(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (8 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (8 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (7 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (7 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (7 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (5 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 8 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Video's been taken down already...

Yep, I hope someone somehow has a copy of it they can share!

#931 7 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The license is not Held by Williams anymore but Planetary Pinball isn't it?
Whomever it is, they said they'd be so happy if Steve Makes a third Black Knight game, they'd let him use it free of charge.
DOESN'T MEAN THEY ACTUALLY DID IT, but Steve Ritchie said so himself in a Seminar couple of years ago.

I don't know the legalese and don't really care to but the trailer lists Williams Electronic Games and PPS so my guess is both are involved in it. Probably WEG through PPS, but again it doesn't really matter since it's clear they got it done. I wonder if they licensed it because of the music they wanted to use from BK2K, even if re-done it would still be owned by WEG/PPS I would guess. Like I said though, they got it done and that's all that really matters.

#942 7 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They have licensed it (maybe for free, like it was said), including the music.
BK2000 music was composed by Steve Ritchie himself, so there propably wasn't any issues here.

Maybe, maybe not. If his contract didn't allow him to own the copyright of his work while employed by WMS, including music he doesn't own it. I've seen multiple bands live (Cake comes to mind first, what a let down that was - not a single song I'd ever heard and about 10 minutes of bitching about record companies) that won't / can't play their hits because they don't own the rights to them and it would cost them too much to use it. Music licensing is a very weird business, probably worse that pinball and video games.

P.S. I said I didn't care about the legalese (and I don't) but still weighed back into this - D'OH!

#1436 7 months ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Some of you are turning into The Comic Book Guy over here.

Perfect analogy!

2x9y24 (resized).jpg
#1769 7 months ago

pinball_keefer showing up at the BK was pretty fricking hilarious! Anyone who didn't expect this to be an April Fool's joke was just too anxious to see the game IMO, it was just too easy.

#1978 7 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Black and White TV's that were encapsulated in a huge piece of furniture?

That made me lol!

#2157 7 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern's AC/DC Premium/LE was the first game with RGB LEDs, not WOZ.
Steve is quite proud of that, and will point that fact out to those who mistakenly thinks it's WOZ.

I did not know that, thanks.

#2172 7 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hogwash. Stern couldn't give a shit about JJP in the 2011/2012 time era. I'm not sure that they give a shit in 2019.
RGB LED lighting was going to happen in pinball regardless. Stern had already been moving to regular LEDs on their LE models, so the rest was inevitable as prices dropped.

But if you really look at it they don't do the full-rgb treatment for inserts in a lot of their games, even the Premium/LED version of some of them. RGB GI is even less common in Stern, I'm not convinced that is such a bad thing but it is the truth.

#2607 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Monster bash - no knocker!!!

Same for CV.

#2793 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With all due respect we need to keep this information private. If someone gets a deal and pays less then msrp-they need to keep it to themselves. Dealers can get penalized for selling below a certain map price, there is no special dealer that will do this so it is best to call around and see for yourself. Honestly the secondary market is where it is at to save the monies. If you have patience and don't need to buy NIB-just wait a month and you will get a deal on a slightly used Pro.

I don't think that distis actually get penalized for selling below MSRP but they are prohibited from ADVERTISING below the MAP price. Also nothing really wrong with someone posting what they paid for a game, though the distributor may ask they not disclose it for other reasons.

#2797 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure where you have been the last three years-but you are wrong. Stern concocted a 'dealer pricing scheme' where dealers are not supposed or allowed to sell below a certain price threshold. Has nothing to do with advertised MSRP pricing. Also yes there is something wrong with posting pricing-because that is what got us into where we are today. Loose lips-sink ships

It probably is better as a topic for another thread but price-fixing is illegal, trust me I have worked for many different technology firms that sell through resellers and every year we go through a refresher training on ethics and legal issues. #1 topic is always that it is illegal for us to dictate what the final price is, we can enforce MAP but cannot penalize a partner for taking a smaller margin and selling it cheaper than someone else. That exact scenario happens hundreds of times a day and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. It may be true that the distributors get some kind of verbal flack from someone at Stern or JJP but even that is frowned upon from a legal perspective. In today's climate of so many buyers it may be true they no longer do / need to discount but that doesn't mean they are prohibited from doing it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside