(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Now that's a fuckin' teaser baby!!!!

Extra kudos for waitin till today just to piss off everybody who had a TPF ticket.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I see it's licensed from Williams. I was wondering how Stern was going to navigate the IP complications if this one was going to come to fruition.

In retrospect I guess not too tough.

I really thought they wouldn't pony up but I clearly was wrong. Probably still much cheaper than your usual Hollywood/rock band IP.

And yes I would have paid $30 to get that info 45 seconds sooner. It sucks being left out!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's Kerry King. I knew about this last week like a lot us, but didn't run my mouth off about it as to not piss off my source.
Also....SUPER STOKED!

SICK

Maybe he'll sneak the Fight for your Right solo in there.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Please tell me Sword of Rage means the Black Knight is fighting the SOF adventurers.

Considering that Steve Ritchie considers SOF to be one of the worst games produced at Williams during his tenure I'd consider that unlikely.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sweet! Hope Lyman is on code.

Will you please stop saying that? It's like your new "where are the toys?"

IT'S NOT LYMAN.

It's Tim Sexton. For the 500th time.

Steve even said that during the seminar everybody hated!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Hopefully it's not a snooze fest like BK2K
Ritchie has been doing some interesting upper playfield designs for years (WPT, Elvis, GoT), but it'll all depend on code...

Maybe it'll be pinball's first quad level playfield?!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

someone must emerge from the shadows to battle quad-assembly

Will Lyman be coding at least one of the four playfields?!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ok cool. Guess what Levi, you don't need to be an ass and be rude about it.

You've been told this many times and at a point it starts to sound insulting to the people actually coding the game. But sorry I suppose it's possible you hadn't noticed. I'm sure Tim will code a great game for you.

#118 5 years ago

yeah nobody cares about that any more. You got any more leaked 2nd gen screen pics?!?!

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is that a giant Black Knight bash toy in the middle?

I doubt it. Can't think of a SR game with a bash toy. More like a cool 3D figure on top of a plastic/standup

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has anyone heard of a possible release date?

This is Stern bro, so use your imagination. Probably shipping within a week or two as always.

LE/Premium a couple months down the line.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A few weeks after announcement is standard for Stern. Wonder how many people will try to MGC Show deal one.

If it's anything like Maiden people will be bringing these home from MGC.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So the Star Wars Tie Fighter.
Hey honey, come look at this toy on a spring!

It doesn't look like a toy on a spring from that 2nd gen screen capture.

Also stop telling your wife to come look at your games she doesn't care.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah sorry guys, was just told it is Scott Ian, not KK. At first I heard all Slayer soundtrack. And that. Would. Blow. My mind. But don't think it is. This is why I'll never be one of the cool kids.

Well now I want it to be KK!

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Me too.
Helluva consolation prize though.

Will someone just unleash a goddamn Judas Priest or Sabbath game already?!

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dio you got that apology ready yet?
I'll wait.

Never doubt the metal bones in gryszzz body!!

I vote BK3. It’s the shortest.

#297 5 years ago

Normally I'd say stay on topic but this game is obviously gonna be metal so I think it's fair game

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#397 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

I have a original BK & can't wait to see this game in the flesh, but Gee we have only seen a quick vid teaser & already the hype train is nearly @ full speed.

I think it's easy for people to get hyped when a Stern is announced because they know they'll probably be playing it within a month and it's easy to get carried away. So far that's only true for Stern games.

#426 5 years ago

Much better than the past few quick trailers.

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The upper playfield loop is what black knight is known for. Buying a pro would be like buying a car with square wheels, just doesn’t fit. This may be my first nib ever. Could Stern have done something right for the first time ever. Looks amazing.

If what Stern has been doing for 30 years is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

McDonald's has been serving people since 1955. Doesn't mean their product is any good.

As usual you misunderstand me.

My point is that Stern has done plenty "right" in the past 30 years, as opposed to FINALLY getting something right with BK3. Surely you'd agree?

Come on Dirt! Get on the bandwagon!

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Suit of armor for the stream?

LMAO

Good luck playing pinball in that thing but I'd love to see it.

I'm sure you'll smell great!

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Tim has a really good grasp on what makes good pinball rules because he's a good pinball player and a rules guy. I have faith he will deliver on that end, so that's at least promising.

That's cool but is Lyman coding it?!?!

#781 5 years ago

It just wouldn't a thread if it didn't devolve quickly into JJP vs. Stern!

#1138 5 years ago

Yikes!!!

It's getting pretty beefy in here all of a sudden!

#1354 5 years ago

I know you guys are just beefing but for real, these people need to start announcing games and shipping them 2 weeks later like Stern (and even JJP this time with YRB).

We've seen this many, many times...a reveal followed by months of nothing while Stern games grab all the sales.

#1603 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Whenever I see a bunch of "super" or "power" modes offered on a $6k-$9k pin I can't help but to cringe.

Ladies and gents I think I have a new favorite all time Panzer post!

It’s like...so ridiculous you can’t even argue about it.

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With you being a Stern fanboy I wouldn't expect you to be able to! Guess I just expect more from a $6k-$9k pinball purchase then 6 main modes and a bunch of generic super modes. My mistake for bringing up any criticism about the game. Best to just give my $6k-$9k and not question anything!

Wtf are you talking about?

Your complaints are meaningless and have no substance. It’s like complaining about hurry ups or double jackpots, or whining about double bonus.

“All filler! Jjp would never do that!”

Someone give this man some toys so he can go to his happy place

Not everybody wants to argue about JJp vs. Stern but you crowbar it into every single thread you infect. I don’t think you even know what you are arguing about anymore, you are just operating on same base animal involuntary level.

“Super spinner!!! Stern strikes again! You’ll never see that on Willy Wonka!!!”

#1621 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you actually read my posts you would have read that I said JJP games have done this as well. I was just expressing my opinion of not being a fan of super modes. Instead you call me names and insult me, grow up. Your regular and insulting attitude is a cancer to this site. If you don't like someone's opinion you insult them, call them names and or act like a smart ass. Come on dude.

You are complaining about the software on a game you haven’t played yet or even seen on stream and saying it isn’t befitting of a “6-9k pinball machine.”

Do you ever turn it off, even for like 10 minutes? This game will be out soon enough and then you can complain to your heart’s content without seeming absolutely ridiculous. Just be patient.

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

"15 Pinsiders have this game (LE) in their collection"
Some people are seriously jumping the gun.
It doesnt count until it's in the door and plugged in.

It doesn't?

When people order a game from Stern they generally actually get it, within weeks or max a couple months.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

By paying it you've earned the right to brag about it!

That's true! And it never backfires with Stern.

I remember people will still calling themselves "Magic Girl Owners" till the bitter end when they finally accepted they owned nothing besides a several thousand dollar loss.

#1757 5 years ago

April fools day: dumbest day on the planet.

By far.

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But the artwork has the black knight brandishing it?

Not every sword is a sword of rage!!!

That could well just be his normal afternoon sword.

#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

First off, Kaneda mentioned that, not me. I haven't played Wonka yet.
There's a reason why a majority of Stern's play faster, that's what will happen every time when you put a standard left and right ramp, 2 orbits, and very little else on the playfield to interact with the ball. Speed and basic rules are overrated in my opinion at today's all time high NIB prices and for me personally hitting standard ramps and orbits gets old quickly. I never think those games are not fun (they are), just that they are not worth the asking price. As an owner of all 4 JJP's current pins I don't view any of them as clunky and that each are capable of fast gameplay.
I'm looking forward to playing Black Knight Sword of Rage. The premium / LE playfield design looks cool and Stern seems to have finally stepped it up in the animation department which they desperately needed to do.
As a home buyer I want the toys, features, innovation, extremely deep and unique code, etc. Those are the types of games that I continue to buy and JJP is the only company consistently delivery those types of games. The last one Stern did is Ghostbusters and I'm still waiting for the code to be completed over 2 years later...

Didn’t you already tap out of this thread?

We seriously need a separate “panzer JJP vs. Everything” thread. At this point it’s beyond tiresome.

#2523 5 years ago

"virtual kickback" been a thing for many, many, many years. Like...I can easily trace it back to the Clinton years without even thinking.

It's also known as a "ball save."

Why are we complaining about this now?

#2560 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Scared Stiff. Originally designed physical and changed to virtual.

JM. NBA. Scared Stiff.

Where was the outrage in the 90s?!

#2568 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

It was quelled by the sweet sweet sound of real knockers knocking obviously

Monster bash - no knocker!!!

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pro is fun to shoot! Seriously!
Got 4 games in and watched ten more.
Art and light shows are really top notch. Two spinners is so much fun cause I love spinner shots!
The knight is cool but he needs more call outs and heckling to bring in some personality. Awesome toy if Tim can execute on the player insults and more variety of call outs. The knight needs to really feel alive !
First assessment is that if you like BK2K and GOT then you will like this game. There is no doubt that the pro is the way to go on this one. Upper pf is not as good as BK2K IMHO so I see no reason for it.
BK3000 pro will be a game that many buy and love is my guess. I was smiling big time and looking forward to what comes of the code on this. As always code will decide the fate in the long term, but this game has one of the best foundations of any game in the past five years from stern.
Art
Cool toy
Great recognizable theme and character
Cool custom tunes ( these are too metal for me but still neat to see and I know lots of metal heads buy and play pins)
Fun things to shoot with good physical challenges
Awesome light show

Damn Hilton! Get off your knees! Always shilling for Stern!!! I guess you are trying to line up a job interview?!

knee (resized).jpgknee (resized).jpg

#2844 5 years ago

BK3 is gonna be a kickass in your face thrill ride, like most Ritchie games.

If you can’t handle it step aside.

$5300 or so remains a bargain on a Stern pro, and by far the best deal in pinball.

#2865 5 years ago

PLayed it.

Love it!

Fast and furious and has personality. Kind of game of throney in the layout department. Love the orbit shots they are both smooth and different. THe left one is a perfect loop pass, the right one sends the ball down straight at fat part of flipper. I also like the far left orbit shot that's into a VUK like F-14.

Game isn't really bricky just the very center. outside shots nice and flowy. Love the flail ramp shot always satisfying. Love that your add a ball shot is an actual shot and not just a stand up or mystery award shot like every other game.

Only big miss is the magna save which is kind of pointless. It ain't 1980 anymore (or 1989 for that matter) and the game is just too fast for the magna save to be effective. For sure the lack of a third button doesn't help at all but even then it probably would only save the slowest of death arcs or bounce arounds. They should have saved a few bucks and just made it a "virtual" ball save you activate (though can you imagine the outrage here?). Or it could have been placed lower in the outlane and chucked the ball back up like Shadow?

One big plus at least (by subtraction) is that so far the action button does nothing except that one function. Fine with me I'm getting very sick of that feature when it's overdone.

All in a all fun fun fun! Stern pro remains the best deal by far in NIB pinball.

#2883 5 years ago

Everybody is shilling for everybody around here!

You gotta serve somebody...

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
ETA: I see what you mean now...magnet down low in the outlane and have it thrown up like hitting the sanctum lock...I originally thought you were talking about some magnet ball save in TS, and I was about to have an epiphany that I've been playing it without all the features ALL THESE YEARS!!!

Lol!
Yeah sorry about that. But shadow still awesome As is.

#2902 5 years ago

50,000 word salad nobody is reading followed by...

Quoted from drfrightner:

That is all I'm saying.

Am I the only one that kinda cracked up at that?

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

BTW, walked up to the new Black Knight game at the MGC show this weekend and went limp.

Well I played like 8 games last night and was rock hard the entire time, just throbbing with excitement!!! So I beg to differ.

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Cabinet needs a bell added inside that is programmed to award bonus time multiball to the winner, allowing him some victory laps and a chance to run up his final score.

This is a terrible idea. One of the worst features in pinball history.

I don't think you'll see a return of "bonus time" anytime soon.

#2939 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So having bonus time programmed into BKSoR to implement the same feature from BK (one of two pins this game is based and the one that happens to be 40 years old) would be worse than our current status quo of having no bonus time? I’ll have to say no. Not having bonus time is definitely not better. As with the original BK, the feature could be disabled. Think of this as having the ultimate easter egg ever programmed into a game, and who doesn’t like easter eggs?
Once implemented along with adding a kickback assembly for left outlane, they will have added $20 to the BOM. Money well spent!

Why should stern waste time and resources on a dumb feature (bonus time) nobody wants? It wouldn’t be free, it would cost time and money and deliver zero benefits for stern or their consumers.

I guess for the same reason you think $20 added to BOM is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

#2951 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just shredded the pro at Sunshine Laundromat... it shoots like a champion. Not the brick monster people claim it to be, it’s way easier than say AC/DC for example.
It’s defintely a bit shockingly baron when you first step up, but the code and music and art and layout make you forget about that pretty quickly. The orbits F’ing rule and the Knight toy is pretty dang cool.
Ramp is super satisfying to hit, this is a lower playfield leaning game for sure and much like GOT I think a lot of people are gonna dig the pro version. Another hit in the books for Stern, I’ll take fun over toys any day of the week.

I fuckin told ya!

If I knew you were coming tonight I would have dropped by!

#2998 5 years ago

The Fire! effect is very cool, and reminds me of the only good thing about the Fire! pin, the awesome fire effect on the playfield. Awesome to see that brought back, I love it. As good as any "toy."

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I agree its a two flipper game. If you are only using the right flipper, you are doing it wrong. I think the big reason people think that is because the left ramp returns to the right flipper, and there is no left flipper return. I have no problems hitting the left ramp with the left flipper though, so its not a big deal.

Are people seriously this dumb today that if a game only has a “flipper return” to one inlane they consider it a “one flipper game?”

The answer is yes and it’s depressing.

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I agree with this. There was a lot of hit the lit shot. Keep in mind the code is early.

Did you hit the lit shot?

What happened??

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So for those who played the game:
I'm (just by looking at the specs) a bit bummed that the Black Knight toy doesn't shake (like the Vengeance f.e.).
(So ist misses some direct interactivity if you just hit the target beneath it.)
The toys has a lot of other cool features tough.
So my question is...
...does the Black Knight toy seem lacking or is it awesome as it is?

It’s an ACTUAL interactive “toy” in that the ball strikes the shield and flail, and you’d prefer it just rattle around like the Vengeance ship?

I think it has to be one or the other. Having it rattle around probably wouldn’t add much, and likely would be a disaster for reliability.

#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Everyone will soon realize that this is going to be the absolute best game Stern ever put out

People realize that with every new release!

1 week later
#3300 4 years ago

A little late but whatever!

Babysitting this for a few weeks before NYCPC.

It will not fit in the door. Better unbox it.

3068B6AC-F2F2-4380-B043-B47438B02F7B (resized).jpeg3068B6AC-F2F2-4380-B043-B47438B02F7B (resized).jpeg7E0E7131-A3FE-4AA0-BE91-D4785ABC2B2E (resized).jpeg7E0E7131-A3FE-4AA0-BE91-D4785ABC2B2E (resized).jpeg
#3306 4 years ago

All this bitching about quality my first NIB game was absolutely flawless
Out of the box.

Well the center standup could be a little more sensitive. Might take me 3 minutes to adjust.

DAMN YOU STERN!!!
7AEA1EA3-515F-4C5F-A645-92309E753AE9 (resized).jpeg7AEA1EA3-515F-4C5F-A645-92309E753AE9 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#3510 4 years ago

If people I didn’t know were constantly telling me how to do my job and issuing orders to me I’d probably be a little “snarky” too.

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I feel like that's a misrepresentation of the tone and intent of the question I asked to internet people.

Perhaps you are misrepresenting his tone and the intent of his response?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.