(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago

I asked Steve Ritchie this question at last years TPF.. you're welcome.

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

Does anyone else feel that the BK turned into the Mountain? What’s up with all the muscles. Muscle armor? BK Swords of Roid Rage. Just looks off to me.

Have you heard his voice? “ I am the black knight..”

He doesn’t exactly sound like Steve Buscemi..

#1304 5 years ago

Metalhead here.. I need to get some likely completely uninteresting and probably irrelevant stuff off my chest.. I keep hearing people say stuff like.. "I heard this awesome guitar and I was like yeah of course Scott Ian.. yeah! \m/.."

OK, yes, Scott Ian is a legend, Anthrax, stormtroopers of death.. He's an awesome songwriter, riffmaster, harmonic melody, etc. BUT, he is not known as being a guitar shredder/soloist. That's why the band had Dan Spitz in the early years, through Paul Crook, then Rob Caggiano, and finally Jon Donais (of Shadows Fall fame \m/).. ANYWAY

That's where Brendon Small comes in.. Brendan is first a comedian.. but I came to know and love his work through Metalocalypse.. a cartoon network show about a metal band called "Dethklok" where Brendan writes all the songs, plays guitar/bass, and sings.. it's awesome stuff, and his live shows as a "virtual band" are freaking amazing and hilarious. When you hear a shredding guitar solo on black knight, that's him! He's an unbelievable lead guitarist. (as many of you know he also did the voice of the sparky and the snake on metallica, and the narrator of aerosmith which was very similar to his "facebones" character on metalocalypse..)

Just go on you tube and watch videos for scott ian, then brendon small.

Anyway.. TL;DR. Scott Ian plays Rhythm, Brendon Small Plays Lead together they make the music for black knight sword of rage..

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The better way anyway... why play the lottery when you can wait, and maybe for a little more pick a known winner.

wait?.. WAIT?...

#1361 5 years ago

Well at least we made it 1356 posts before the pinstadium comments came around... #deadhorse

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Attention all Mace Complainers:
You, the player, weild the Sword of Rage. Not the Black Knight.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled nonsense.

so then, what is the knight holding in all the artwork (cabinet, backglass, etc..) The sword of tranquility?

#1764 5 years ago

I took off from work early, picked up the kids from school, cooked dinner for the family, cleaned up the dishes, did bathtime.. all so I could watch this stream.. they better actually stream some black knight FOR REAL!

#1770 5 years ago

I know I should have known better.. but the twitter video seemed pretty sincere.. Not gonna lie, I'm freaking pissed.. considering cancelling my LE order.. #butthurt

#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

One more for me!!!

you want two LE's?

#1787 5 years ago

Hilarious.. I dropped around 8500 on a game sight unseen.. and Stern and Jack Danger thinks its funny to dangle it in my face.. my money is going elsewhere. I'm just one person so I'm sure they will laugh and not care.. that's fine, there are choices in pinball now.

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Damn where you find this for 8500?
I understand your frustration but it’s not like they took out mechs/features in the game and are charging the same.

I've bought nearly every Stern LE since Star Trek, every CGC LE. The guy they have partnered with (Jack Danger) to show first looks at live gameplay, and Stern pull a crappy stunt to dangle it in the faces of their customers. Thread drained, order cancelled, I'll be waiting to see what JJP does..

#1803 5 years ago

April fools!.. I'm not passing up on Steve Ritchie.. Black Knight, and Metal! \m/.. Disappointed more of you didn't take the bait though.. If this game ships with incomplete code though.. you better know I'll be bitching about this goof off session prior to launch!

#1807 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Now admit..did you really get the BKSOR LE for $8500?

doesn't everybody?

#1835 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I like the side art for the Premium, but I like the backglass art for the LE more. Wish I could just order the LE as a translite for the Premium....

I feel like this is always the case for me, like Iron Maiden.. I love LE backglass, and the pro cabinet..

#1884 5 years ago

Would be better if it was PETG vs Lexan, but if it’s thick enough it probably won’t matter.

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Does anyone have this game yet? I read about 40 comments and still have no indication if its shipping. I might get an LE if people are happy with it after receiving it. It does look pretty awesome.

That’s not how buying an LE NIB works..

#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

This coming from the April fools guy!!!

Just saying.. I usually have to lock in sight unseen, before having an opportunity to play one.. maybe BKSOR will be different..

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ was announced in 2011, ACDC 2012. ACDC did ship first and the game contains 16 "tri color" inserts (same as RGB?). WOZ shipped with 100% RGB GI and insert lighting. That's a first and I don't believe Stern has offered a game yet with 100% RGB GI and inserts? Still regret selling my ACDC premium some days, great game.

Not fact but I think Star Trek (Premium/LE) would be the closest. RGB inserts, not GI.

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not shy about being critical of LCD graphics, but I honestly don't know what people expect either. Like, there's amateur hour that's not acceptable stuff out there, and that's one thing, and I could nitpick some boring font stuff that no one wants to hear, but look at this freaking Hell Hand. It wiggles around in a lifelike manner, flexing and flailing and grinning, it glows and throws shit at the screen, and generally looks creepy and evil. Is this really not up to our standards?
Like, be critical, I encourage it, but it feels like people just want to shit on things no matter what now. If this is something that makes you grumpy then maybe you're just looking for reasons to be grumpy.
I dunno, when I see something that looks like a Dungeons and Dragons beholder fucked the screaming Santa Cruz skateboard hand I'm into it. Maybe that's just me.
In motion here: https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralFancyHumanRiPepperonis
[quoted image]

That’s what the hamburger helper hand looks like under the glove.. that’s even scarier to me.

1 week later
#3005 5 years ago

Had a chance to play a friends pro yesterday, we played for about 30 minutes before I remembered that the premium/LE version has an upper playfield. I say this only to point out, the pro definitely stands on it's own. Haven't played a premium to tell you if upper playfield is better or not, in the stream it looked a little lackluster, but Steve Ritchie said more code integration up there is coming. Physically like others have said I think the lack of a rubber or something to nudge off of (flash gordon style, etc.) at the bottom of the upper playfield was a miss, but will reserve final judgement until I play it.

The game is hard, but not frustratingly hard.. It's just enough to pull really hard for just "one more game" to try and defeat the black knight.. The modes are really cool, and you can definitely stack modes and multi-ball as the "start/mode and lock" are both at the shield. There is an add a ball at the left lane/VUK shot, but I dont know how to qualify it. The animations look amazing, and I love the music especially for the modes. The callouts for the black knight are entertaining, I thought the skeleton callouts w/ Ed Robertson were a little out of place.. but it could also be there were mixed/mastered very differently. As others have said the music without a mode running is a little bit repetitive, but I'm sure that will change w/ code.

Haven't fully figured out the sword/powers stuff yet, I'm sure there is a way to maximize that stuff for "big points". In the hour and a half that we played it 50-60M was our top scores, still no GC's.

TLDR: I still want one, but will likely get the pro.

3 weeks later
#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Does anyone know what the extra item is for LE owners

An extra $2000 invoice..

1 week later
#3496 4 years ago

Once you power up the sword using the drops on the right side, how do you use it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 16.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=knockerlover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.