(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah sorry guys, was just told it is Scott Ian, not KK. At first I heard all Slayer soundtrack. And that. Would. Blow. My mind. But don't think it is. This is why I'll never be one of the cool kids.

Only thing about Scott is... He's not a lead guitarist... He's a good songwriter and a very good rhythm guitarist. But, he never should have let Paul Crook leave the band... But, Meat Loaf offered him a lot of money...
Also, I think it was a mistake that they let Jon Bush leave, he didn't want to but felt disrespected. But, the silver lining is. Armored Saint is back in full force. And so you have classic Anthrax lineup albeit a bit old and creaky sounding, and vintage Armored Saint lineup. And Saint can still deliver.

On a pinball note... I have no desire to own this pin... Not yet at least... But, I'm super excited to play it in person. Looks cool, and looks like it could be fun... And if I ever get a Swords of Fury.. This might look great next to it. But, then I'd have to get a black night... And I've never seen one that plays good in person. Played 3 of them. And only one of them played somewhat decent.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Firepower is on constantly here dude. Talk about an impeccable return to form...
GREAT album.

Thought you didn't like it man. You said it was low rated.
As I told you. Who gives a crap about critics. I know what my ears like.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Whaa? You sure you got the right guy? Cause I don't think ya do. I bought it for myself for Christmas and it's been on repeat (with Wormrot) nonstop since then. Also...I have never, ever, given a flyin fuck about a "critic". You got me mixed up bruh. I would never say something like that.

Well, I have the album in my top 5 priest albums.
I actually just relistened to most of their catalog, save for most live albums. I have to go through it again. But, I rediscovered some fine gems that I missed in my youth.
Current top 5 albums are Stained Class, Screaming For Vengeance, Painkiller, Firepower, and Defenders of the Faith... British Steel is my 6th favorite album. I just re-listened to Defenders and I was surprised it never caught on for me till now. I was stupid in my youth.
I admit I don't like Sad Wings... Studio recording is awful... But, live it kicks butt!!!!! Ripper off unleashed in east is AMAZING. Hell Bent for Leather is okay, and Point of Entry is just bland. Not bad, just bland. I think the best song off that album re-release was the bonus track that they recorded during either defenders or turbo... Can't remember which album.
But, yeah... Firepower is a great album. My favorite album of last year... And let me tell you. Michael Schenker released an album, and I thought that would have been my hands down favorite, and it was a very, very good one. Just the guitar tone and riffs and licks on firepower are amazing. Band sounded more energized than ever. Same for Halford.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Uhhh...
I missed yer "oh man that wasn't you LOL!" post and...you have a sixth favorite album?

Sorry to have you confused with another person mate.
And those weren't my favorite albums. Just my favorite Priest albums...

But Stained Class is in my top 5 favorite metal albums ever.
For that. It's Chemical Wedding, Holy Diver, Stained Class, Symbol of Salvation, Operation Mindcrime.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn. Chemical Wedding that high? I'll be honest, I've never heard any of Bruce's solo stuff. Guess I will now, be buyin this soon.

Holy Diver was my favorite metal album from like age 6-7 till the release of Chem Wedd in 1998. To me there is not one wrong note. Every riff is perfect and Bruce's vocals are intense, and venomous, but also dramatic and soaring. The album loosely has a concept and it works both as single songs or as one big masterpiece together. Just an intense in your face heavy metal album, but its not pretentious. He's not trying to be hard. He knows he's metal. And just the guitar tones of both Roy Z and Adrian Smith... Amazing... He knows when to slow the album down and ramp it back up, and I think the lyrics are the all time smartest lyrics in heavy metal history. But, I love Blake-ian and macabre themes. And Adrian Smith's solo on Gate's of Urizen if one of his all time best. It harkens back to the beauty that is his Evil That Men Do solo, and his stranger in the strange Land solo. He isn't flashy. He plays the right notes at the right time, for the right impact. And man... Such sustain and beauty in that solo.
The album as I said is brillantly paced, but you go through all the emotions. He takes you on a wondrous journey. And too many metal bands just focus on being hard and loud. He'll slow it down, and that makes it all the better for when he goes fast and loud again.
I'll admit I don't know where I'd put Piece of Mind and Powerslave and Seventh Son(my favorite maiden album)... As I forbide myself of including Maiden albums in my top 20 lists of metal albums... I'm too biased... But, I think if I did... Only Seventh Son would crack my personal top 5...
But, yeah... Bruce's solo stuff is some of thee very best metal from the 90s.
I'd put Accident of Birth in the top 20 for sure. A flawed but still amazing masterpiece of an album.

#861 5 years ago

So, I think the best art package is the LE. Which is cool. And then I'd go with the Pro art package as the second best, and the Prem as the worst. To me this is a bummer, as I can't really afford all the LE's... And I don't want a pro version. But, realistically I won't buy this game anytime soon, if ever... But, I am still excited for this game. It looks amazing. And I hope a few places around me will have it, and I hope to play this at the expos I'll be going to. This game looks really cool. And if it is in fact cool... Well, it might convince me to buy it.
This game might have it all. Killer soundtrack, killer art, killer gameplay, and possibly killer animations and callouts... And that toy looks KILLER! Man, this could really be a special game.
Hope the code is good. I personally don't want a too deep or too shallow game. Just the right complexity. Cos I thought Star Wars was just too complex for my taste. Again my taste... We'll see more... Super excited.

2 weeks later
#2796 5 years ago

I just got back from MGC. I was able to play a whole bunch of games over two days on Black Knight Swords of Rage... Sadly I only played on the Pro model... The game really blew me away. I love this game!!!!!! It's fast, it has amazing artwork, good music, great animations and really is everything I want in a pinball machine. So, before MGC I was leaning more towards possibly getting a Munsters early next year, but then I saw this release and it caught my eye.
I was able to play both this and Munsters(both pro and prem), and I must say this BKSR kicks Munsters butt. Amazing toy. Fun fast games. Just really wowed me.
While I felt underwhelmed by Munsters. The lower playfield just felt too gimmicky and didn't shoot very well. So while I think the concept is cool. The whole game was a bit of a pass for me. Its a game I'd definitely play on location. But, right now with my limited money and even more limited space in my home, I rather have a BKSR.
And I also think Pro model is the way to go. I just don't think you're missing much not having the upperplayfield. I also think while the LE has the best art package, the Pro has the second best package as the Prem package just isn't my cup of tea.
But, man o man what a great game. I can't believe how much fun it is to play. Lots of modes two. And I love the devil hand mode... Its a lot like a painting I made a long time ago.

IMG-20130518-00072 (resized).jpgIMG-20130518-00072 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.