(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

At MGC they were selling pros for only $5,100 and that was the time to buy one..

Forgive me for asking since I haven't been buying NIB Sterns in a while, but what happened to the minimum sale price that Stern was placing on all of their dealers, ie, everyone had to pay $5600 or they would lose their franchise?

Serious question. If people can now get lower prices, I'd like to know (so I can consider buying again). PM me if this is a secret and "not publicly known".

#3153 4 years ago

Finally got to play the BK Pro today, put about 20 games on it. All I have to say is I love and hate this game at the same time! Here's my take- keep in mind, this is only my opinion!

What I liked:

-Game is fast and furious! Has a open playfield that kinda gave me a similar vibe to GOT Pro, while it seemed as challenging as IM. Game keeps you on your toes and makes you think about your shots... get sloppy and you'll pay.
- Great artwork! Captures the classic vibe nicely.
- Lots of insults thrown at you.. nicely done! A few times when the game was yelling at me I was almost embarrassed lol... several times it asked where a worthy apponent was after the ball drained. LMAO.

What I didn't like:

Biggest gripe - Seems like all the shots just bring the ball right back to the flipper.. left shot shoots the ball to the ramp and to flipper, left and right orbits bring the ball back to the flippers, flailing ball shot (ramp) brings ball back to flipper, shield shot upkicks ball to ramp/flipper!! Only saving grace here is the controlled gate for the right orbit that puts the ball in the pops.

- Lots of shots, and I mean a lot of shots, lead to drains! Shots to the center and shield target led to direct drains. Also shooting just about every post in the game has a possibility of directing the ball straight to the outlanes, more than I've ever noticed in any other game. I found this to be extremely frustrating and I can't think of another game this brutal. And since most of the shots lead to the flippers, you are shooting a lot...

- The magna save button just makes ZERO sense on the lockdown bar.

- Playfield seems sparse... but hey, that's a new Stern pro I suppose?

I think the Premium would be the way to go for me if I'm in just to change things up from the constant flipper return shots. I guess time will tell.

Happy shooting, overall I think this will be a fun game!

#3167 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I wouldn't say it's 'unusable' either, but it's very hard to be able to activate it in time. The ball moves just way too fast in many cases, especially the post hits towards the outlanes. In the 10 or so games I played I wasn't fast enough once to activate it in time, yes there'll be cases when you can do that but they are few and far in between

Agree. It JUST MAKES NO SENSE where it's at too! Adding a button on the side of the cabinet would have cost them pennies. I would love to know the the thoght process on this.. I'm sure a side button was discussed, and the final decision was "no". Maybe Steve Ritchie can comment on this if someone gets a chance to ask him?

#3180 4 years ago

I'm going to put a proximity sensor near the outlane and have it auto push the magnasave whenever it senses the ball close to it.

1 week later
#3311 4 years ago

The more I play this title the more I like it! When I initially saw the pro layout I thought I'd get bored quick.. that hasn't been the case. This game keeps you on your toes and delivers! The new code rocks also! So glad they came out with this as Munsters was not my style..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.