(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,998 posts
  • 616 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (6 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (6 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (6 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (6 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (6 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (6 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#470 6 months ago

That looks amazing! So there is a pro?

#576 6 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

This is a really cool experiment for Stern. A new pin that is not based on a movie, TV show, comic book, or a band - but pre-existing original pinball IP. I really wonder how this will affect their decisions on future themes if this does well for them.

Agreed. I wonder if it was cheap to license. A movie theme like Harry Potter or something like that would appeal to the masses but a theme like this will really attract pinheads. It just screams pinball. I"m not really a huge fan of the medieval themes or the past games but this is one cool package. Love the retro touches and would be cool to see more pins like it.

#1058 6 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I have to hand it to Steve Ritchie. He really knows how to take (1) toy in a pinball and utilize it to the maximum effect. The BK toy reminds me of all the cool stuff the Vengeance ship does on ST (another Ritchie) game and all the interacting features that is packed in both of those toys. To me this is what a pinball toy should do in pinball games, interact with the players.

Good comparison. I really liked ST and Vengeance modes where the magnet threw the ball back at you. When I owned ST, I wished Vengeance modes were more integrated into the game. They were risky to play and only reward was basically an extra ball. If BK has a lot of gameplay where you are battling the knight where he blocks, taunts, and fires back, that is going to be a lot of fun.

2 weeks later
#2506 6 months ago

Game looks pretty awesome to me. Animations, music, and light show really got my attention. Some of the best by Stern imio. Not really feeling the whole battling disgusting monsters but I can go with it. It seems like they should of picked dragons or other knights instead for more of a medieval fantasy feel but whatever. Gameplay overall seems fun and that is what's important. Not sure about the upper pf, though. Love the extra flipper but doesn't look like there is much going on up there. Players were constantly shoot the ball up there to flail a shot or two. Pro looked to be exactly the same except the upper pf. No thoughts of buying one until I can get some decent playtime. Definitely look forward to playing one, though.

#2517 6 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How boring it would be if it was a medieval times pin...lol Fighting knights and dragons....come on....
The gross monsters are AWESOME. The hand is my favorite one. What a weird and awesome creature to battle.
We need more gross humor in pinball. I wish they would come out with a totally gross pin some day. Just over the top gore or nastiness. Like TWD minus the zombie theme.
I thought the game looked ok. Definitely feels like a throw back with updated features. Not a bad thing, just not for everyone as usual. I can see why they pushed it ahead of WIWO (willy)

I couldn't disagree more. I can see having another horror pin for that but don't get that vibe from past Black Knight games. I'm not into the medieval fantasy stuff at all but that feels more were Black Knight belongs. I think of some sci fi shooter game like Borderlands when I see those monsters. Theme for me really doesn't matter as long as the game does a good job integrating that theme.

#2521 6 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The intro screens are 100% Borderlands, huh??
I was waiting for some witty tagline to pop in under the name!

Exactly. Loved playing those games and the intros seemed straight out of those games. First thing I thought of when I saw them. Same look, same style, and same everything. Never played WoW or any of those type of games so no reference to that. I think most agree they look like they belong in a video game. I don't think that is a bad thing but just something I am not used to seeing in a pinball game. Definitely rather see animations like this than random, clunky short clips from a movie or stuff that looks way dated. It would be cool if they could add more monsters at least so you are not seeing the same few over and over.

#2528 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Why are we complaining about this now?

You new here? lol. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense to have a ball kickback on the left side when there is one already built in on the right side. I know it's not exactly the same but close enough. In the age of cost cutting, I rather see that mech used somewhere else that is more interactive in gameplay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside