during multiball, to give you a second to breath. The shots are smooth and didn't feel overly punishing (I was surprised at the post that makes the rejected flail shots not as punishing as it could be). The code was straightforward enough to quickly figure out. It doesn't seem like a deep game, but the challenge offsets that. Hopefully they can add a little more variety to the modes. Seems like all the big points are in getting to Retro mode with a good super scoring feature active.

I'd give it a B-

Good luck to Stern selling 600 LEs

#3372 39 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, there is a talking point!
Making the game more than 7 degrees is cheating.
Interesting as lots of people raise their games thinking they are making them harder, but maybe they are making them easier as side to side action ( side drains ) is reduced

Not only does the steeper slope reduce the side to side movement, it makes it easier to cradle up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bethlehem, PA
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside