(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strummy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2588 4 years ago

So many opinions. Its what makes this fun. Premium for me. I like the extra gadgets and "stuff" This game looks great no matter what version you buy.

1 week later
#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I like Iron Maiden as a pinball game but I HATE the theme so I’m not going to give it a 10 because I don’t like the theme... what part of that is hard for you to understand. Iron Maiden is NOT that popular band in the USA, they’re super popular in Europe, I don’t think they have ever had a hit top 40 song in the USA. Iron Maiden has a cult following much like Kiss doesn’t mean they’re everyone’s cup of tea. Iron Maiden is not Queen, Beatles, or anything in that league.
So I’m NOT a fan of the theme its not getting a 10 from me. I loved AC/DC and I love their music the game is fun, the LE looks amazing it gets a great rating from me. I’m not sure why you don’t understand everyone can have a difference of opinion.
I had an Iron Maiden and btw I own a pincade ... do you know which game got the LEAST amount of money? You guessed it IRON MAIDEN!
So I sold it. Terminator 2 made 4 times more money than a brand new Iron Maiden.
You know which games make the most games like Ghostbusters, Deadpool, Metallica but not Iron Maiden and I’m betting not Black Knight.
So let me be super clear, Black Knight PRO is okay, but the LE/Preimum just doesn’t warrant paying more than a PRO.
TONIGHT I looked at a Black Knight sitting right next to a LOTR... you have to ask yourself what happened? One game looks like its loaded to the gills with stuff, ramps, toys, and then you look over at BK and you ask yourself where’s the beef?
I’m mainly only saying Black Knight is a game you buy but ONLY the pro because anything more you’re getting ripped off.
Look at Munsters LE with that really cool looking lower play field, you look at it and say oh yeah that is why i’m Paying more. What do you get for paying an extra 4K for an LE? Basically NOTHING!

10449002_2 (resized).jpg10449002_2 (resized).jpg
#2940 4 years ago

Hahahahaha!

I really have never heard of Maroon 5. What kind of music do they play? I'm 51 years old and I still go to Slayer concerts.

One serious question. Is the word theme when referring to a pinball machine supposed to be in all capitals now?

Also, I am really looking forward to a black knight premium. This game will be nostalgic for me. I would really like to know what people are thinking

#2947 4 years ago

@drfrightner...........I googled Maroon 5. I find it offensive that you took it upon yourself to make a blanket statement that all the members of this forum agree that Maroon 5 are good. Speaking for myself only, as I have no right to speak for anyone else here, I think they suck. And I generally like any music except for country.

#2953 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just shredded the pro at Sunshine Laundromat... it shoots like a champion. Not the brick monster people claim it to be, it’s way easier than say AC/DC for example.
It’s defintely a bit shockingly baron when you first step up, but the code and music and art and layout make you forget about that pretty quickly. The orbits F’ing rule and the Knight toy is pretty dang cool.
Ramp is super satisfying to hit, this is a lower playfield leaning game for sure and much like GOT I think a lot of people are gonna dig the pro version. Another hit in the books for Stern, I’ll take fun over toys any day of the week.

So psyched to hear these reviews! Can't wait for mine.

#2958 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG... you know there are like a million different kinds of charts but the only one that matters is sales. The highest sales charting song of Kiss all time is Beth, which reached #6, it was also the ONLY top 10 hit they ever had. Furthermore they have no #1 hits, and oddly enough their biggest selling album was the album that featured Beth, and they kicked him out of the band.
Most of their albums sold between 500,000 units to 1 million units. They have no #1 hit, however they do have an anthem song unlike Iron Maiden (Rock N Roll All Night) which is their most well known song, only hit like 45 in the charts.
Iron Maiden never had a #1 or even a top 10 hit, and maybe one of those songs reached like 37 or something.
Neither band is known for their music as much as their stage shows. There are without a doubt the two single most successful bands who never really had any authentic hit songs.
Nothing changes the fact that both of these bands COMBINED have less views on their music than ONE Metallica song. How is it if they're so popular does Metallica or ACDC have more views on ONE song than two bands between them made over 50 albums have combined? OVER 50 ALBUMS between them and between all those songs combined they cant match one song from Nirvana. Again they're really popular like the Grateful Dead with their fans but they don't have fans outside that window.
Kiss is bigger in the US and Iron Maiden is bigger in Europe.
There is one Skynyrd song "simple man' that someone uploaded that has almost as many views as all the Kiss songs combined. Why because Skynyrd is one of the most talented musical groups ever assembled.
Kiss and Iron Maiden have pinball games because that's what they do that is how they make money, licensing their brand to almost anything. While real bands like LZ, Doors, Nirvana or Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, sell music.
There is a difference but you know none of this has anything to do with Sterns new game. Start a music theme and we'll debate all day long would be fun!

Dude! You said that's all I'm sayin a while back. Can you please stop? if you are married I feel bad for your wife. And what's with the unnecessary capitalization? That's just odd man.

1 week later
#3151 4 years ago

I'm really psyched to see a 3rd Black Knight for the nostalgia factor. I'm not sure how it compares to The Munsters. Munsters is licensed and Black Knight is not. I can still recall walking into an arcade and hearing the original Black Knight as a 12 year old. I really can't wait for this one.

3 months later
#3970 4 years ago

I was supposed to get a Premium as soon as it came out but personal reasons stopped that. I haven't been following this thread either. So whats the general consensus on this game, especially the premium, now that its out? I still really want one and should be able to get one soon. Thanks in advance for feedback.

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Strummy!!! I was trashing the game when it came out because I was so disappointed in the upper playfield and the execution of the pro, but after playing the premium at Pintastic with the King himself.......I was sold. This pin has a personality like no other, it is full out in your face fun. I tried the pro, but thought it was an empty disaster. I will be buying a Premium down the road. All this being said.......Deadpool is still a better game in my opinion and lastly.......I AM NEVER SELLING MY BK2000!!

Are you saying that I won't get back the only game I ever regret selling? Hahahaaha

Thanks for the feedback Nick. I'm big on themes and Deadpool doesn't do it for me. The nostalgia factor of Black Knight is huge for me and if you say it kicks ass, all the better. I'm back on the can't wait to get one ship.

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Your wife doesn’t want you buying another game!

Wish it was the simple.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strummy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=strummy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.