(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's Kerry King. I knew about this last week like a lot us, but didn't run my mouth off about it as to not piss off my source.
Also....SUPER STOKED!

If this is true I am thrilled!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’m in on whatever the top of the line is. Sight unseen.
Have to buy one - just to hear Steve Ritchie laughing at me while I play!

That's just silly. I am going to wait to play it first.

#106 5 years ago

So is it King or Ian on guitar?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It’s 2019 guys can the damn Knight decide on his own what color he wants to be?

This is the best comment in the entire thread!

#650 5 years ago

The key to this doing well on route is going to be keeping the attract music on. It won't matter that it isn't a 1960s TV show or classic rock band.

#1041 5 years ago

The spinning mech in the Knight's hand appears to be 2 connected spinning balls that will be smacking the game balls with force quite regularly. I suspect that owners of this game will need to check their pinballs for damage more frequently than other games as a result. Heck they will need to check the balls on the mech too to make sure they are not chipped which would cause faster wear on the game balls. I am still almost certainly going to be buying a Premium but it is something to keep in mind.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah those mace balls are going to lots more damage than the 6 pinballs knocking into each other during multiball.
Why do so many people come on here just to try and find things to complain about?

you would think I bashed a JJP game for the amount of hate this post got!

Sure multiball can scratch balls, never said otherwise. I fail to see how voicing a concern about a motorized ball smacking head-on into game balls repeatedly is invalid. Most captive balls actually give when hit and this one is going to be hitting back with (what looks like) some serious momentum. I anticipate this will be something owners have to keep an eye on. I never said it would be something that ruins the game or that causes this game to be a turd... I EVEN SAID I AM BUYING ONE! I have to keep reminding myself this place has quite a few members with ...(edited)

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I gave you a thumbs up because your response was hilarious. Seriously don’t take it that seriously. It’s only pinball.

Thank you. I will try not to take it seriously. I don't really care about up or downvotes but after being quoted for the umpteenth time about a pretty valid observation it got under my skin. Probably won't happen again.

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lost me after this. I'm sure there are other Christians who are equally offended by this. This happens way too often on here.
If you don't like the following response, then refrain from using my savior's name in vain.

I apologize for offending. I assumed in the thread of a thrash-metal-fueled pinball machine featuring the creator of Murmaider that this probably was not going to be a crowd that would be offended, but that was obviously a stupid assumption. While clearly not devout I was raised Catholic and am raising my kids the same way so I should have avoided the first line that popped into my head.

#1146 5 years ago

Tempers are flaring and here I am just laughing that my apology for saying JTFC got two down votes! Not sure if it was because I apologized for offending someone's religion or because I have Catholic kids... maybe both. Either way it made me LOL

2 weeks later
#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

As for play, the game just looked frenetic. I like Steve's philosophy of design with lots of flow and combo focus on his games. But flow doesn't mean loss of control. That was the thought going thru my mind as I watched...these are some great players and they look like they're flailing (no pun intended). The ball was moving so fast, most of the time combos were hard to come by. It looked mostly like shot...brick...wild rebound...shot...brick...wild rebound.
I know I saw only a small portion of the stream so far, but it didn't heighten my enthusiasm. I hope in the second hour, they find their shots and can hook a few together.

This is my concern as well. I am still leaning towards buying a Premium but I will have to put some serious time on one first. If this game is a brick-fest then I am out.
As for the music, I loved it. I thought the animations were more than adequate. The playfield is gorgeous. I understand why people wanted more on the upper playfield but keep in mind that removal has to be done in order to properly clean/wax the entirety of the lower playfield, and since this upper playfield can be easily removed I am OK with it not being the most action packed aspect of the game. I like the 6 ball multi-ball enough to deal with the upper PF.

1 week later
#2903 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have to say some people can’t respect other people’s opinion. I have nothing against those who think Iron Maiden is the greatest band who ever lived. I have nothing against those who pleaded make Iron Maiden game, or those who want a Judist Priest pinball either. Good for you that someone made Iron Maiden who didn’t deserve it based on success on the charts. Kiss is another band who created a massive fan base without actually having music that the mass majority of music lovers embraced. Good for them.
Kiss, Iron Maiden are two of the most unsuccessful charting bands in history that made the most money. I guess at the end of the day what matters is the bank account, so that makes them successful.

Not trying to keep this argument going but this is just so wrong.... Iron Maiden has sold over 100 million albums in their career without a single hint of radio play, that is a huge testament to their fan base. Their music was NEVER written to be radio friendly... they have a 13 minute song about a poem written in 1797.... one of their biggest songs is about the charge of the light brigade in the Crimean War of 1854 and that is one of their few songs that actually got radio play! Their music is virtuoso metal with historical themes, not exactly the type of stuff that tops the charts but that does not mean their popularity is low, far from it! The bottom line is that Maiden always had a HUGE following that sells out stadiums across the globe. Their fans are among the most devoted in all of music!

If you poll that same 100 people about what their favorite Metallica song is 90 will say "Enter Sandman" because it got radio play and they could not probably name another outside of maybe Fuel, those are not Metallica fans or the type who would buy a Metallica pin. The other 10 are the ones who are Metallica fans and they DEFINITELY can name multiple Maiden tracks as well. Maiden is the one metal band (besides Sabbath) that transcends all the genres of metal and is appreciated by the vast majority of metal fans. Since metal and pinball fans tend to be middle-aged white guys the Maiden theme is perfect for a pinball machine. Maiden is consistently one of the top earners at my local venue (which happens to be a metal-themed pizza spot with 13 pins in an upscale neighborhood) but it may not earn well in Missouri, doesn't mean the game has not been a smashing success for Stern and operators.

Also LOL at Maiden's main fan base being European. That slayed me. They are the biggest band in South America.

#2915 5 years ago

Yeah Kiss had several mega-hits, that argument is silly.

Re: YouTube subscribers - Maiden was never a music video band, they barely released any throughout their career. Their fan base is less likely to stream youtube than the other bands you mentioned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Wanted
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.