(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,998 posts
  • 616 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (6 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (6 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (6 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (6 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (6 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (6 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 6 months ago

Love the title.

I have reliable sources stating that this is Ritchie's fifth to last pinball machine.

#494 6 months ago

Wow, that cabinet art . . . I love the rules talk in the article as well. Ten times more excited about a Black Knight sequel than I though I would be.

This is why a theme with no license restrictions on content/art can be so cool, complete freedom on the artwork and having toys actually make sense on the play field.

#1560 6 months ago

Looks awesome to me. I'm 99.9% out on this one(just got two pins), but the art alone made me reconsider for a moment. Honestly I like it even better than Iron Maiden and Dead Pool (both of those look great too) at least from the pictures.

#1958 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

TNA was the last (and for about 3 months the only) game I had, when I sold all my machines (wich were Star Trek, Johnny Mnemonic, Operation Thunder, F14 and TNA to help financing buying our home)...
...I as well love that game very much but I just can't play it a long amount of time (as long as other games), because it's demanding, and yes there is not too much variation. Absolutely no problem,... if you have a second or third machine, that is. Just like you said.
First game I bought back was Johnny Mnemonic (best bang for the buck, has a cool toy and plays fast like a Ritchie game), wich hopefully never leaves me again. But now I'm hoping to get something new & fresh in addition.

Personally i think that tna works great even in a 2 pin collection. But i admittedly am in the honeymoon phase. Its just pure pinball to me. No long waits for balls to get back to your flipper from pops or ramps. Just intense pinball action.

With co-op mode i could see it being the last pin in my lineup (but I do see how others could disagree)

Edit:Ah sorry to talk about tna in this thread. I'm super interested in the BK. Maybe between this and star trek? Or something completely different

#2075 6 months ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Off Stern FB... "#BKSOR Premium spotted in the factory today! Art package by the legendary Kevin O’Connor! #SternPinball #BlackKnight"
[quoted image]

Looks awesome! Except for the angle between the forearm and elbow of the shield bearing arm, what's the deal with that?

(just to be clear, I'm not serious. Though the angle could be off for all I know).

#2311 6 months ago

It's very hard for me to tell if I'm going to like shooting a game by watching a stream. Just doesn't translate well. It is more helpful for seeing if I'll like the sounds,display, and maybe the rules (depending on the stream). Especially upper/lower play fields are hard to judge. An upper play field might be a nice change of pace from the in your face speed of the rest of the table. upper/lower PFs almost always look boring though on streams.

Love the theme though -- if it shoots well it could be an exciting pin to own.

#2549 6 months ago

I always find pin music and sounds to be repetitive when watching streams, but completely different from when I play it. I was really worried that BM66's music was going to drive me crazy after watching streams, but instead I love it.

I wonder if Stern would be better off with shorter streams during reveals. Quick run down of rules, have Jack play with Kieth a couple of times and then leave the crowd wanting more.

#2580 6 months ago

I think a lot might depend on how much the knight mech adds to game play and immersion. It certainly looks awesome -- if it adds a lot of fun to the shots it could really elevate the game. Not hard to imagine when I think of how much even a well placed spinner can elevate an otherwise mundane shot.

1 week later
#3000 6 months ago

I think this has a good chance of doing well on location. I get that it's an original theme -- but a theme with a big knight talking shit to you is a pretty compelling one. A real easy pin to understand what's going on too, you're fighting monsters. Combine this with awesome cabinet and back glass art and I think it it could do well. I know at least as a kid in an arcade this would be appealing -- hopefully it will appeal to us old guys playing pins in bars and bowling alleys too.

1 week later
#3209 5 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Well they could have labeled the button on the side with a COOL MagnaSave decal as well. Anyone should be able to figure that out if they can read.
I don't even like the fact that they put two set of flipper buttons on Munsters Premium. I didn't even realize at first I had to use the other flipper buttons once the lower playfield started. Can't they just figure that out in code, like Family Guy, when it goes to the mini playfield?
I played 3-4 games on BKSOR the other day and I'm so used to hitting that top button on ST:PRO, GOTG and other Stern recent pins, I'll hit it just because it's blinking thinking I got a bonus coming.. LOL

If newbies cant find the start button i really dont see them making magna saves no matter where the button is , kind of doubt this is the reason but who knows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside