(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (7 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (7 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (7 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (7 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (7 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (5 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1960 7 months ago

Does anyone have this game yet? I read about 40 comments and still have no indication if its shipping. I might get an LE if people are happy with it after receiving it. It does look pretty awesome.

#1964 7 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's not even any gameplay videos yet... but April 9 is that reveal. . Then it will be at the midwest show for people to play. The pro sld be shipping after that then the le about a month after that.

Thank you!

#1965 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Still a couple of weeks out - word is there will be a good number available for play at MGC weekend of April 12. Meanwhile DeadFlip will be doing a live stream April 9 so you can see how it shoots.

Awesome. Thanks guys.

#1974 7 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

That’s not how buying an LE NIB works..

I meant premium....oops.

#2221 7 months ago

I ordered a premium the other day and I am going to try to avoid watching the dedflip stream so I can draw my own conclusions.

#2618 7 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't believe that people actually listen to that guy's podcast. It's embarrassing.

Didnt he get booted out of here for being a total dbag? A few years ago when I was active in here I used to tool on that pudwhack

#2623 7 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I am thinking "Ive got a golden ticket" and "Umpa Lumpa Dupity De" music is really gonna kill the crappy metal of Black Night!

Fuggin yay. Thanks for your "insight"

#2625 7 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Man there are so many friggin Losers in this site. Used to not be that way.

No question. I was a regular here a few years ago. Now for every useful comment you get you have to endure 10x the diatribe from The Pinside Guild of Whiny Little Bitches.

#2759 7 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

At Marco both and glass is off. I can confirm: it's a real feather. .
BK mech feels high quality. Upper playfield looks better than on stream. Totally different perspective than overhead. Can't wait to play it in a few hours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks fror posting these. I ordered a premium. hopefully it wont be too long. any ideas on eta?

#2761 7 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

irony !! Bitching about people bitchin, which is opinions ,which could be mistaken for bitchin ,but is only opinion !
Quoted from Tranquilize:
You know what REALLY gets old? People bitching about people loving/criticizing/hating the game. Let people have their opinion. Disagree with them and debate with them if you like, but stop bitching about people debating. What else is this forum for? If you want a circle-jerk, label the thread "Circle Jerk about Stern's newest game!" and 90% of us will keep away.

level-3 people bitching about people bitching about people bitching is probably the laziest position in all of social media. think about it....

#2762 7 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This comment kinda makes you seem like a...whiny little bitch.
Just sayin'.

I'll state it again. third-level whining about someone making a point about the incessant bitching on social media is just plain lazy. Try harder....and buckle up your chinstrap if you want to get in the ring with me bud.

#2764 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I like that. Hopefully we never have to face each other that would be a match, but you would lose.

i wasnt talking to the humugous!

#2769 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I wish they would incorporate bk2000 original music score into the classic mode...maybe there could be two modes one with Bk 1 sounds, one with bk2000 soundtrack and sounds.

i thught i heard some of that in the twitch stream when they were playing the higher end one.

#2989 7 months ago
Quoted from Tgr81dk:

Pinball people should stick to pinball. Oh by the way Kiss has a second top 10 hit in 1990 peaking at #8 I believe on the Billboard 100 that song Forever. Also Kiss has the most gold albums of any American band with 26 which includes the 4 solo albums released under the Kiss umbrella. Gold is an indication of sales level of course. Aerosmith is second on the list with 25. For most Kiss fans music is the connection with the band and they proved that during the non makeup years when the stage show was on par with most of the bands of the era.

Kiss....music for pinheads. I used to say that 40 years ago and it had nothing to do with pinball.

#2990 7 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

drfrightner...........I googled Maroon 5. I find it offensive that you took it upon yourself to make a blanket statement that all the members of this forum agree that Maroon 5 are good. Speaking for myself only, as I have no right to speak for anyone else here, I think they suck. And I generally like any music except for country.

maroon 5 fuggin blows

#2992 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Love the IMDN pinball machine, except the music. We don't care for Iron Maiden music at all, and it's the one thing that prevents us from buying one. Someday, I might buy one and change the soundtrack on it myself, ala cleland type mod, because the playfield and gameplay is that fun, it would be worth the time to do.

i don't know man. I cant stand metallica and swore i wouldn't buy one for that reason. I was wrong. game kicks so much ass I am ok with the music.

#2993 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Love the IMDN pinball machine, except the music. We don't care for Iron Maiden music at all, and it's the one thing that prevents us from buying one. Someday, I might buy one and change the soundtrack on it myself, ala cleland type mod, because the playfield and gameplay is that fun, it would be worth the time to do.

i don't know man. I cant stand metallica and swore i wouldn't buy one for that reason. I was wrong. game kicks so much ass I am ok with the music.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I have to say some people can’t respect other people’s opinion. I have nothing against those who think Iron Maiden is the greatest band who ever lived. I have nothing against those who pleaded make Iron Maiden game, or those who want a Judist Priest pinball either. Good for you that someone made Iron Maiden who didn’t deserve it based on success on the charts. Kiss is another band who created a massive fan base without actually having music that the mass majority of music lovers embraced. Good for them.
Kiss, Iron Maiden are two of the most unsuccessful charting bands in history that made the most money. I guess at the end of the day what matters is the bank account, so that makes them successful.
We can’t ever put Iron Maiden in the same league as Queen, Led Zepplin, Beatles, or even bands without pinball games like Def Leppard or even Poison for that matter who had #1 hits. I would bet anyone on this site $1000 if we polled 100 random people at a mall, mabye 2 in 100 could name even one Iron Maiden song.
If I polled the same people can you name 1 MJ song it would go to 90 out of 100. Musically Iron Maiden has their fans who love them live by them just like the fans of Grateful Dead, but like Iron Maiden Gratefull Dead the mass majority of music fans don’t know their songs.
These are facts not opinions. So I’m very very sorry that I’m very knowledgeable about music and am not a fan of Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden fans love Iron Maiden, and everyone else never heard of them. Even people who don’t like Bruce Springsteen still knows 5 or 6 of his songs... when people know your LOGO but don’t know your songs you’re not legendary music band. LOL
All that matters is Iron Maiden is a good pinball game, I had the game set up on a location and no one put quarters into it because of the THEME!!! ALmost everyone I talked to never heard of Iron Maiden. On the other hand AC/DC, Metallica same genre right ... loaded with quarters.
I sold the game for two reasons... 1) It didn’t make money. 2). I personally don’t like Iron Maiden.
Great pinball game YES, wish you could swap it out for music from say Nirvana.
I will NEVER SELL my AC/DC or Metallica.
Here is the point I rate games my way and the theme, and theming of the game have a lot to do with it. That is my opinion. Respect that.
I respect and fully understand many here love Iron Maiden its fine! Good for you!
But opinions and facts are two different things, facts Iron Maiden has a lot of fans and I’m not one of them. Fact most people in the US do not know Iron Maiden’s music hence the pinball game didn’t make money.
THEME IS IMPORTANT on location but has nothing to do with what you collect inside YOUR HOUSE. Figure out the difference YOUR HOUSE vS LOCATION!
Ghostbusters HUGE money maker, Iron Maiden is NOT!
Black Knight will not do good on location because of the THEME!
That is the point.
Lastly I’m saying the LE is not worth the money because the upper play field is an epic flop. My opinion!

Is your middle name kineda by any chance? take a vacation man....

#2994 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man sometimes, actually most of the time I wish this site was split into the 4 represented categories. Dealer. Operator. Collector and Player because it would save so much bullshit wasted time. As a player I don't give a crap regarding how anything is manufactured or sold, I don't give a crap regarding BOM or build quality all that shit, I don't give 2 shits about longevivty or side art etc. etc. and I don't mind taking a loss when I sell it, worth every penny. just give me the game so I can play till I'm bored and decide to move on. Imagine how many posts would become irrelevant in that case.

don't forget the 5th category for obnoxious dbags. that should clear it out pretty quick lol...

#2995 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man sometimes, actually most of the time I wish this site was split into the 4 represented categories. Dealer. Operator. Collector and Player because it would save so much bullshit wasted time. As a player I don't give a crap regarding how anything is manufactured or sold, I don't give a crap regarding BOM or build quality all that shit, I don't give 2 shits about longevivty or side art etc. etc. and I don't mind taking a loss when I sell it, worth every penny. just give me the game so I can play till I'm bored and decide to move on. Imagine how many posts would become irrelevant in that case.

don't forget the 5th category for obnoxious dbags. that should clear it out pretty quick lol...

Quoted from drfrightner:

Review:
Black Knight is a serious let down of a game. Let me start with the LE/Premium anyone who overpays for this game and buys one of these is making a serious mistake. The upper playfield is the worst upper playfield I've ever seen EVER! There is no point to it... they could have done a castle look, maybe added like the mechs from Scared Stiff (Frogs) when you hit something like a monster pops up, something anything to shoot at. They could have taken torches and a castle look up there with some monsters, but nope. You just get to shoot at a very odd and very weird looking ball lock mech. This blows the theme of the game totally, and otherwise is just boring and out of place.
Paying even 50 cents more for a premium/le is a serious mistake. Secondly, I don't see this game earning on location, it will be another TNA, a game that just sits there making no money. People can complain about games like Ghostbusters but that game makes seriously money, but the mass majority of pinball players play casual and gravitate to a theme they know like Ghostbusters, ACDC, or even Dialed In because the game looks super neat.
Black Knight doesn't measure up.
The game itself is NOT as fun as the versions that came before it... yes the sound is better, graphics, and all that but strip all that away and it boils down to is the game better and the answer is NO!
While at the show many of the premiums where getting fixed and fixed a lot ... one person told me hey these are prototypes and they might need to make adjustments to the upper playfield.
Another knock on the game is the music sounds cool for about 30 seconds, but it never stops same thing over and over again. Maybe some code updates will add more songs or something. Who knows.
Now moving onto the only version you should consider... the PRO!
This game is very much like Houdini which lots of people complained about... you miss a shot its coming right back at you!
There is only one rail and no real ramps, there just isn't a whole lot going on in this game, and honestly I think you would get bored of it fast.
With all that being said the toy in the middle is cool, the music is hard thumping, the video graphics are cool very similar to Iron Maiden (must be the same person). Its not far off from say Aerosmith, you just get bored of it after a while but what makes the game better is you actually might like Aerosmith.
This game rests solely on the game itself because there is no ACDC music to fall back on.
As a game and nothing more, and projecting the long term value of it, I'd give this game a 6.8. I do think you'll see this game in heavy rotation at tournaments, but much like TNA, you'll play it for a little while then want to move it out soon after.
This is not Stern's best game for sure! I know a lot of people may disagree with me, but I think I'm right in 6 months you'll see everyone who buys it trying to sell the game for something different, while people who say POTC still won't be selling their game.
There just isn't a lot to fall in love with here, this game is cool on some levels, but its just not a long term keeper, and will never be considered a CLASSIC which is what it was trying to replace I would guess.
There is only one take away, before you get all bent out of shape at my point on review. Every time a new game comes out, its super cool right because its just that brand new. I think one main thing all pinball games share is you can get bored of a game after a while right? That is why so many games are bought, sold and traded. You want something new, something fresh, and that game is fresh for how long before you go uhhh not playing that one anymore time to trade it out.
This Black Knight game will be one of the games you grow old of faster than almost any other game you've ever bought. This game will get so old so fast, but thinking way way ahead, meaning after Jurassic World, after Elvira 3, after Guns N Roses, after Cactus Canyon. Right... that's when everyone starts to re-focus on the NEW game and what is new after that.
The first game you'll look to dump is Black Knight, so if everyone is dumping their black knight what will the resale value be?
Buy it today for 5700 and a year from now they're selling in the 4's for SURE!
LE you'll never move that thing EVER ... you paid 9500 which honestly will be giving donating your money, you'll be dropping down into the 6500 range to get rid of it. That is my prediction, so for me I'd stick with the PRO, which is the only game you'll see in tournaments I would imagine.
Even though I'm confused by the theme of Ocktoberfest, that game was way way way more fun to play. If I was going to choose between Black Knight and Octoberfest it would be Octoberfest all day long.
Again just my opinion.

do you print out your posts and go read them back to yourself in the mirror?

town-crier-meme-royal-baby-birth (resized).jpg
#3014 7 months ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I would guess DrFrightner but there isnt random capitalized stuff all through out it.

kanedafrightner?

#3015 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are people seriously this dumb today that if a game only has a “flipper return” to one inlane they consider it a “one flipper game?”
The answer is yes and it’s depressing.

you are building my confidence in this game to the point where I kept my order for a premium. thank you.

#3016 7 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

garbage you say? now, there's a band worth talking about. hot chick singer and 3 reputable and talented producers make up the rest of the band
[quoted image]

that...is not hot. yuck. like the band though!

#3040 7 months ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

From what I played at MGC, they both felt very different. Having or not having the upper playfield was big. Some people don't care and some people are going to convince themselves they dont care so they dont have to spend extra money. The base game is still really awesome, it just didnt feel like you had as much to do (even if it was only 2 more shots really from the upper playfield, the loop and the ball lock). The upper playfield added variety. The GF and I agreed that I needed to buy the premium over the pro. It just felt right.
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. The pro is still a great game, which should get even better with more updates. Some will probably say the pro has a better flow because the ramp shot comes right back to the flipper, instead of dropping it on the upper playfield, going for those shots, then going back to the right flipper. The upper playfield kind of gives you a break.
Just depends on what kind of action you like. Both are great for different reasons.

I havent played either but this seems like a great interpretation. I like very fast games. if you think about it...all black knight games were fast in there eras. BK2 was just fast out of the box. I restored my BK and clearcoated the pf. lots of fast. this game looks faster than both as well as faster than anything stern I own.

1 month later
#3682 5 months ago

Just got my premium from the disty here in Rochester yesterday. It was built on tuesday 6/11. My only other NIB game was ST premium. I like BKSOR but the difference in quality is a bit disapppointing. Also I noticed the balls are shit. They almost look used. Put some tumbled ones in and waxed the almost-sticky playfield. Just ordered some mirror blades and will doll it up a bit more. Any good 3D mods yet?

0614192237_HDR (resized).jpg
#3683 5 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone receive their Premium Black Knight

i did

#3686 5 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Where are the trolls that pop out of play field?

I don't get it.

#3694 5 months ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Just got my premium from the disty here in Rochester yesterday. It was built on tuesday 6/11. My only other NIB game was ST premium. I like BKSOR but the difference in quality is a bit disapppointing. Also I noticed the balls are shit. They almost look used. Put some tumbled ones in and waxed the almost-sticky playfield. Just ordered some mirror blades and will doll it up a bit more. Any good 3D mods yet?[quoted image]

Added some mirror blades, lighted buttons and red shooter rod

0616192101 (resized).jpg0616192102 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chicago, IL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside