(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#660 5 years ago

I'll most excited to hear that Brendon Small is working on it. HELL YEAH!! That's Dethklok!

#973 5 years ago

Damn, why couldn't RZ have been a better game?....

#999 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy crap was that phone connection bad. The podcast should have been edited to take out the copious dead air and static/digital sounds. Could have shaved literally 15% or about 3 minutes off the running time and made it less annoying to listen to.
One nugget that was interesting. The top "playfield" we know is plastic, but in the podcast he says it's essentially like the plastic on the top level of WPT - not even that thick. Anyone with a WPT knows how crappy that plastic looks after not a lot of play. Disappointing they didn't use wood.

That's the only thing I'm worried about. Clear plastic tends to get really cloudy over time.

#1027 5 years ago

My wife's first response was "we're getting this one". Her second response was "there are no women on that design team or they'd know that those real feathers on his head aren't going to last long."

#1033 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I agree. I would prefer a well done detailed flowing plastic ponytail style that matched the art

Mod opportunities already.

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So you're gonna get airballs in the game that go high enough to hit the feathers, or you have a moth problem in your pinball machines?

I think it's more in line that feathers just rot over time.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

My hope is this leads JJP to answer with Return to the Funhouse: Rudy's Revenge...

Oh man, that would be amazing. With extra dark humor....

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

What are y'all thinking regarding Pinstadiums for this one?

If the gi is anything like IM, then it will be a must. This one has rgbs though, so if the colors drastically change with the modes it would interfere. If not, red pinstadiums are going in.

#1681 5 years ago

From TWIP:

The Pro model should be start shipping in the next two weeks. The Limited Edition model should then start shipping around early May, followed by the Premiums in late May/early June.

Stern also confirmed in a Facebook comment that the PUBLIC unveiling of the game will take place at the Midwest Gaming Classic, April 12th-14th in the Marco Specialties booth, so go check it out!

#1702 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dead flip bk stream this evening... [quoted image]

You know it's an April Fool's joke. No way about it.

#1711 5 years ago

What do you care? Are you casing their homes?

#1815 5 years ago

You can't even trust the trolls on April Fools day.

#1833 5 years ago

I like the side art for the Premium, but I like the backglass art for the LE more. Wish I could just order the LE as a translite for the Premium....

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Plenty of illegal ripoffs on ebay UK. Really don't know why Stern don't put a stop to it and sell themselves.

Didn't know that. No shits given so I'd be down for that.

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe because the last 4 or 5 pins I've had were been pretty loaded with stuff and code and long playtimes I'm loving the fact that this is a one ramp. open concept heavy metal fest of darkness. I needed this and couldn't have asked for a better theme, well Slayer but still and perhaps some kindly fella out there will do a custom sound rom, all Slayer or better yet all Death Metal.

I'm hoping I won't have to, but I'll totally convert the songs in this into Dethklok if need be.

#2027 5 years ago

It's been said on many podcasts that the player is the one carrying the sword.

#2127 5 years ago

I own Dialed In, Pirates, and Maiden LE. Maiden is my favorite but there's something about DI that is hypnotizing and fun. Lawlor is my favorite all time designer and I'm a technophile, but Maiden shows that I also need speed and heavy metal music. I'm really curious how the public reacts to these two going head to head this week in sales and reviews. Speed vs technology. Metal music vs childhood theme. Two of pinballs top designers on what's more fun to shoot.

There's no way to NOT compare two machines from two pinball giants released in the same week if you are really into pinball. We have podcasts as our combined roles of news and sports announcers. So guys, please stop bashing just because people are excited to see some business competition (which is GREAT for the hobby) and talk about the only media we have for pinball besides streaming.

#2182 5 years ago

My question, is have they gone to FULL rgb lighting like JJP? Those are impressive, unlike the ones in Star Trek Premium which don't have full range. I'll be super excited if BK has those kinds of LED's

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GOTG doesn't look to have RGB GI. I don't believe Stern has put a game out to date with 100% GI and insert lighting. Hopefully one day.
[quoted image]

Hopefully THIS ONE! I'm hoping this one is like Maiden but with full transitional range RGB. It's time Stern!

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm excited for every new pin that comes out from any company. Can't wait to flip it.

Hell, I even can't wait to play some more Oktoberfest after it's completed. Just because I don't want to PURCHASE one doesn't mean it doesn't make me excited to play it. Even the less exciting recent releases like Rob Zombie still make me go "wow! take my quarters!" I think Munsters was the only game in the last several years that did not pique my interest.

#2679 5 years ago

I didn't even notice that. Sweet. I'm trying to decide if it will need Pinstadiums. They completely changed the game for my Maiden.

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

who's pubic is being exposed here?!?

laugh (resized).jpglaugh (resized).jpg
#2785 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

So no one has purchased a pro?

Dude, just look at the market here on pinside, even on this same page. $5799 for a pro.

#2791 5 years ago

Prices are literally all over the site and you're asking for a price? Maybe haggle over shipping?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#2795 5 years ago

This should probably be a different thread, but best I've ever been given is free shipping. You can haggle people down, but then pay shipping or just try to get shipping thrown in.

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man sometimes, actually most of the time I wish this site was split into the 4 represented categories. Dealer. Operator. Collector and Player because it would save so much bullshit wasted time. As a player I don't give a crap regarding how anything is manufactured or sold, I don't give a crap regarding BOM or build quality all that shit, I don't give 2 shits about longevivty or side art etc. etc. and I don't mind taking a loss when I sell it, worth every penny. just give me the game so I can play till I'm bored and decide to move on. Imagine how many posts would become irrelevant in that case.

That would be really hard to do. Besides, as a collector I'm learning something by hearing dealers talk shop.

#2816 5 years ago

Are there any stand up targets in the upper playfield?

#2868 5 years ago

":
- Added Announcer Speech calls from voice actor Brendon Small."

Oooh! Did we get his heavy metal "Brutal!" Callout?

I hope more modes are coming too.

#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Anyone able to confirm street price is still $5600 on the pro and don't distributors usually throw in free shipping?

In my experience you can talk them below retail (I think it's $5999) or you can get free shipping. Not both.

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I get both, every time. You need a new distro.

PM sent

#2926 5 years ago

The only people who like Maroon 5 are lonely women.

Can we ignore the guy who doesn't know how to rate a game now?

#2938 5 years ago

They just need to add mode shots to the loop on the upper playfield to make me happy. Since they said there would be a mode in LE that's not in pro, that's probably going to happen.

#2975 5 years ago

You know what music this pin is mostly based on? A no name band from Brendon Small called Dethklok. They rock, look them up.

Know what you are getting in your BK pin. If you don't like it, move on.

#2978 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it had actually been a Dethklok pin in full they might have gotten me. Brendon on custom voices and a mix of new tracks with some classics? Could have been a perfect combo of 'band pin' with original theme.

If it doesn't scratch the DethKlok itch, I might just edit the sound. Wish I could do that with my Jersey Jacks....

#3059 5 years ago

Does anyone know the release date for the premium yet?

#3068 5 years ago

I really can't wait to see all the new modes and foes waiting to be released into the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.