(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Deadflip deadflip deadflip deadflip......!!
Lets stream this mug already....

Actually this is not a game I need to see the Deadflip video. In fact I don't want to see it. This is my first NIB in over a year and I want to discover this game on my own once my LE gets here. I've seen enough to know I want it and any more will be like seeing a spoiler for the next season of GOT.

#1567 5 years ago

I can't wait to see the topper for this game...

#1597 5 years ago

I've come full circle on which model to buy. I have a deposit on an LE. I started thinking that maybe I should just get a premium instead because I can always put the shaker in and I don't really need the high definition glass (my game room is painted black and no overhead reflections). Then I would put the Stern topper and Stern side rail upgrade and some aftermarket art blades on the premium. Problem with that plan is the more I look at the art packages, the more I like the LE. Something about the swoosh trail behind the sword and especially the blood spatter on the premium cabinet just doesn't do it for me. The LE cabinet art is more detailed and I have also warmed the the art on the backglass over the translite on the Premium.

So, for now I'm still in for an LE.

#1883 5 years ago

Yeah I have zero worries about the upper playfield. I've owned two WPTs over the years that I played the heck out of them. Keep the game waxed and don't use beaten up balls and it will be fine in any home use situation. Once a year a little Novus 2 maybe.

Clear is the only way to go because it doesn't block the view below. The original two BK's were two level playfields with the same real estate as a single level playfield. Having the clear upper field like BK3 or WPT just adds more mechs and shiny things to shoot for. It literally has a full playfield and an upper playfield.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Probably because so many pin-folk are absolutely resistant to change. Ever notice how any little change and people lose themselves in complaint-posts?
I wouldn't mind black nubs of death.

We need to petition Titan to make colored nubs of death.

#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Meanwhile DeadFlip will be doing a live stream April 9 so you can see how it shoots.

Hopefully they will have a Premium/LE at both Deadflip and MGC the way they revealed The Munsters a while back. BK without upper playfield is not BK...

#2397 5 years ago

Looks good. I've seen enough that I don't want to see any more until my LE gets here and I discover this game on my own. The idea of reading more than the few posts above this one in this thread tonight also has no appeal to me at all. These types of thread are the lowest of the low on pinside. As mentioned above - dumpster fire. I don't want to spoil my high over getting a dream theme game from my favorite designer.

1 week later
#2878 5 years ago

Paid for my LE the other day. Should be shipping early May.

#2955 5 years ago

Why are the threads about new games always filled with the lowest of the low moments on pinside? Sad. If I actually cared to read 90% of the posts in this thread, I'm sure at least one or two new people would be in my ignore basket.

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Anyone hear from their disty on when the LE's are shipping?

Early May shipping for my LE.

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Any production date for LE’s?

Mine is shipping "early May".

#3252 4 years ago

And so it begins... My game won't ship for a couple of weeks and I already ordered a real knocker kit. This is definitely a game that needs a real loud knocker! Also, wondering if there will be any game specific Cliffy protectors or if it will just need the shooter lane protectors. I contacted Cliffy and at this point he has nothing in the works. Might be helpful if someone sends him pics of a shooter lane to know if existing protectors will work.

#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Isn't the real knocker only for Sam Systems?
Why needing a Cliffy for a metal ramp?

Pinball Life sells knockers for Spike and Spike 2. Who said anything about ramp Cliffys? Shooter lane may be the only ones needed. Looking at the ramp, it drops the ball in front of the flipper lane switch instead of directly on it, so no Cliffy needed for the switch.

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

1 month later
#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That mirrored backglass is beautiful.
Your machine isn't quite complete, though...
[quoted image]

Haha, arw those for sale?

#3579 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Black Knight:SoR LE

Do you have something that lights the rings on the BKSOR LE? Any custom cutouts in the works? I want to buy a kit from you, but it seems like I need to wait a bit for the custom setup for this machine.

1 week later
#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im really really shocked that Stern can't just do shaker motor intensity adjustment in the settings. I mean low/med/high, how hard can it be ? Any adjustments currently in the menus seem to just adjust the frequency not the intensity. Stern please add this to future code.
Thanks

Without getting into details, this basically can't be done in software or it would be already.

#3668 4 years ago

How well does it match the rest of the metal on an LE?

1 week later
#3747 4 years ago

There is no need for the extra rubber and definitely not an enhancement. I would not like the game to never drain from up above. The drain time on the upper playfield is just right now - similar to Whitewater. To me that extra rubber mod is akin to drilling a fourth hole at the outlanes to allow an extra liberal post setting.

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This game is great! Love my LE. First SPIKE keeper for me

I needed to get rid of a game to buy this one but Star Wars was a keeper, so I dug deeper and kept it too.

#3765 4 years ago

My LE doesn't have an interlock and neither does my Star Wars. That really does suck if you are having a great game and need to remove the glass for some reason or especially if you are using it in a tournament. Fortunately I have never had a stuck ball on either game, but it will wait til that worst possible moment I'm sure. For Star Wars I don't even see a menu selection for coin door ball saver or to disable tilt while coin door is open. Without those I really don't see a reason to have an interlock. Fortunately those settings are in the BK standard adjustments menu. Looks like I will have to contact Stern and see about getting a harness for my BK!

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

But if my understanding is correct, you can’t even test switches. Since all nodeboards get turned completely off.

Wrong. There is a setting for that. "Coin door node bus power". For all we know that probably just disables the coil power anyway.

#3818 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

A plastic piece that pushes up on the lower upper playfield rubber ring to allow the ball to hop slightly so that you are able to hit with the upper right flipper. You basically can do the same thing by nudging the game when the ball is in the right place.

Ok well I'm always happy with a great software update like this one, even if the hardware mod is less than I had hoped. At least it appears to put the bump far back up away from the flipper rather than making things too easy up above. Hopefully they will send out interlock cables with the hardware enhancement for those of us who want one.

#3874 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Google "shooter rod spring". Multiple results including videos with step by step. In general, remove rubber shooter tip, pull of e-clip, swap spring, put e-clip back on, put rubber back on. Pretty straightforward.

I got the shooter and the springs were the same color and felt exactly the same. I think the added weight of the new shooter head might make the hit a little softer. Just need to do a full plunge.

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I jumped it off the upper playfield several times.

Well over 100 games on my LE and never once saw this.

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I wonder if they put the wrong springs on some of them to.

The springs are color coded to keep them from getting confused. The spring in the factory and modified shooter should be orange. Here is a link to a stronger spring and a list of strength in order.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=266-5001-14

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Yea I think this is an area where the game is sorely lacking. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'finishing animation

Software is not done yet. May be coming.

3 weeks later
#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Why didn't they go with two flippers and at least one bank of drop targets?

Unlike the two previous versions, this game has a full playfield below the upper playfield. There would be no place for the drop targets to drop to. Adding those things to the upper playfield would mean removing things from the lower playfield below them and putting the mechanics in plain view through the clear playfield.

1 month later
#3991 4 years ago

I need to email Stern for a coindoor lockout kit. I got the new plastic and post from Pinball Life for $2 a while back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.