(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I doubt it. Can't think of a SR game with a bash toy. More like a cool 3D figure on top of a plastic/standup

Sword and shield interact with the ball.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like the LE will be right at or around $9k from what I'm hearing. I'm interested to see and hear what Stern comes up with regarding custom music, animations and callouts as just like with Dialed In everything needs to be custom made with an original theme (this is close enough to one even though it's licensed through WMS). As a Dialed In owner I'm excited for Black Knight Sword of Fury as I think an original theme game can offer a lot of value to the home buyer since everything needs to be made from scratch.

There are a few games where they created the LCD content from scratch. Aerosmith was the first effort, which was decent, but titles after that have gotten even better, like Deadpool. Iron Maiden is a hodgepodge of existing assets and fresh stuff, and is ok, but a little disjointed on the LCD animations IMO. I expect BK3 to look outstanding. As far as sound, I think Jerry Thompson has been creating amazing with sound packages for a few years now. He doesn't get enough credit.

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

All I gotta say is this is a much better pic for a non licensed game then dialed in just saying

But it is licensed. From Williams / Planetary.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Over/Under on JJP hitting the 60 day ship deadline on Wonka?

50/50 at best. But they really need to. 60 days is a nice timeframe where the excitement will be at a high level. Much longer and the buzz quiets down.

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Why am I not excited? Anyone else feeling meh?

I would wait until the reveal to decide if you are "meh".

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Are the pics on the IGN page coming out super blurry for every one or is it just me.

Click on them. Super high res actully.

#648 5 years ago

This game was clearly made for us, the pinball nerds. I showed my friend, and he isn't excited. He has pinball machines but isn't a pinball person if that makes sense. Maybe Stern is concerned because the theme isn't recognizable for "barcade hipsters" and "building a game room" home buyers?

I think it will do well, but I am also in the pinball vortex.

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

That's not the reason. Revealing a new machine at the show has no effect on vendor sales at the show: all the Sterns brought by Marco are all pre-sold well before the show starts.

This is pretty short sighted. There were 17 Munsters Premium games at TPF. Of course the show games are pre-sold, but the reason why there are show games is so that OTHER people can play them and hopefully buy them. Stern subsidizes the show discount. This show was the Munsters coming out party for pinball with the cars, actors there, etc. Revealing Black Knight at the show wouldn't have been the right move and WOULD have absolutely soften interest in Munsters and take the spotlight away. MGC is the BK3 show.

#997 5 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Can hardly wait to play this new Ritchie pin, maybe his next one could be HSIII !

I think even the sniff of HS3 depends entirely of the success of this game.

#998 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

black knight has to have the upper playfield, maybe this is where stern should of went back to the old days, 1 model only, a complete game...….take it or leave it.

So no $5600 option, only $7300? As long as Stern can widen their addressable market, why wouldn't they? And no you can't have your cake and eat it too with a $5600 Premium, as much as everyone, including myself, wants one...

#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I just paid a deposit on a LE! This year is off to an expensive start! MBRLE, Munsters LE, ACNC and now this! I yi yi

So I guess you are not selling your collection.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

I suppose. But you didn’t see stern add a bunch of muscles to Spider-Man, or Venom for that matter. Nor to Deadpool to make him more menacing. He was still a bean pole.

Are you really complaining that the Black Knight looks too muscular?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yah it sucks for us "non-hype" motivated types. I'm mean holy s#$t!
We haven't seen a game play stream
We haven't played the game.
The 600 LE machines are sold out in a couple of days.
This whole "missing out" thing is a monster. I need to play the game. Fall in love with the game. Then hand over $9000 to have the game in my collection.
Guess the only LE I will ever own is a used HUO. Otherwise I will forever be a premium buyer.

The LE models are not sold out.

1 week later
#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Stern would disagree
[quoted image]

Because 6 balls in the trough means what? Nothing to do with the code.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The Wizard mode(s) could shoot out 6. So yeah...it's a 6 ball game on the Pro too.

Totally.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not necessarily. While I really hope you are correct and catapult multiball IS actually in the pro somehow, I have a bad feeling it won't be. It will more likely be like Game of Thrones and Tron where there is an extra multiball on the LE/premiums that is missing all together from the pro.

Listen to Tim Sexton on the Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast. He specifically says that multi ball isn’t on the pro.

#2126 4 years ago

This is pretty awesome. Ritchie and Lawlor battling again for pinball supremacy.

1 week later
#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well I played like 8 games last night and was rock hard the entire time, just throbbing with excitement!!! So I beg to differ.

Aren't you also friends with the game programmer?

#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG... you know there are like a million different kinds of charts but the only one that matters is sales. The highest sales charting song of Kiss all time is Beth, which reached #6, it was also the ONLY top 10 hit they ever had. Furthermore they have no #1 hits, and oddly enough their biggest selling album was the album that featured Beth, and they kicked him out of the band.
Most of their albums sold between 500,000 units to 1 million units. They have no #1 hit, however they do have an anthem song unlike Iron Maiden (Rock N Roll All Night) which is their most well known song, only hit like 45 in the charts.
Iron Maiden never had a #1 or even a top 10 hit, and maybe one of those songs reached like 37 or something.
Neither band is known for their music as much as their stage shows. There are without a doubt the two single most successful bands who never really had any authentic hit songs.
Nothing changes the fact that both of these bands COMBINED have less views on their music than ONE Metallica song. How is it if they're so popular does Metallica or ACDC have more views on ONE song than two bands between them made over 50 albums have combined? OVER 50 ALBUMS between them and between all those songs combined they cant match one song from Nirvana. Again they're really popular like the Grateful Dead with their fans but they don't have fans outside that window.
Kiss is bigger in the US and Iron Maiden is bigger in Europe.
There is one Skynyrd song "simple man' that someone uploaded that has almost as many views as all the Kiss songs combined. Why because Skynyrd is one of the most talented musical groups ever assembled.
Kiss and Iron Maiden have pinball games because that's what they do that is how they make money, licensing their brand to almost anything. While real bands like LZ, Doors, Nirvana or Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, sell music.
There is a difference but you know none of this has anything to do with Sterns new game. Start a music theme and we'll debate all day long would be fun!

Please. Just stop.

1 week later
#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's there but not disclosed. Guess the minimum is $5100 for a BKSOR PRO in USA then. As usual you have to shop around to figure out the minimum.

No. Maybe for a show special or IFPA discount, but you won’t see a New In Box BKSOR for $5100 anywhere. Pretty much $5600 is the floor where they are at new from distributors.

1 month later
#3523 4 years ago

The extra flipper rubber on the upper playfield is just ridiculous. It isn’t very hard to keep the ball alive up there by some nudging with the factory rubber setup. It isn’t supposed to be up there forever anyway.

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think ur wrong sir.

The retro mode is really a combination of both isn't it? The music from BK2K plus the sounds and backglass of BK on the LCD.

#3573 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Deadpool LE...

IMDN LE?

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Finally got a chance to put in around 50 games on a Pro this weekend and I like it a lot more. Have already put in 100+ games on an LE and the upper playfield is starting to annoy me It ruins the flow of the modes and is kind of clunky in general.
Very torn now on which one to buy because it feels sacreligious to own a BK without an upper playfield.

How does the pro have more flow? Left orbit goes to a VUK on both games that stops the ball. No flow there. If you don’t want it on the upper playfield just let the ball return to the lower flipper by not flipping on the upper. Same thing with the ramp. But why would you not flip with the loop scoring (flow) and the extra multiball up there? It isn’t up there long anyways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,730 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.