(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,998 posts
  • 616 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (6 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (6 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (6 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (6 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (6 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (6 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 6 months ago

Way cool so far...

#203 6 months ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Let the price speculation on Prem and LE begin?

Same as Munsters most likely, this is a cheap trademark/license from WEG probably as well.

#210 6 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No pro on this title? Only a premium and le? I hope thats not the case.

Steve Ritchie said mockingly on stage at TPF that there would be 3 models..

#216 6 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Those of you with better eyes, please tell me what I'm looking at, layoutwise. Why does the back panel look so tall? Do you see "flow" even here? Where are all these additional PF levels? Are they not here as this is a photo of the PRO?
[quoted image]

Thr right return ramp looks like wireform so my guess would be this is not the pro, but it's just a guess.

#227 6 months ago
Quoted from cletus:

I count:
6 spinners
4 levels
3 subway tunnels
3 flippers
1 Black Knight interactive toy
2 rainbow loop up kickers
Infinite fun

I see one spinner and above ramp/lane plastics that look like spinners. Shooter lane light maybe...

#232 6 months ago

It does look a little bit right flipper centric for target locations....

#240 6 months ago
Quoted from RGR:

BKSR. Black Knight Steve Ritchie

That's better than BKSOR. That looks too much like backsore...

#280 6 months ago
Quoted from DBLM:

If this is Steve’s swan son, this could be a helluva way to go.

Maybe with his son, Steve Ritchie can paddle off into the sunset...jk.

#290 6 months ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

[quoted image]

In true metal warrior tradition Steve Ritchie wrecked this hotel room shortly afterward...

#485 6 months ago

Do you have to shoot through the pops with the upper flipper to get to the upper playfield?

#833 6 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lightning wheel looks really plain and cheap to me: just some solid colors. It makes me feel like I'm looking at a Sega. That could really use some more sophisticated design or graphic.

The original Black Knight was done in 1980. I think they were trying to keep some art consistency, so it makes sense that it looks dated somewhat.

#847 6 months ago

Is the teaser video sound in the game? Really like it, crackling flames, electronic hum like a light sabre burning and all.

#849 6 months ago

Does the flail spinner spin in both directions? To reject the ball under some scenarios?

#1143 6 months ago

Everyone calm down. Looks like a cool pin to flip.

#1153 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This thread is going down fast. Lets pray.

for great gameplay!

#1155 6 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Leave the religious shit of pinside please
Let’s keep it about pinball
Thank you and .....(what ever you want this fill in after that )
I’m in on a pro , can’t wait to bash my Avatar

Well it does take a "leap of faith" to buy a $9k LE without playing it first.

#1162 6 months ago

Can't wait to beat the Black Knight and send him back to HE double toothpicks...

#1186 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Would it have been better to have the ball lock on the main playfield?

It does on the Pro - no upper playfield.

#1195 6 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are you talking about this place? https://www.betson.com/contact-global-sales-thank-you/
They seem to be closed :/.

Pinballs.com

#1202 6 months ago

Anybody care to share the LE price they got?

#1308 6 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Metalhead here.. I need to get some likely completely uninteresting and probably irrelevant stuff off my chest.. I keep hearing people say stuff like.. "I heard this awesome guitar and I was like yeah of course Scott Ian.. yeah! \m/.."
OK, yes, Scott Ian is a legend, Anthrax, stormtroopers of death.. He's an awesome songwriter, riffmaster, harmonic melody, etc. BUT, he is not known as being a guitar shredder/soloist. That's why the band had Dan Spitz in the early years, through Paul Crook, then Rob Caggiano, and finally Jon Donais (of Shadows Fall fame \m/).. ANYWAY
That's where Brendon Small comes in.. Brendan is first a comedian.. but I came to know and love his work through Metalocalypse.. a cartoon network show about a metal band called "Dethklok" where Brendan writes all the songs, plays guitar/bass, and sings.. it's awesome stuff, and his live shows as a "virtual band" are freaking amazing and hilarious. When you hear a shredding guitar solo on black knight, that's him! He's an unbelievable lead guitarist. (as many of you know he also did the voice of the sparky and the snake on metallica, and the narrator of aerosmith which was very similar to his "facebones" character on metalocalypse..)
Just go on you tube and watch videos for scott ian, then brendon small.
Anyway.. TL;DR. Scott Ian plays Rhythm, Brendon Small Plays Lead together they make the music for black knight sword of rage..

Great to know that the soundtrack and probably call outs were done by a guy with a sense of humor. It makes the pin more appealing, to me.

#1337 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll be interested to see how that spinning mech on the BK will hold up. That is a lot of force and leverage being placed on him. I could be wrong, but in the promo video, if you look closely, it appears there is some wobble on that part as it is spinning already. But given George's experience with design and building toys, I would think it should be pretty stout...
Hope it holds up though, looks pretty bad ass.

Wobble and closeness to the Black Kight's right hand looks like that hand will wear or break. Replacing that toy would be mucho $$ I would think.

#1355 6 months ago

Pro cab would look great next to my MMR.

#1487 6 months ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Dude, i said i love it. I am just responding to people saying the sword is crooked. If you are going to pick on stuff like that (which is clearly off) then I am just saying dont bother because its all off. For example, is the Black Knight on the backglass the same as the one on the playfield? The guy on the backglass is of average proportion - could be like 6-10 feet tall. The guy on the playfield is like 20 feet tall or has a head the size of a grapefruit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe the Black Knight is like Colonel Sanders on the current KFC commercials or even Santa. He could be ubiquitous and played by more than one person, all shapes, sizes and ages. As Jagger said, "I shouted out Who killed the Kennedys? When after all It was you and me...Maybe the Black Knight represents just an evil adversary, I mean it is just a suit of flames isn't it?

#1498 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Unless his forearm is broken at 90+ degrees in at least two different places, there is no way its hidden behind that tiny shield. If that shield is moved back to his head, I imagine it is about the size of his face. The scale is odd.

When you get your Black Knight pin, take the glass off, and look at the Black Knight bash toy straight on/same perspective to see how the left arm looks behind the shield. On the playfield, the toy shield is roughly the same size as the BR's face. No disrespect, but that's what I aim to do when I get mine, to see what all the fuss is about...

#1506 6 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah I know when I walk up to a pinball machine, the first thing I do is stare at the art for at least 20 minutes making sure everything is perfect and anatomically correct before I put my money into the machine.

Good advice for other things as well, if you are so inclined.

#1511 6 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Look at this monstrosity!!! The horse’s hoof is backwards.
RustyLizard better sell that BK2K. Better not see one at league.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not to mention the BK was lefty in 1980 and righty in 1989 and ambidextrous in 2019!

#1520 6 months ago
Quoted from mof:

(I'm not responding to you about your visual acuity abilities, just the comment in general)
Hey man -- Let the artists discuss what they see, and the non-artists can continue to ignore all the nitpicking of the (obvious mistakes sensed by artists)
Just like, I cannot distinguish notes and tones in wine, and I like "most" wines... a wine-guy would go nuts sampling wine with me at a winery, I'd be like -- wow this is all great stuff !!! And he'd be like "Nooo -- the floral tones in the cabernet you just tasted -- just aren't up to par for that vintage, you really should try this one..." PFFT...
Those of us with training and talent in certain areas -- sense and communicate a richer deeper experience of that realm, and thus, are far more critical as our brains can sense flaws and imagine via comparison "how" something could be better...
You are wise to continue to ignore the nitpicking visual artists (who can see more distinctions than non-artists), as the majority of people cannot sense these visual mistakes, as they see "symbolically" just like I taste "symbolically" -- YEP, this is wine! That's about all I can sense and distinguish about wine.
hahaha
-mof

Is this really about wine or WHINE? jk.

#1522 6 months ago

Maybe the artists here can come up with an alternative translite. I'd be psyched to see what they can come up with, even better if they get to the marketplace.

#1524 6 months ago
Quoted from cletus:

I can’t wait until the Black Knight looses control of his flail and takes out some invisiglass.

If a troll popping up when a ball is rolling over it and slams the ball into the glass like what happens on MM/MMR multi balls and the glass doesn't shatter, than what chance does a loose flail have?

#1530 6 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

We need gameplay video stat in order to stop this madness!!!

medieval madness

#1595 6 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Has anyone else noticed the Black Knight is ambidextrous?

Yes, post 1511.

#1599 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've come full circle on which model to buy. I have a deposit on an LE. I started thinking that maybe I should just get a premium instead because I can always put the shaker in and I don't really need the high definition glass (my game room is painted black and no overhead reflections). Then I would put the Stern topper and Stern side rail upgrade and some aftermarket art blades on the premium. Problem with that plan is the more I look at the art packages, the more I like the LE. Something about the swoosh trail behind the sword and especially the blood spatter on the premium cabinet just doesn't do it for me. The LE cabinet art is more detailed and I have also warmed the the art on the backglass over the translite on the Premium.
So, for now I'm still in for an LE.

Has anyone ever changed out the cab decals on a newer Stern? Does Stern/suppliers sell the decals? Would like to see the Pro cab artwork on a Premium..

#1775 6 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looks like they all got Fries with their burgers. Onion rings must come on the LE meal ???

Yeah but they all got the Whopper Topper. Hat's off to Stern!

#1796 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

knockerlover’s overreaction is an even better April Fool’s joke than the Burger King stunt! Well played, sir.

Probably the $8500 LE price was the best part of that hoax.

#1806 6 months ago

April fools!.. I'm not passing up on Steve Ritchie.. Black Knight, and Metal! \m/.. Disappointed more of you didn't take the bait though.. If this game ships with incomplete code though.. you better know I'll be bitching about this goof off session prior to launch!

Now admit..did you really get the BKSOR LE for $8500? Or maybe I'll ask you tomorrow.

#1839 6 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Anyone who wants to know how to clear up lexan haze, PM me, I have solution.

Flame polish? Novus 2?

#1841 6 months ago

I feel like this is always the case for me, like Iron Maiden.. I love LE backglass, and the pro cabinet..

Would be nice if Stern offered LE backglasses as separate translites for sale. There'd be no disrespect to LE buyers I think, in that case. I felt the same way about GBLE. I wanted the LE backglass art on a translite for mounting. No one but Stern could do this, as it's their IP. IMHO.

1 week later
#2341 6 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am not yet convinced I want to listen to the thuppida thuppida thuppida drums and squeeling guitar riffs the entire time I play the game, that feels like it could get old fast. I like the new take on the old BK2K theme, but the new soundtrack was getting on my nerves pretty quick. Brutal? yeah to my ears... I liked the game flow, the animations were cool, the flow through the machine nice, a lot of BK DNA is in the mix on the LE/Prem. The Flail reject is brutal from right flipper, but so is the shield from left. Short table game better be on point. That upper pf works just like the old BK2k, bumping it as it comes around from the left to pitch it into the flipper... the six ball MB was cool, I would be shooting for that all the time.
Nice game, I like the design, but the music went just to too far off the BK2K rails for me. Maybe I will pick up a Premium on the secondary market when someone gets tired of the heavy metal meltdown soundtrack.
Maybe it needs an adjustment in the menu for music...My Little Pony, Easy Listening, Hard Rock, and the default Face-melting Heavy Metal Ear Canal Nuclear Assault...

There's a way to configure the BK2000 sounds instead.

#2403 6 months ago

Does this game have a callout that says "Welcome aboard Tex"? or was I imagining that. A GB callout?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside