(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

At first I heard all Slayer soundtrack. And that. Would. Blow. My mind. But don't think it is.

hopefully like TWD some great man out there will do a version with all Slayer.

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

What? have u ever had their fries, those fuckin things are better than sex not to mention the Cheeseburgers. Sorry I used to have a weight problem but saying McD's isn't good. Them be fighting words. Pro for me never liked upper PFs and very happy the option is there.

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is fatuous. Sure the game looks like it’s going to be decent, but any BK without an upper playfield is:

1) counter intuitive
2) blasphemous
3) heretical
4) just plain absurd
5) total bullshit

YMMV...I guess.

Wrong, I don't want an upper PF, can't stand em. I think there are many who feel that way and its a great thing that the option is there. Oh and anything blasphemous can only be a positive.

#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not always. Half the factory balls in Iron Maiden Pro on the route were soft or something and looked like disco balls after a few months with hundreds of flat edges where they impacted things. None of it was sharp or burred, but they looked and rolled weird. It DOES happen.

Sorry but u guys that route games need ur own section on this site. I play a few times a week and my pins see max of 1000 or so before they are sold, half the issues I hear regarding pins on this site are due to routed games that see a shit load of plays and I remember in the 90's at pool halls and bowling alley's, arcades with the sacred B/Ws pins they were always down or had issues. I've played Maiden 100 times and haven't had one issue. Now I know it should be consistent regardless but thats not going to happen when it comes to something mechanical, more use, more trouble. Anyway BK3 looks amazing can't wait to try it.

#1135 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lost me after this. I'm sure there are other Christians who are equally offended by this. This happens way too often on here.

If you don't like the following response, then refrain from using my savior's name in vain.

what did he save u from? what a crock of shit thats a fairy tale.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

Anyone have any idea where ball locks on the pro? All virtual??

I certainly hope so, no time for physical locks. It didn't affect TWD or SW in fact in helped to keep the action going. I wish Maiden was all virtual. I do the think balls will be held behind the shield, no nice way to say that.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Should be holding sword in right hand while on horse.

Thats important.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

but comes off a little sloppy to those that know what they are looking at. Sorry!!

Luckily those magical few that know what they are looking at make up probably 1% of pinheads. For the rest of us simpletons it looks amazing. I get what ur saying but if you get to into the minute details it would lose something in my opinion, I like the simplistic approach, it fits the theme and pinball in general.

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Dude, i said i love it. I am just responding to people saying the sword is crooked. If you are going to pick on stuff like that (which is clearly off) then I am just saying dont bother because its all off. For example, is the Black Knight on the backglass the same as the one on the playfield? The guy on the backglass is of average proportion - could be like 6-10 feet tall. The guy on the playfield is like 20 feet tall or has a head the size of a grapefruit.

I know thats why I put a wink after that comment just joking with ya. My only point was pinball art tends to be great and ridiculous all at the same time. I like that. No offense intended. I mean someone thought this would be a great translite and I agree, terrible and great. Thats the ticket.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

No long waits for balls to get back to your flipper from pops or ramps. Just intense pinball action.

Yeah but those waits are welcomed in times of heavy multis in TWD, SW etc. so its all works out in the end. I like TNA but in a home collection unless u host lots of pin parties it would get stale mighty quick.

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

but my little $0.02 observation/concern is regarding how much space in the pro is "wasted" with the upper playfield not being there.

Maybe because the last 4 or 5 pins I've had were been pretty loaded with stuff and code and long playtimes I'm loving the fact that this is a one ramp. open concept heavy metal fest of darkness. I needed this and couldn't have asked for a better theme, well Slayer but still and perhaps some kindly fella out there will do a custom sound rom, all Slayer or better yet all Death Metal.

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"When you put this game next to Black Knight Sword of Rage it's a joke", "Sword of Rage looks like a $7500 game, Willy Wonka looks like it should cost twice as much, it looks like there's twice as much in there, it looks like 10x as much effort went into the game, its comical that these games are separated by $1500 bucks".

I think it was several posts back you got upset upon being attacked for JJP fueled horseshit comments and here they are again. I don't care whats in WWonka its a fucking chocolatier who keeps midgets in his house to make candy and sing nursery rhymes. I'll take the stripped, fast as lightning Stern BK3 with Heavy Metal soundtrack any day of the week. Good luck to u sir.

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I'm kind of new here, but I also run a forum. Are the mods normally this passive? Because this thread has gone way the fuck off the rails, and has become kind of a drag. I'm super excited about about BKSOR, and all this Stern vs JJP stuff (at least in this thread—I suppose there is a place for it) is annoying.

This happens when theres a break between reveals then gameplay vids and finally release with people getting their games, Oh yeah and every other possible thing that could happen like the sun coming up. I love it, this site would be real boring if it was all on topic and nice nice. I say thank sweet baby Jesus for the JJP fanboys. Its a real treat to read their posts laden with crap and then rip it apart for reaction.

#2317 5 years ago

Wow that is impressive, I wasn't expecting those kind of animations at all. Gameplay looks great, music great it certainly is a stunner. I'm in on the Pro.

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Meaning I can pay 5 bucks on a mobile game app and get far better graphics.

Well than thats what u should do. They look amazing for a pinball machine I don't want video game quality graphics it wouldn't look right in my opinion. The whole game has more of a cartoon style than high end console graphics so it fits.

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was referring to the age 35-55 demographic. I don’t think many of them care for heavy metal? Maybe I’m wrong though?

Not maybe, u are wrong. Heavy Metal was huge in the 80's and was the birth decade of thrash and Death Metal etc. so a teenage fan in 85 is what almost 50 now. I'm 44 and am loving every minute it. Theres TNA if ur into the whole Polish Disco thing.

#2363 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t consider Metallica heavy metal. Iron Maiden maybe.

What? how long have u been hearing impaired sir? again not maybe, ur wrong

#2371 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We like Metallica, GNR

GNR is not Heavy Metal to me, but old Metallica anyway is Thrash Metal. Ah who cares anyway. As good as the soundtrack is for this game I would still love a full blown Death Metal or maybe all Slayer soundtrack.

#2374 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Maybe death metal is what I mean. I’m using the wrong term here. BK sounds closer to death metal to me.

Wrong again. Man ur batting 1000 tonite. This is Death Metal

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I hate to say this, but I think somebody is about to get some chocolate in Steve’s BKSoR peanut butter...

Although this machine is a good sequel to BK2K, it’s not much more than that. The Flail is an interesting take on a bash toy, and the shield is well integrated into the theme, but where is this Sword of Rage you speak of? (Rhetorical Question) Not anywhere on the playfield- would this not confuse inexperienced players? The “build up sword energy for maximum scoring potential” aspect is ok, relevant, maybe, but a bit anti-climatic. The Flail was an appropriate toy for this title... Because up against stiffer competition, it looks like Stern and Steve are “flailing” to stay relevant. Fix the music. We shall see how this plays out after MGC.

This might be the most ridiculous thing I've read on this site for a while now, well thats not true it happens everyday. Inexperienced players don't give 2 shits on whether or not the sword is well represented and for that matter experienced players who do are very troubled. As for the relevance comment, what? Now the chocolate comment is the most disturbing, please can we not compare Hell Hand and Worm Monster to whatever the fuck an Opoloopa is. If ur having a tough time deciding between BK3 and Candyman then Candyman is the way to go. Good Day to u Sir. I said Good Day.

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Third flipper super jackpots.. Not sure how you could say pro isn't missing out big time.

Like this, The pro isn't missing out big time. I don't like upper pf's never have and most likely never will. I do however love spinners so take away the upper PF and add a spinner? I'm buying a pro.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sounds like Stern might stop streaming early as it sounds like they are going to lose alot of money with people switching to pros

I doubt it as the reverse could and probably has happened where Pro buyers see a Pre/LE model and decide they must have it. U can't always win.

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

who wouldn’t want that??

Me

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm shocked at all the pro love.

Why? some people really dislike upper and lower PF's. WW is one where I enjoy the upper PF as its just another shot not a mini game. Once you have targets and little ramps its over but we all like different things. My problem is the lack of 2 ramps, I need to play the game before I pass judgment but that is the biggest let down in the layout for me. Now a pro with no upper PF and a second ramp. Damn.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

and buckle up your chinstrap if you want to get in the ring with me bud.

I like that. Hopefully we never have to face each other that would be a match, but you would lose.

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is the Pro really as good or better than the LE/Premium or are people just trying to make themselves feel better because they didn’t want to spend the money on the big boy version?

Nah, this isn't Met, TWD or IrMd I think its just a distaste for upper PF action like with GOT Im going Pro for that distinct reason.

#2802 5 years ago

Man sometimes, actually most of the time I wish this site was split into the 4 represented categories. Dealer. Operator. Collector and Player because it would save so much bullshit wasted time. As a player I don't give a crap regarding how anything is manufactured or sold, I don't give a crap regarding BOM or build quality all that shit, I don't give 2 shits about longevivty or side art etc. etc. and I don't mind taking a loss when I sell it, worth every penny. just give me the game so I can play till I'm bored and decide to move on. Imagine how many posts would become irrelevant in that case.

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

That would be really hard to do. Besides, as a collector I'm learning something by hearing dealers talk shop.

Oh Yeah me too, don't be a dealer.

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

So ive seen the pro, which is the way to go? Pro or premium?

Well u should play both then decide which one you like better, who cares what we think?

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Even though I'm confused by the theme of Ocktoberfest, that game was way way way more fun to play. If I was going to choose between Black Knight and Octoberfest it would be Octoberfest all day long.

Boy I wish u had put this at the top of ur comment and it would have saved from reading the rest of it. even still that wasn't easy.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

You gave The Shadow a 2.5 rating, Star Wars 4.6 and Iron Maiden LE a 4.8

Oh well that explains it. I don't like looking at peoples ratings but that really speaks volumes as to his ridiculous opinion. I'd bet my right nut DI and JJPOTC and WOZ all get 10's.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The Black Knight Swords of Rage when given time to marinate will ultimately be judged as the worst of the three Black Knight games, and for operators a big money loser. The game just doesn't have the eye appeal for an original theme, to attract casual players like say Dialed In.

Lordy. When exactly did u get the gift of seeing the future? Sorry man ur entitled to an opinion but be prepared for the reaction. and for u this is eye appeal? Well then not much left to say. Good day to u sir, I said good day

dialed_in_character (resized).jpgdialed_in_character (resized).jpg
#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:Dialed In has that massive bright colorful screen with all those animations it draws you in. Most pincades are dark by nature, the Black Knight is a dark game its not going to have the curb appeal for an original theme as Dialed In c'mon that goes without saying. You'd have to be blind not to come to the same conclusion.

None of that matters, you place old Ghostbusters and Black Knight side by side for 6 months count the coins, that is the ONLY thing that matters.

Its almost as if this is a set up to prove my comment on seperate threads for Dealers/Operators. Curb Appeal? who gives a shit.

#2873 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This is my main concern-damn one guy says smooth flowing game and another says flow broken up by constant brick shots. I will be playing this game in the near future, but does anyone else have some feedback on overall flow? Getting multiple opinions on flow?

I think thats mostly due to ability.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Iron Maiden is NOT that popular band in the USA

Quoted from drfrightner:

do you know which game got the LEAST amount of money? You guessed it IRON MAIDEN!

are u for real. again with the earning on location bit. I could keep going with that post but this is more than enough to warrant

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I sold the game for two reasons... 1) It didn’t make money. 2). I personally don’t like Iron Maiden.

You sold it for one reason because it didn't make money, cut the shit.

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Maroon 5 has 25 million subscribers and over 12 billion views on their videos. We can all agree they're good

Maroon 5 is fuckin shit. Enough with the stats, the majority of pinsiders are players and collectors who don't care about how well the game will earn on location. Ur talking Maroon 5 in a thread for a game where the music was made by a man who made this classic album and its hurting my head. Good day to u Sir.

#3037 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Too many people basing their opinion on what other peoples opinions are.

Well thats just ur opinion.

#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can imagine some expert players enjoying this -- but some novices will play 1 ball and walk away.

That just makes it even better.

Quoted from aingide:

It's like the Dark Souls of pinball.

better again. Damn I can't wait.

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Remember, everyone says IJ4 sucks but it earned like crazy.

Not everyone, I loved it.

#3158 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love the majority of Steve Ritchie games(I did not care for Star Wars at first-now it is one of my favorites).

It probably would have been wise to wait then for a review. I mean its a simple game and its impossible to compare it to GOT as thats quite deep. After a few years with deep coded games and long play times this pin is a breath of fresh air, kinda like IM was when I first bought it. I like this better than IM. The sound is incredible and the animations are my favorite to date DMD or LCD just fantastic. I can see it getting old with time thats pinball, I don't see any pin as a keeper anymore and don't give a shit regarding lossage on resale so it doesn't matter. If ur a Metal fan this pin is a must buy, the whole game screams Metal. I hope some creative fella out there does a custom rom for even heavier tracks. Slayer during Hell Hand. Sounds right.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Also, with all the Magna-save button poor location talk, I wonder who will be the first to drill out their cab and install the button in the proper place (No proper high tech photo needed).

I think the best option for this will be a long wire out the back and some quality 2 sided tape with a flat style button if thats possible. It would be a solid selling mod thats for sure. I actually enjoy the frantic move to hit that button on the bar. This pin is really something and thats not a honeymoon phase thing, talk about speed, jesus and the modes are so great. I'm looking forward to multiplayer action tonight, Maiden and SW's and TWD while fantastic lead to alot of waiting. The only issue I have at all is the BK's voice and the taunts themselves, they are a little too cheesy for my liking. I would have much preferred the voice of the guy in Maiden but this is a minor issue. The flow and lighting, sound is just amazing. Hell hand, thats all I have to say. My new favorite mode in pinball, well Horde, its close.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:Actually put a connector inbetween and an footpedal trough the coindoor so you won't mess with anything.

Oh ur messing with something, the pinball stance and the pinball dance. It would be more of a hinderance to gameplay for me to disrupt that then to move my hand over for the lockdown bar button.

#3181 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

For the guys that are to weak for that of course.

I hope when u say weak u are reffering to those players who are without proper stance and lack the required dance? Oh Yeah.

#3267 4 years ago

Well this thing is a killer. By far the fastest game I've ever played. Yet once you get use to the speed it becomes very playable. Magna save regardless of where it is at least with the pitch I have mine at would be hard to hit, its lightning quick. This is not a game for someone who is in to more of the floaty stop go thing or of a light hearted nature but if ur into Metal and Speed and cool dark video games (God of War/Darksiders) its as if they tailor made it for that person. Just amazing, I've never felt this level of challenge and speed, adrenalin rush for sure, very happy with the pro. Great mulitplayer pin, music is incredible. I'm blown away. Did some lighting tweaks that make it look even better, will post shortly.

#3294 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Are you sure? There was a Pro set up at Cabin Fever in Toronto several days ago.

Yup, Dan the pinball man had the first one

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've gotten to Black Castle a few times now, in fact I did it in the finals of our launch party last night.

Man who ever leveled that game was being real nice, mine is way faster than that. R those back legs on the bottom of the leveler?

#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The game is fast, but you can significantly slow it down by trapping up and not playing on the fly, back handing shots and avoiding the sucker shots like the Black Knight center target and the fail when it is above green or yellow.

Nah, its slower. Keep in mind I usually raise the back levelers more than most people.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Because I have a large EM collection, I shouldn't have an opinion on the music in a modern game, WTF

No it just means ur an old fart.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

It's not cheating. A game is always harder set up steeper. Anyone who disagrees can do a quick experiment, and see for themselves.

I agree.

1 week later
#3473 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Pro is dull.

The Pro is anything but "dull" fastest pin alive sir. The upper PF takes away from that so for u old timers I guess dull means fast and furious.

#3481 4 years ago

Well at least they made the pro without it so we all can get a model we like.

1 week later
#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There is only the BK retro mode, no BK2K.

I think ur wrong sir.

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The retro mode is really a combination of both isn't it? The music from BK2K plus the sounds and backglass of BK on the LCD.

that sounds right. I though it was all BK2K never really had alot of play on the og's. Its a very cool mode anyway.

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

What is retro mode? I guess I haven't gotten there yet hahaha

Gotten there a few times but not really sure how. Its a multiball with old sounds and music from the OG BK and BK2K pretty great actually.

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd say get a more finished Stern now

Seems pretty complete to me, Whats missing exactly? As of now might be my favortie Stern. The Pro is the way to go if you dislike upper PF's so I disagree the Pre is better. Love this game.

#3544 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ust seems very...basic, especially the Pro.

It is very basic and thats part of what makes it great. Kinda like the SW's pro I just couldn't be happier then didn't make a loaded mess of crap and toys and figurines all over, but hey thats me.

#3587 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Very torn now on which one to buy because it feels sacreligious to own a BK without an upper playfield.

Its only pinball and I agree with regards to the upper PF so get the Pro and stop using that word in conjuctioning with a toy it feels well......................sacreligious.

#3593 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You somehow earned a downvote for a balanced and subjective post. That's gotta be more annoying than the upper playfield...

Well ofcourse, LE owners never want to hear that someone prefers the Pro model, which is stupid and pretentious pinside pinball folk have that "its not BK without an upper PF" which is even more stupid. I've played both and much prefer the Pro. Who cares?

2 weeks later
#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can’t imagine enjoying the game without an upper playfield because it feels integral to the whole picture.

I feel the exact same way but in the opposite fashion. Not an upper PF man, never have been so very happy for the Pro option.

#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

There is simply no reprieve. You get ripped over and over by high speed rejections and the loops.

Yeah, thats why I prefer the Pro.

#3717 4 years ago

Just put in the .94 code and they are ruining what is my fav game with terrible Stern call outs. I know I'm probably alone in this and a lot of u love that which is fine but damn it keep the game cool, please stop with the bad attempts at humour its just rotten. I think I'm going back to .93 not much else changed from what I can see.

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Do pinball browser and overwrite the callouts you dont like with the ones you do

Sounds like a lot of effort. For now like Met and TWD and others I just attenuated the call outs to a barely can hear it status and turned the music up. Much better.

#3797 4 years ago

To Mr. Ritchie thank you sir for making a fantastic pin. Don't let Stern influence ur call outs, lets keep the game as joke free as possible.

#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

What do you mean by joke free I personally love the funny call outs

I know and thats ok, I like it to when its done well and fits the theme. BK3 was perfect call out wise for me before I installed .94 then tit became a little much, both in terms of quantity and humor. All I'm saying is I hope they don't turn it into a farce.

#3821 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Also, has anyone noticed that if you hit the right flipper button a little bit, only the bottom flipper triggers? I wonder if that was by design or a bug.

Thats been true of multi flipper games for decades.

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

medieval to futuristic. That's what turned me off the new game.

Its futuristic? I had no idea.

Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro a worhty player or is prem must have?

More than worth it but if u have doubts u need to wait and try both then decide. I went Pro strictly out of my dislike for Upper PFs and after trying an LE I'm happy with my choice.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Sandworms creatures??

Yeah but it isn't Dune and aren't Sandworm creatures timeless? Hey I hope it is futuristic really I guess I don't care either way and I would love a Dune pin. To some of the JJP dicks on this site who think I hate the company, Dune would be a perfect theme for them to do and I would be a buyer. So put that in ur pipe and suckle.

dune_movie_poster_cast_artwork (resized).jpgdune_movie_poster_cast_artwork (resized).jpg
#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Premium is where it is at Pro is a Dud.

I prefer the pro can't we be happy that both exist and not have to compare the 2?

#3897 4 years ago

This has become my favorite pinball machine to date. I would love more in this style, the simplicity and speed, quick games but adrenalin rush up the ying yang. I enjoy deeper games aswell but this is it. Its like a Sys 11 on steriods.

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Yea I think this is an area where the game is sorely lacking. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'finishing animation' a'la Deadpool's Final Shot that really lets you know a mode has been completed/beaten.

That along with the power jackpot features that seem unused on the display seem to be some of the bigger issues that need some attention on the game.

Hopefully by the time the game is finished its all there. I agree there should be a final shot animation. Its still early in the code.

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I have to disagree Evan I personally got bored of the premium just kept sending it up to top it made the game really long playing and easy. I also noticed during retro mode cradle two balls on the left and with your right flipper just keep sending the ball up to to make loops for like four million which becomes really easy.

Agree 100% its cool to love the Pre but to say the pro isn't near the same quality of game is in a word. Horseshit

1 week later
#3943 4 years ago

Man this pin is just amazing, the music, modes, speed. What a great multiplayer pin. I honestly have never been so into a game before. As great as a deep, 4 flipper loaded pin can be and I do need both this thing really is exactly what I love about pinball. Heres to hoping Stern makes a least one game a year in this style with a good theme, I'm thinking Hmmmmmm Motorhead.

2 weeks later
#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I tried the pro, but thought it was an empty disaster.

I think u thought that before u played the Pro, which is amazing by the way. A relentless fury of pinball action with the battling of beasts and a custom thrash metal soundtrack. As fun as a hooker on the 4th of July. No idea what that means but I've always deeply believed in it.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

My problem with the pro is Steve could have easily put in two ramps to substitute for the upper playfield, which would have made it amazing,

Well who could argue with that, 2 ramps on the Pro would have been fantastic yet I'm don't seem to be missing it either. Strange. When I first walked up to BK3 pro at that Pin store I thought man this is pretty barren but after a game or 2 I was sold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.