(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,998 posts
  • 616 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by Chalkey
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (6 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (6 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (6 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (6 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (6 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (6 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (6 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

When SG bought WMS in 2013, it was a whole owned subsidiary until 2016, when it was completely absorbed into SG. A quick trip over to SG website shows WMS as a label only...and not under Bally, but side by side.
https://www.sggaming.com/

You're gonna use website layout as the citation for the legal entities and internal structure of a company... against the guy who actually interfaces with the humans and legal contracts in said organization?

#194 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

following me around and downvoting any post I make.

Don't flatter yourself. But if you had a problem you could have taken it to PM.

Back on topic - good to see PPS called out the bunkus too

#197 6 months ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm trying to understand why would they not use Texas as to launch?

20+ munsters to be shipped and sold... check
how many BlackKnights do you think are ready to ship yet?

Why compete in a crowded market for attention when you already have the event centered around munsters? the VIP event, celebrities, etc

#235 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I agree. Give there were a boatload there, I suppose they need to sell a few.

The Marco games were all pre-sold...

#278 6 months ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Besides announced doesn't even mean shipping this year, although i hope so.

he also said they are avoiding announcing a game before it's shipping. Hence his lead in to YBR being ready to ship the following week.

#1085 6 months ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The spinning mech in the Knight's hand appears to be 2 connected spinning balls that will be smacking the game balls with force quite regularly. I suspect that owners of this game will need to check their pinballs for damage more frequently than other games as a result. Heck they will need to check the balls on the mech too to make sure they are not chipped which would cause faster wear on the game balls. I am still almost certainly going to be buying a Premium but it is something to keep in mind.

The balls smack each other all the time... like in the trough... in multiball.. etc

The whole area around the flail is covered in metal to protect the softer wood PF.

#1332 6 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Guess the only LE I will ever own is a used HUO

The better way anyway... why play the lottery when you can wait, and maybe for a little more pick a known winner.

#1348 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll be interested to see how that spinning mech on the BK will hold up. That is a lot of force and leverage being placed on him. I could be wrong, but in the promo video, if you look closely, it appears there is some wobble on that part as it is spinning already. But given George's experience with design and building toys, I would think it should be pretty stout...

They have mechanical engineers on every project to handle these things. Designers come up with the game concepts - the engineers make them real.

Besides... these are two balls hitting each other.. which means it's the most optimal shape you can possible have to minimize risk of 'slams' vs sliding. It also has sprung mounts which also take any impact energy. It's also unlikely the plastic toy supports the bracket and shaft at all.. so it's more about having a big mass out over a long shaft. I would expect a beefy bracket that serves as the base for both the rotating shaft, and the shaft supporting the shield.

I think the shield one stands at more risk than the rotating one..

#1624 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Power" and "super" modes always come across as filler modes in my opinion and are a grind as they have the player hitting the same shot over and over again. It's a way to artificially inflate the number of modes in the game and avoid coding more interactive modes.

or they are ways to have features that don't monopolize the game. Features that overlay and allow more than single tracking. They allow you to do things without requiring everything go through a 'start mode' gate.

Loop Jackpots is a great example of this...

Not every game should be 'make sure you complete these 32 modes'.. nor is every game trying to fake it has so many modes.

#1672 6 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm curious about the ball lock on the upper playfield.
Someone posted that they thought the lock was fed from a VUK. I figured you just shoot the balls up there from the flipper and they lock. Does that ramp act as a normal ramp at times?
It's a different looking mechanism for sure and I look forward to seeing how it functions.

It's a vertical U shot. The locks sit above the chute you shoot into. If lock is lit, ball rides up the back and comes back to the lock lane above. If lock isn't lit, it looks like that chute is diverted to the exit to the right which acts kinda like a mini orbit.

#1706 6 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I don't think they would do that. I'm betting it's real. Can't wait to see it.

he did say BK... not which black knight game....

so you could be watching the original BK

#2153 6 months ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

My point is that I want to look at this thread because I'm interested in the game. I think I was pretty clear when I asked specifically about the moderation of this forum. If this is how things go around here, then fair enough.

Use the report link... or start a moderator feedback thread if you want a discussion on the matter.

#2376 6 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t consider Metallica death metal. Iron Maiden maybe. But IM playfield was so good many overlooked the music even if they didn’t care for it.
But maybe I’m wrong.

yeah... 2 for 2 so far. Iron Maiden is nothing near 'death metal'...

#2401 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Looks very fun except looks like you can play with one flipper and use the left to hold extra balls.
I wish the leftmost shot was a ramp instead of VUK.

That's pretty much BK2000 in a nutshell... and why decades later it's generally poo'd on even tho it has great backglass, music, and callouts. In its time, it was a rush... but as games became wider and deeper... the shallowness of BK2000's play is exposed.

It's really down to the software to make you want to shoot from the left..

To me the big disappointment was the upper PF. Hopefully as they utilize the loop it will become more interesting.. but very little nudge/bounce action along the front from losing the war rollovers.. the other targets from the big assembly didn't seem interesting to the players.. and it looks like the flipper and ball speed is just too fast for that size of space. Will have to see how that plays in person.. but the stream really was deflating for me.

The animations were excellent... the music sounds great.. the flail lane looks incredible.. but will have to see how interesting it is to do things in real time.

#2444 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'll do you one better - GIFs, no link necessary
The Knight motion, especially the walking in the ball lock - is fluid and looks motion captured:
[quoted image]
The character vignettes, however have a stop motion hand-animated/Skullmonkeys look to them that clashes with the knight parts visually:
[quoted image]
This one, ESPECIALLY reminds me of stop motion animation games:
[quoted image]
Neither style is BAD, they just don't go together well. Should have gone with one or the other, not both.

Or... the undead move different than the living?

1 week later
#3050 5 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So for those who played the game:
I'm (just by looking at the specs) a bit bummed that the Black Knight toy doesn't shake (like the Vengeance f.e.).
(So ist misses some direct interactivity if you just hit the target beneath it.)
The toys has a lot of other cool features tough.
So my question is...
...does the Black Knight toy seem lacking or is it awesome as it is?

It's cool. The flail is great, the shield is... and the lighting in the head is a nice touch. His mouth lighting is actually color matched to the mode/action as well.

The knight is fine. The negatives to me are the main shots are all in this cluster in the middle... and right now there seems to be little to no incentive to shoot anywhere else unless in the modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside