(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,956 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 418 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg
dune_movie_poster_cast_artwork (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (3 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (3 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (3 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (3 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (3 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (3 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (3 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (3 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (3 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (46 days ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (28 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newtoit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1286 3 months ago

It looks like all the avenues to the top playfield can be blocked preventing the ball from getting up there.
Far left can be blocked by the drop target. Center metal ramp looks like it has a flap that opens directing the ball towards the pops.

What other ways is the top pf accessible?

#1555 3 months ago

Im looking all over the wpt image and cant figure out where the gynelogical hand is..

#1673 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:If lock isn't lit, it looks like that chute is diverted to the exit to the right which acts kinda like a mini orbit.

I dont think so. The lane to the right leads from the lower metal ramp.

#1823 3 months ago

I liked when he told everyone "get fucked" at the end of the stream.

#1900 3 months ago

Are LE's sold out?

#1919 3 months ago

Im already in for an LE. I imagine their close to sold out because this is the greatest game ever released. K know that from just rhe pictures.

#1934 3 months ago

This hasnt been posted.

IMG_7915.(1) (resized).jpg
#1956 3 months ago

This is my first NIB. I couldnt pass up the chance to own one. Steve Ritchie is like the badass version of Stan Lee.

#2006 3 months ago

Are we 100% the lightning ramp doesnt lif up? It looks possible halfway up the ramp... where the lightning bolts stop.

#2035 3 months ago

Aside from the spot you pointed out. I noticed these 3
posts have nylon nuts but nothing under them.

20190405_180201 (resized).jpg
#2054 3 months ago

How can you compare a BKSOR to a Willy Wonka?

Thatd be like comparing a sports car to an RV.

#2056 3 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I don‘t understand this comparison. Are we saying sports cars are worthless because you can‘t transport a pin with one? Which pin is suppossed to be a sports car? And isn‘t this one of these forbidden carguments???

I think the comparison gets lost in translation.

#2091 3 months ago

This thread should be called "Black Knight wordS of Rage"

#2125 3 months ago

2 more days!

#2129 3 months ago

Ive got a hard on for steve ritchie so the choice was easy.

One day id like to have a woz and willy when my kids are old enough to play

#2142 3 months ago

But stern is bringing back the Black Knight so I am forever indebted to them.

#2156 3 months ago

What are the chances Stern utilizes that new co-op system, internet capable BKSOR? They were talking about something werent they? Well what better time to release it.

#2167 3 months ago

1 more day!

#2170 3 months ago

Who is going to do co op online pinball first is my question. I want to play against you guys head to head over the internet

#2202 3 months ago

Sent the check out today for my LE.
I contemplated waiting to see the live stream before I sent the check, in the very off chance that I didnt like BKSOR. But at the end of the day this purchase isnt about whether or not it is a good game. Its about thanking Stern and Steve Ritchie for bringing the Black Knight back to life.
Ive owned 3 BK2K, and 2 BK in my 6 years in the hobby. Ive done a playfield swap and added gold armor to a BK, check my post "gold black knight," a complete restore. Ive stripped BK2Ks down to the wood and polished them by hand. I love the theme above all... and now Stern and Steve are deepening the story line of the Black Knight. 30 after BK2K... and almost 40 years after the original. Take a step back and appreciate how amazing and almost surreal that is. Take my damn money! I am beyond grateful that this is happening what a great time to be in the hobby.

20190408_212111 (resized).jpg
#2211 3 months ago

I wasnt addressing you with that comment. BKSOR is undeniably badass looking. Ill take the risk/gamble on it. And ill watch the stream tonight to gauge if i made a good bet. I couldnt risk the chance of not getting an LE.

#2229 3 months ago

I left the check blank.

#2243 3 months ago

Unfortunately i cant watch it live ill catch it in a little. Better grab that LE cause after this stream these things are going to be flying off the shelves.

#2369 3 months ago

This machine is amazing. Everything i could have hoped for.

#2415 3 months ago

How bad ass is Steve Ritchie?

#2468 3 months ago

Time for me to head over to the BKSOR club this thread has turned depressing. This is Steves Magna Carta and some of you have the audacity to shit on it. Have some respect.

#2489 3 months ago

Last week : What no upper playfield on the pro....
Today: id rather have the pro anyway

Hypocrites.

#2540 3 months ago

Best game ever created. Total package.

#2668 3 months ago

Iron Maiden has virtual kickbacks. But theyre called revive. Iron Maiden is also heavy on the super shots (spinner, ramps, pops, etc)
Stop calling it constructive criticism when youre just nit picking every little thing.
Im looking forward to all the feedback from average players this weekend.

#2692 3 months ago

How about when Deadflip switched the audio to direct feed. And the music came in with the new rendition of "you got the power, you got the might" it sounds so damn cool. The machine is a hype beast, not for a single pin collection but its going to go perfectly in between BK2K and Iton Maiden.

#2744 3 months ago

As much as I say to myself I dont care what pinside says about BKSOR... i am happy to see people coming to their senses about how great BK is

#2942 3 months ago

LE paid for. Im rock hard for all things Black Knight

#3003 3 months ago

Too many people basing their opinion on what other peoples opinions are.

#3075 89 days ago

Any one know about when the topper will be released?

#3114 86 days ago

Everyone will soon realize that this is going to be the absolute best game Stern ever put out

#3120 86 days ago

Anyone want to share how much they paid for and LE or Premium with tax and shipping?

#3134 85 days ago

How do you determune the pitch? How are you measuring it what is 6.5?

#3285 80 days ago

Being on the lockdown bar it means more when it successfully magna saves.

#3310 78 days ago

When do these LE's get on the production line? Any idea on ship dates?

#3327 75 days ago

Played a pro yesterday. Ive been a big advocate for the game since it launched. It is fast and fun. Definitely keeps you coming back for more. Animations are the best original animations ive seen, levels above iron maiden. Music will make feel like youre on cocaine.
Its hard to tell in pictures but it is very flat (pro model) the center ramp doesnt elevate much at all, which is not an issue but it caught me off guard. Also didnt know the BK had a cape on, the center figure is amazing looking and a blast to interact with. Only issue I see is airballs. The slings will cause airballs and the small circle rubbers in between the orbit lanes cause airballs. May have been the machine I was playing but probably a common issue.
I am more excited now than ever to get my LE. Bad ass game.

#3367 73 days ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Am I the only one who finds the intro music absolutely excruitiating, makes me shoot the ball as fast as possible so I don't have to listen to it!! Rest of the music in the game is OK, but that has to be the worst !!

Stick with the EM's theyre more your pace.

#3380 72 days ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Because I have a large EM collection, I shouldn't have an opinion on the music in a modern game, WTF
If you notice I own both of the Williams Black Knights, the intro sound on the Stern sucks by comparison!

Precisely. Your opinion is irrelevant. The intro on the 2019 sucks compared to the BK from 1980 wtf are you talking about.

#3386 72 days ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Friday arrival of ye olde LE!

What?!?!? I need to contact my distributor. Let us knkw what # you got.

#3395 70 days ago

Does you distributor tell you an exact date or just eta?

#3402 70 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Does anyone know what the extra item is for LE owners

What do you mean by this? Where did you hear it from?

#3421 68 days ago

I take everything steve says to heart. How dare you not take his word. Steve Ritchie is the Steve jobs of pinball.

#3460 64 days ago

I want my LE. Please post your LE # when you receive it.

#3467 63 days ago

Also is the upper lock only a lock or does it open up to be used as a shot/ramp the lets the ball go thru it without it locking...

1 week later
#3501 56 days ago

Cant wait for my LE

#3505 56 days ago

I want #69 it just seems appropriate for a Steve Ritchie classic

1 week later
#3605 46 days ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I think the premiums are about ready to start shipping. Got my final payment notification today.

I got LE # 453 it was made on May 22. So i imagine they finished making the LE last week. On to the premiums this week. Should start shipping any day.

#3628 42 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my shaker motor is too strong, it rumbles the whole machine, feels like its going to fall apart. Any suggestions? Im surpised there isnt much shaker use during the game.

You can rotate one of the weighys on the shaker 90 degrees. I did it. Much better.

#3643 41 days ago

Ive never had a ball get stuck anywhere. Youre doing somethung wrong

#3654 40 days ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I've gotten a few stuck balls on my pro. One under the right sling but I think that was my fault. I do notice the war lane but a gentle nudge and it pops right out. I have noticed several times the ball does get stuck behind the sheild. Not sure what causes it as the next time I shoot over there no more issues. The balls search seems to clear it after a few attempts.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nope no airballs here. Must be doing something wrong

#3665 38 days ago

Is it paint or powdercoat? Coin doors too? Pics please and prices.

#3688 33 days ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

It was built on tuesday 6/11. My only other NIB game was ST premium. I like BKSOR but the difference in quality is a bit disapppointing.[quoted image]

Better build than my deadpool and iron maiden. The bottom base piece is layered 3/4 inch on BK unlike the others using mdf.

#3703 32 days ago

If the lightning bolt in front of the BK is lit (ie. In a mode) the shaker vibrates when you hit the shot.
But it also vibrates for every shot with a lightning bolt lit in modes.

#3726 29 days ago

New code update this weekend?

#3738 28 days ago

I bet they add some sort of lamp mateix for the upper pf. Somethjng to tell you when to hit the light lock target. Ideally add a spinner or something but I imagine itll be like the funhouse mirror telling you what features are lit (ie light lock)

#3743 28 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Bet they add a rubber like i said weeks ago

I dont think they would make a big deal about adding a rubber. Thatd probably be done via tech service bulletin. Im probably right, they are going to add a lamp or lamp matrix display to tell you when you need to hit the light lock target and other available shots.

#3751 28 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

As soon as I heard this was coming out I was super excited, had my name down for an LE and was offered one by our local distributor. I own both the original BK and BK2K.
However, after seeing the Dead Flip stream, I was really disappointed. The theme had been altered from the originals in my view, the Dark Knight had become some sort of futuristic horse riding warrior and you had to battle sandworms!?? Did anyone else feel this way?
I cancelled my order and haven't looked back until I saw the code update announcement this morning. Not trying to start a fight, just generally curious if others were so put off by the change.

Youre not a true BK fan if you cancelled your order. I wss in on this game when I heard a faint whisper that it might be released.

#3757 28 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Are you the official BKSOR gatekeeper?

Thats a badge Id wear proudly. Its a game that should have never happened but miraculously it did. And its an incredible game that will be the best game ever created once Tim Sexton shows off this new code.

After Monday the stock in BK is going up get it while you can.

#3758 28 days ago

I hope someone will post the following onto the BKSOR thread. Thanks.

Hey Guys, I have some fixes for a couple problems you guys have mentioned on Pinside:

For JeffsPinballPalace:

Your Minion/Monster modes are set on difficult, and that's why you are frustrated! Go to game features adjustments. Adjustment #'s 21, 22, 23. 24, and 25 adjust the Worm, Hydra, Hell Hand, Magma Beast, and Lich Lords. Set them to Easy or Medium. I am not a good player and just completed 4 of them on Medium. There are not 3 levels to the modes. The modes are simple to achieve when set to factory Medium. Now we can calm down and enjoy some pinball!

To Anaraf, and anyone else who is having trouble shooting up the Flail lane to the upper playfield:

Power off. Take the glass off the playfield. Get a ball out of the trough. Level the Flail horizontally with your hand and rub the ball along both side walls and the floor *simultaneously* in the flail lane up and down from top to bottom. If you feel a click on the ball passing over one or more of the screws securing the flail lane floor, grab a #2 Phillips screwdriver and tighten them until you don't feel the click anymore. Screws sticking up too high will make it difficult to get the ball up to the upper playfield. The ball will slam into stuff on the the bottom of the upper playfield.

You could be having other problems with the flail lane, since you removed the upper playfield, which is no crime, but perhaps it didn't get fastened down correctly. Get a flashlight and see if you can see any obstruction in the ball's path up to the 180 degree scoop. You may have to take the playfield off again to see if wires or anything else are hanging down in the ball's path. Good luck!

Someone wrote that the Upper Playfield Cables running through the back panel don't all fit in the holes. Not true. If it were true, how did we ever build games and connect the connectors? The biggest connector goes in first, then the smaller cables on the left side. Form the wires coming out of the big connector to lay down parallel with the long edge of the connector a bit before you try this.

BKSOR definitely has flipper and other coil power adjustments! I suggest you use them before you alter your games.

Whip out your manuals and find all the adjustments you can make. There are more in BKSOR than ever before. Our engineers, Mark Guidarelli, Chuck Bleich, Tim Sexton and others have worked their butts off to advance our software and hardware. Put it to good use. Make your game fun for you, eliminate cranky posts, and enjoy your games as you like them.

Most of our games now have interlock switches on the coin door. When you open the door power is disconnected from the playfield. The interlock switch can be defeated for service by pulling it out (towards the coin door) a click. Voila! You can now enter diagnostics and make adjustments. Be careful.

Please read your manuals!

Steve Ritchie

#3774 28 days ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I feel like the just used poor wording I doubt they are adding something physical.

What part of "physical enhancement that will extend upper playfield experience" doesnt sound like something actually physical.

I imagine itll be a lamp matrix feature like the funhouse mirror telling you which shot is ready to collect.

#3787 27 days ago

Thatd be awesome to not know there was a retro mode and find it for yourself

Quoted from Lermods:

Just played a mode that had all the sounds from the original game, very cool. No idea what it was or how I got to it.
Also, interlock does not reset the game when coindoor is open, so all good with the interlock.

#3789 26 days ago

One more day to the new code!!!

#3796 26 days ago

Steve Ritchie calling out the hater.

Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3799 25 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

To Mr. Ritchie thank you sir for making a fantastic pin. Don't let Stern influence ur call outs, lets keep the game as joke free as possible.

What do you mean by joke free I personally love the funny call outs

#3816 25 days ago

I feel a little duped. When you say "playfield enhancement" i imagined something new and interactive. But instead we got a TSB disguised as a feature.
I thought some of the fundamental gameplay issues would be addressed.

1. More confirmation when modes are completed. 
2.Clearification of progress to defeating modes. 
3.More to do with the power features, like Iron Maiden. 
4.Incorporate lower orbit gates open more. 
5.Upper lock when not locking balls, leave open so as to act like a scoop shot back to the upper flipper and incorporate that into the game. 
6. Combos & combo champ 
7. More to do with power sword.
8. Adjust SR vocals, some garbled too bass heavy
9. Adjust vocals in main theme song. Vocals are too low compared to instruments.

#3825 25 days ago

Is super catapult multiball only available thru last chance?... i hope not, that would be ridiculous

#3888 22 days ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Wish Stern made access under the upper playfield easier. Just unboxed a premium for my new location. After a few test plays a found the ball binding between the rubbers in "R" lane in "WAR". The rubber was below the notch in the post where it should be.
Wasn't about to pull the whole upper playfield just to adjust a rubber. Managed to use a skinny long screw driver to lift it into place but holy shit was that an ordeal with my big hands.

The hardest part is feeding one of the harnesses thru the backboard while holding the upper playfield in your other hand. Needless to say its easy, takes 10 minutes, 5 bolts. The directions for removal are
In the Topic Index link at the top of every page in this thread.

#3893 21 days ago

The the shield "punch" the ball back everytime you hit it when its not lit? I thought it used to but mine isnt punching the ball back now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 279.95
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bethlehem, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newtoit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside