(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (7 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (7 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (7 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (7 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (7 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (5 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#456 7 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Looks like a Game of Thrones flipped on it's axis... especially the lower playfield. I heard a rumor that GOT was originally going to be BK3K back in the day. I really like the game of thrones layout. This looks awesome!

I agree on the GoT comparison. Plus, finally some decent art from Richie. This game looks a lot better.

#730 7 months ago

The Coast to Coast episode 250 podcast with Steve Richie covers the topper, starting around 5:45. Richie said that it's going to be the best topper ever, with articulated robotic movement. He said it'll be a Black Knight head that can turn left, right, and up and down in order to laugh and shake its head NO to taunt the player a little bit. It sounds like it'll be something even better than the AFMr topper.

#1190 7 months ago

Hmm, maybe the balls are being made softer so as not to dimple the playfields anymore.

1 week later
#2257 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Premium, not LE

They said LE a few minutes ago in the stream. Edit: Beat me to it.

#2407 7 months ago

That Bernie character on the display is so cool! I like those two skeletons on his shoulder pumping the bellows as he shoots his flamethrower.

#2525 7 months ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

The monsters to me scream D&D and World of Warcraft. I'm not picking up on the horror of scifi vibe that you are getting.

The modes and theme, minus Sandworm, remind me a little of the Lord of the Rings movies and quest to get to that volcano.

#2584 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Like this, The pro isn't missing out big time. I don't like upper pf's never have and most likely never will. I do however love spinners so take away the upper PF and add a spinner? I'm buying a pro.

Definitely! I'm probably going to buy a Pro as well.

1 week later
#2952 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Do you like to drink wine in the bathtub? Do you cut the eyes out of pictures of your ex? Do you like to cut yourself while watching Twilight?
That kind of music.

I agree. I almost went blind watching the last Superbowl halftime performance. Back to Black Knight, I imagine that the amazing mod makers in our community are going to have some cool stuff to fix up that barren Pro model. I'm counting on them.

1 week later
#3110 6 months ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am still on the fence to buy a premium, but STERN is way too quiet about this game. There is still no information about in what direction this game will go. Will we see more modes, more monsters in it or is what it has now, all we will get and they just do a few bugfixes and this is the game? Everything I saw so far from this game is good but I just don't think it has enough content. In my opinion games like Iron Maiden are perfect with the content they have. Shortgoal gameplay and long goals to keep it interesting. If I count the modes and MBs in other STERN games like Iron Maiden or SW and than look what BK has so far. I can't pull the trigger and buy it now. I know that some STERN games took along time until the code was in a good shape but most times they talked in interviews or through insiders about the features that would come. So normaly I was relative early sure about buying a game. Is it just my feeling or is the hype about this game already over before it realy started? With Iron Maiden, Keith was everywhere: tilforum, streams, podcasts, interviews.....talking about the features what we will see in future updates and I knew excactly what game I will get when I ordered it. What is the direction they are trying to go with this game, will it be shallow but addictive like in the 80' just with LCD and LEDs. Or will it also have modern rules and enough content like other games now have?

I’m hoping this is another Iron Man type of game. Not particularly deep, but fast and furious for those quick games and wanting to hit the start button over and over.

#3152 6 months ago

Given the opportunities for mods, I'm surprised that I haven't read about some ideas so far. Surely, the modsters have been in their secret lairs for weeks now.

#3217 6 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We have flipper toppers in the pipeline already cast metal ornamental finishes that we are known for.
Pops we have two designs unsure which to go with.
What do you think? Maybe a nod to the old school or dress up the treasure room under world?
Army of the dead now that would be a great space filler if done right.
Our Pro showed up early and the Le should be here early June.
Super fast pro just needs window dressing to complement game play.
Wonder how many pros have sold?

I'm still waiting for my Pro to arrive, so I figure there must have been a lot of people with orders in front of mine. I keep reading about how naked the upper playfield is on the Pro, so maybe there's room for something up there, maybe a medieval structure or something, providing that it doesn't block view of the ball movement too much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside