(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (8 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (8 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (7 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (7 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (7 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (5 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cletus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 months ago

Awesome!!!
I hope it has some cool throwbacks to the originals.

#53 8 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:No machine shown. Just a burning knight silhouette saying he's back etc. No date. No nothing.

It did have the Stern logo in the credits so it’s most likely official.

#58 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I double checked who uploaded it (SternPinball) because I thought it was fake at first. Seemed legit, but very basic. Just about the only thing to glean is it's coming soon, it'll be called Black Knight Sword of Rage, and a basic idea of what the Black Knight will look like. He kinda had a cyber sword looking thing like the Halo video games. Oh and lots of fire because fire is metal AF

It needed more lightning. Hoping for three playfields and lots of sassy call outs.

#77 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ah, so this is where all the Stern Slayer rumours came from.

6B5A8BEB-D9EF-4580-BBC9-F259F2A06920.gif
#217 8 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Those of you with better eyes, please tell me what I'm looking at, layoutwise. Why does the back panel look so tall? Do you see "flow" even here? Where are all these additional PF levels? Are they not here as this is a photo of the PRO?
[quoted image]

I count:
6 spinners
4 levels
3 subway tunnels
3 flippers
1 Black Knight interactive toy
2 rainbow loop up kickers
Infinite fun

#259 8 months ago

As long as we get an animation of Steve Ritchie battling/running away from the Black Knight.
I agree that the 100% 3D animations look the best, but theme integration for the TV titles wouldn’t be complete without all of the show clips.

#557 7 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

YES! It looks like its going to be hard to hit and get hand back to hit flipper fast enough.

If you hit the magnasave, it will hold it there long enough to get your hand back to the flipper, but if you can’t get your hand up to the lock bar fast enough... your ball drains. “HA, HA, HA!!!”

#566 7 months ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Suit of armor for the stream?

You’ll need a horse as well:

75D697D8-40DE-4DD0-992E-CBD6E15AC1BC (resized).jpeg
#582 7 months ago

I just realized that there’s no u-turn on this!

#611 7 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

that's the one thing on this machine that I can't wrap my head around. I can forgive a single magna save only on the right side (cost savings), but to move the activator button from right next to the flipper to the lockdown bar seems like a counter-intuitive move

Agreed. No-likey.
I’ll give it a chance though. I’m extremely happy to see the Black Knight return.

#625 7 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That or a chin post and strap for your head, and this brings up an interesting question, if you used said chin post and strap, would that be considered cheating in a tournament?
[quoted image]

Beer bellied competitors have always had an advantage since the “belly button” was added to the lock bar.

#635 7 months ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

It does look pretty boring. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the worst flow of any modern Ritchie...

B88AA3F3-7077-4BBD-AC06-7391CC586B77.gif
#642 7 months ago

That’s one way to ensure you don’t miss a manga-save moment.

#879 7 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It is not Black Knight without an upper playfield and a third flipper.
[quoted image]

Straight from The Black Knight's mouth. Every argument that states otherwise is now invalid.

#948 7 months ago

I don't like JJP chat mixed in with my BKSOR chat.
Get your chocolate out of my peanut butter!!!
chocolate peanut butter.gif

8a7950da5de546ea583b9602a03c82fc3bfffe8db9ea10a6442975a9588ee635.jpg
#1199 7 months ago
89370631-0DBF-46BE-A07F-BB15AF427B32.gif915DE29D-C860-4101-BC42-BDFE2E854CC9.gif
#1303 7 months ago
Quoted from davidlldennis:

I'm super intrigued by Ed Robertson doing call outs...

I just imagine Ed saying “Shoot the right ramp” in his best lady voice.

#1369 7 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What model is Deadflip going to stream?
Hopefully Pre/LE .

It sounds like he’ll be streaming from MGC and they’ll have pros to play along with Premium and/or LE prototypes.

Edit: in two weeks

#1523 7 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can't wait for the game to be released so we can move onto bad shot angles, cheap mechs, cabinet cracks, and my personal favourite, DIMPLES! YES!!! YES!!!!
(I AM dead serious).

I can’t wait until the Black Knight looses control of his flail and takes out some invisiglass.

#1527 7 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

If a troll popping up when a ball is rolling over it and slams the ball into the glass like what happens on MM/MMR multi balls and the glass doesn't shatter, than a what chance does a flail have?

Yeah, I don’t know how many times I’ve nailed my BK2K drawbridge as it’s lowering and thought the glass was going to shatter.

That flail looks crazy fun though.
Can’t wait for MGC!!!

#1532 7 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

At what stage is Art Discussion and Disappointment on the Pinside New Game Hype Cycle? I feel we’re a little pre-mature this time. Shouldn’t we still be complaining about Coil Counts or something?

Yeah! What is the coil count on this. I don’t even think it was discussed. Also, is BKSOR going to have ball save on by default?

#1546 7 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Calling any friend of Jack Danger:
Would you please ask him when he's streaming BK3?
And would you then post his reply here?
That would be much appreciated. I just tried to ask him myself during his stream but I was ignored.
Thanks!

From what I could gather in the other days stream when he “wasn’t” talking about it, he will live stream from MGC.

#1593 7 months ago

How the crap does DI and JJP keep surfacing in this Stern and Black Knight topic???

#1636 7 months ago

The wizard mode had better end with you unmasking the Black Knight to show Steve Ritchie’s face.
I also wouldn’t mind a “Who’s your daddy, ha, ha, ha!” quote thrown in their as well.

#1638 7 months ago

Has anyone really done a good shot for shot and mode breakdown comparing this to some of the JJP titles? It’d be nice to hear about quality differences as well.

#1655 7 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

We're not interested!
This is a Steve Ritchie fans' thread.
Go and post your JJP propaganda somewhere else.
Leave. Leave now.[quoted image]

It sounds like it is always necessary to put the sarcasm emote since nobody reads every post on a topic.
These JJP only fanboys don’t know when to quit.

#1799 7 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I've bought nearly every Stern LE since Star Trek, every CGC LE. The guy they have partnered with (Jack Danger) to show first looks at live gameplay, and Stern pull a crappy stunt to dangle it in the faces of their customers. Thread drained, order cancelled, I'll be waiting to see what JJP does..

2DCA940E-A3BC-4081-BC96-AF795D2BE999 (resized).jpeg
#1812 7 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I'm going on a hunger strike dammit.

I’m going on another beer and taco binge.

#1847 7 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I can .. but I’m happy to see it sooner
Plus I prefer when deadflip streams from the factory less noise than a show get some good insight from designers .

I’m sure Jack will do both. Munsters had its reveal at CEC and a more intimate walk through with designers in the Stern lunch room later that week.

Edit: maybe he’ll do another from knockerlover s under-bridge game room

#2065 7 months ago

Who let the Oompa Loompa’s out of their cage again! Why must The Black Knight always clean up this orange musical mess?!
Damn you, Wonka!

Edit: Who is this Kaneda clown and why should I care about his opinions?

#2111 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I then just mentioned it's going to be fun to watch both Wonka and BK3 going head to head next weekend at MGC as each will have its public debut at the show.

It won’t be fun to watch. There will most likely be one prototype Wonka that isn’t going to exactly match the production models that ,maybe, get shipped next year, with a slightly long sad line of people waiting to play it.

Then on the other side of the aisle, there will probably be 25+ BKSOR with little to no lines and a bunch of smiling people playing production, ready to take home, machines.

1 month later
#3498 6 months ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

#39 reporting for duty!
Anyone else with an LE noticing a weak right lower flipper?

Stern techs at MGC were working on the right flipper of one of the prototype Premiums. Same thing... weak flipper. It was fine after a couple of repair sessions by Mike Vinokor and Steve Ritchie. It might be a known issue. Call Stern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cletus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside