(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,956 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 418 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg
dune_movie_poster_cast_artwork (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (3 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (3 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (3 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (3 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (3 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (3 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (3 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (3 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (3 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (45 days ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (27 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone heard of a possible release date?

A few weeks after announcement is standard for Stern. Wonder how many people will try to MGC Show deal one.

#146 3 months ago

Shoot for the 'nads target!

#153 3 months ago

Way to re-post a picture on the same page, guy.

#504 3 months ago

How's this for picky? - I like the Pro cabinet side and the premium BG and head side.

#538 3 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looks like Planetary Pinball is getting paid on this one.

What? Why? PP just licenses the WMS stuff, they don't own it. Stern is also licensing it - from "Williams Electronic Games", not PP.

#570 3 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

This is a really cool experiment for Stern. A new pin that is not based on a movie, TV show, comic book, or a band - but pre-existing original pinball IP. I really wonder how this will affect their decisions on future themes if this does well for them.

I'd love to see an updated Seawitch with the Beatles PF. Then they could get more cash out of that design time too.

#585 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just a curiosity... besides on the artwork, are there (is there) any sword(s) in the game?
Would be a nice tie in to the name.

Interesting point. BK: Sword of Rage ... Character in game holds mace(*).

* I guess this is a sticky point, the BG art on the PRO/LE shows a flail (with chain) but the in game one is more solid like a mace. Whatever the case, it's not a sword.

#589 3 months ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Can we pause for a second and take a moment to realize what a momentous occasion this is? Pinball is now doing well enough that Stern is able to produce an original theme for the first time in like 29 years. With talented artists such as Zombie Yeti and Dirty Donny at the helm, we could enter another golden Era where original artwork is back on original themed games. I hope they sell the hell out of this so they see that we don't always need/ want to see a photo shopped image of a movie character or band members face. It's nice to have actual artwork and original music. This is a huge day for pinball across the world. Hopefully we'll see more in the 2019-2029 decade and it will be remembered as the second golden Era of original games.

I wouldn't hitch up to that wagon just yet. This is huge with enthusiasts, but I'm not sure ops are going to jump as hard where they have to count on casual public interest to put money in games. Maybe it will work like you hope, but that's still a long stretch at this point.

#621 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Wouldn't be Black Knight if you used the left flipper.

This is only true of BK2K, man. Original Black Knight use the left upper for locks and the left lower was just as good for getting back to the top. ... Man.

#623 3 months ago

If all your lockdown bars have a button in the middle, you only have to order one kind of lockdown bar. Guess they couldn't come up with some other use for that button in this game, so they're using it for magna save rather than add a button.

#626 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do feel the pro is legit bogus. That is such a huge difference in gameplay that they shouldn't even be named the same game.

This is hilarious. Does this angle come from "well I actually *WANT* this game, so *NOW* the pro/premium model is a tragedy" ? GOT missing the upper playfield, munsters missing the lower playfield -- same deal. Money has to come out somewhere.

#637 3 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Did you not see their logo at the end of the promo vid

Oh. I wonder if because PPS got 'exclusive' rights for physical pinball/parts originally they get a cut.

#1751 3 months ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Jack just out up a video saying he is Heading to Stern to Stream it.

He said he was headed to Stern to work out the logistics - still probably an April Fools gag.

#1985 3 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Did anyone hear if the six ball multiball feature will happen regardless of model or only with physical ball lock on prem/le?

The 6 ball multiball is actually the stacking of the two 3 ball multiballs. Not possible on the pro.

#2004 3 months ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don’t ever question epthegeek. He is never wrong. Because he is right.

lolwut ?

#2501 3 months ago
Quoted from CraigC:

the black knight speach needs to be amped up.

I feel like they need to be re-edited. Not sure how exactly to quantify it, but they don't sound like the black knight. Like, the wrong computer effects were used or something. It just sounds ... different. Too tinny maybe. I'm not sure. But you get what I mean, Right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 7,499.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside