(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That's high if it's the disto's price.

Stern website has $5999, $7599, and $8999. I'm guessing $5799 and $7499 and $8999 are pretty normal. (LE's don't usually get discounted)

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I was comparing it to my distro's quote.

You should share your distro then so others can benefit as well from the lower prices.

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Please don't do this. Then the distributor gets burned by Stern and everyone loses. Take it to PM!

Ah I didn't think of that!

#769 5 years ago

The game looks cool hopefully it will be at MGC in a couple weeks. Would be nice to play it.

#800 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

JJP should be thanking Stern for this release. It's taking attention away from the WOZ YBR mess. And that is making this Premium look like a bargain.

On the other hand looks like JJP is gearing up to announce WW at MGC in 2 weeks.

But anyways, back to the cool looking BKSoR

#803 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Almost all "original themes" in pinball are really just "IP-free themes". MM is Holy Grail, AFM is a 50's sci-fi, NGG is Caddyshack, etc...
Where you get into trouble are original themes that are TOO original and have no frame of reference for the player. Junkyard is a great example. There's literally a blueprint on the PF explaining what the concept is - oops!
DI is the same thing. They'd have fared better if the game was visually a blatant SimCity ripoff. Would appear derivative but people would have immediately understood the concept, especially considering Lawlor's history of "disaster" pins.
BKSOR - the cab with the sword swipe and blood is the best! The one with just the sword... Meh.

Totally agree on the cab.

#862 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is kind of a no-brainer for me. However, this would be the first Stern Spike game for me, and I am not super thrilled about that.

Why’s that?

#880 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I have owned a Stern SAM FGY for 10 years. Minimal maintenance with a fair amount of play. No experience with SPIKE, but there is a lot of node board anxiety floating around here to make me only a cautious believer in the board set. But you got to buy one to know, so this may be me jumping into the new Stern pool with a life preserver that has a hole in it.

Hmm interesting. Good to know. I do have a spike game (GotG). Haven’t had it long.

#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Lost me after this. I'm sure there are other Christians who are equally offended by this. This happens way too often on here.
If you don't like the following response, then refrain from using my savior's name in vain.

So, people should not speak their minds so as to not offend you? Guess what, if you choose not to let it offend you, you take away its power to offend.

#1158 5 years ago

Anyone else going to be at MGC? Sounds like they will have pro version on hand to play as well as prototype premium version.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

If someone brings up religion into a pinball forum in an offensive way, I'm glad you support my right to speak my mind and respond, regardless if it offends the likes of you. Thank you.
Can we move on now?

I was not offended by you or your post, and nowhere did I say I was? You are the one who was offended. Your post confuses me very much. You tried to use your "I'm offended" to silence others based upon your religion.

#1179 5 years ago

You sir, win the forum today.

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I stopped with PBL when they started delivering rusty balls. A couple posts above says they're seeing disco-balled PBL pinballs, too. So, thanks but no thanks.

I've been using Ball Baron. Seems decent?

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might give that a try, but you have to stay away from the chrome ones since they magnetize too much.

I get the carbon ones since most of my games have magnets.

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Its actually up to people buying them from Marco to setup at the show. If I can figure out whether I want a pro or prem soon enough, I might have to use the show deal to get one.

Only pros will be available for purchase by MGC. There will be prototype premiums to play at MGC.

#1306 5 years ago

If anyone still looking for an LE, I'm 99% certain Zach at flipnout pinball has one pre order spot left. Can't go wrong with Zach! 847.778.4876

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He got my order. And the order after that and the order after that....

Looks like you and I are also in the same line on the upcoming JJP release too

#1626 5 years ago

I like JJP, Stern, CGC games and many others. Should I have my head checked?

#1758 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

April fools day: dumbest day on the planet.
By far.

This

#1808 5 years ago

So to sum up today’s thread activity:

People got upset at someone who couldn’t take an April fools joke, which ironically was also just another April fools joke. So they did the very thing they were upset about someone else doing in the first place.

I love the internet

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You think you will be less frustrated with JJP
[quoted image]

Hmm this post isn't about price. Shocking.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzrPOLHVvr/
I see Stern are definitely trying harder on the video/animations from this time around.

That looks great!

#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully they will have a Premium/LE at both Deadflip and MGC the way they revealed The Munsters a while back. BK without upper playfield is not BK...

MGC will have pro and premium available to play.

#2069 5 years ago

Did I stumble into the wonka thread? Isn't this a BK thread? Why bring another game into it?

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

New thread filter option:
Allow JJP owners? Yes/No

Because people only own or like pins from one manufacturer.

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It seems like Stern might be changing up their production order for BKSoR. Normally would be Pros and then LEs and then more Pros and then Prems on the line.
I think they (correctly?) are anticipating a higher than usual demand for Prems since most people equate BK with an upper pf.
This is great news for me, currently on the list for a Prem!

Pros are still being made first. We were able to buy a pro through the MGC show deal but not premium or LE since those aren’t being made yet.

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure but there’s at least one Premium on the line now! Normally wouldn’t be for another month or more.

Oh really? They said only prototype premiums would be available at MGC for play.

#2101 5 years ago

Buffalo is streaming gameplay Tuesday right? Anyone know which version? Premium I hope.

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Black Knight's flaming balls or Wonka's. End of discussion.[quoted image]

He’s got big balls, and she’s got big balls...

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

It won’t be fun to watch. There will most likely be one prototype Wonka that isn’t going to exactly match the production models that ,maybe, get shipped next year, with a slightly long sad line of people waiting to play it.

This is the opposite of what is actually happening with WWCF.

But this is a BK thread so let’s keep on topic about BK.

#2136 5 years ago

Crazy thought: people can like both stern and JJP

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Stream is AMAZING, They are going to play an LE after the pro....

Premium, not LE

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Animations look so bad. They look like PS 2 quality.

I thought it was just me.

But, it's an art style that can fit the theme so I wouldn't say it's "bad". It's like a late 90s or early 2000s retro animation.

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

They just said on the stream they will be playing an LE next...

Oh I must have missed where they said LE. The first time they said premium.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Have to disagree, they look by far and away better than any pinball out there. And no photoshopped actors being swiped in, amazing!

I disagree there. I'd say the animations are the best I've seen from stern so far, but not better than anything else out there. But still overall quite good.

#2267 5 years ago

Excited to play the premium at MGC this weekend. Between this and the JJP one, the wife and I are pretty psyched to get to play two brand new pins.

#2271 5 years ago

Hhaha omg the classic mode/sound is epic.

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hope the premium/le really adds something cool..

The pro gameplay seemed to get stale rather quickly. I think it's great on location/route but I think the premium/LE will be better at home.

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Looks like tight shots, lots of brick shots. AKA Houdini?????

Yea it looked similar to guardians. A bit tighter and challenging for sure. Though I don't think anything is as "tight/off" as houdini

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Going with Premium. Tried to get LE but my guy only had so many.

Contact Zach at Flip N Out he had one LE spot left.

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I am not yet convinced I want to listen to the thuppida thuppida thuppida drums and squeeling guitar riffs the entire time I play the game, that feels like it could get old fast. I like the new take on the old BK2K theme, but the new soundtrack was getting on my nerves pretty quick. Brutal? yeah to my ears... I liked the game flow, the animations were cool, the flow through the machine nice, a lot of BK DNA is in the mix on the LE/Prem. The Flail reject is brutal from right flipper, but so is the shield from left. Short table game better be on point. That upper pf works just like the old BK2k, bumping it as it comes around from the left to pitch it into the flipper... the six ball MB was cool, I would be shooting for that all the time.
Nice game, I like the design, but the music went just to too far off the BK2K rails for me. Maybe I will pick up a Premium on the secondary market when someone gets tired of the heavy metal meltdown soundtrack.
Maybe it needs an adjustment in the menu for music...My Little Pony, Easy Listening, Hard Rock, and the default Face-melting Heavy Metal Ear Canal Nuclear Assault...

Yea I don’t get the heavy metal choice. The demographic of your average pinballer is probably not a heavy metal fan lol.

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

And that folks is known as a backhanded compliment

A3C243B9-BC60-4E64-B2D6-1215815C935B (resized).jpegA3C243B9-BC60-4E64-B2D6-1215815C935B (resized).jpeg
#2349 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

As are most modern pinball themes TWD GOT DI are not but Munster IM WW all dated

Nothing wrong with a dated theme IMO.

#2353 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe not for newb mllenials and basement-dwellers. But for the average pinball buyer it's just fine.

I was referring to the age 35-55 demographic. I don’t think many of them care for heavy metal? Maybe I’m wrong though? I’m 39 and no thanks. The only people I know that like it these days are 20 something year olds.

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

I’m 43 and still love metal. Since 8th grade. Also the fact that Metallica and Iron Maiden are well received and sold well seems to not agree with your view.

I don’t consider Metallica death metal. Iron Maiden maybe. But IM playfield was so good many overlooked the music even if they didn’t care for it.

But maybe I’m wrong.

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

35-55 IS the Metal age bracket. 100% of everyone in that age bracket listen to Metal. Anybody claiming different were cloned and are made of wax

I’m in that bracket as are many friends. We like Metallica, GNR, etc but not heavy metal or really closer to “death” metal I guess you’d call it.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not maybe, u are wrong. Heavy Metal was huge in the 80's and was the birth decade of thrash and Death Metal etc. so a teenage fan in 85 is what almost 50 now. I'm 44 and am loving every minute it. Theres TNA if ur into the whole Polish Disco thing.

Good points.

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What? how long have u been hearing impaired sir.

Maybe death metal is what I mean. I’m using the wrong term here. BK sounds closer to death metal to me. It was super repetitive too.

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I want to say things, but I'm just out of replies, this post short circuited my brain and I need to let it reboot.

I used the wrong term. Fixed. See above.

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

GNR is not Heavy Metal to me, but old Metallica anyway is Thrash Metal. Ah who cares anyway. As good as the soundtrack is for this game I would still love a full blown Death Metal or maybe all Slayer soundtrack.

Yea I think I was using wrong term. Heavy metal, thrasher metal, death metal etc.

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wrong again. Man ur batting 1000 tonite. This is Death Metal

I’m sorry lol!!

I love Metallica, but don’t care for IMDN or the BK music. I assumed they were different genres.

#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

37 yr old Metallica, Iron Maiden owner. Going to see Maiden this summer. Met Metallica last year. Try again.

Catch up, we are past this. :p

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry, I guess I missed the part where you took back your wildly inaccurate statement

It was wildly inaccurate. And I apologize for it.

1 week later
#2856 5 years ago

Played the game a bunch this weekend at MGC. I actually liked the pro better. The upper PF on the premium was not very good, and after a handful of games I found it something I was trying to avoid rather than trying to get to, outside of the 6 ball multiball. The game is definitely challenging and punishes you for missing shots. But when you do hit shots they are smooth. The flow is broken up by the constant bricking of shots though. Overall I had fun on the pro, not as much the premium. I'm not a fan of the music so it's not the pin for me, but I thought the old timey PS3 like animations were perfect and fit the theme quite well. I thought the knight toy LED light with him talking was really cool, but his flail sort of felt more annoying than fun?

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This is my main concern-damn one guy says smooth flowing game and another says flow broken up by constant brick shots. I will be playing this game in the near future, but does anyone else have some feedback on overall flow? Getting multiple opinions on flow?

It’s just a challenging game is all.

#2887 5 years ago

Love the IMDN pinball machine, except the music. We don't care for Iron Maiden music at all, and it's the one thing that prevents us from buying one. Someday, I might buy one and change the soundtrack on it myself, ala cleland type mod, because the playfield and gameplay is that fun, it would be worth the time to do.

#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

FWIW Iron Maiden is consistently at top 3 machine at the location I regularly play at month after month. Usually in the #2 spot behind Star Wars.
And this is in a lineup that includes Guardians, Metallica, Simpsons, AC/DC, JJP Pirates, KISS and Ghostbusters.

That doesn't surprise me - on location you can't really hear the music anyways, so even people who aren't IM fans will play it. Like me and my wife. Because the gameplay is awesome!

#2914 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

The music is loud and proud at this location my friend. And it starts to grow on you the more you play the game. Great music to play pinball to and it really fits the 'feel' of the gameplay.

Hey agree to disagree, it's just personal music tastes! Lots of metal bands I'm a fan of, just IM not for me. I'm glad it does well for you on location!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 16.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.