(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#718 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Another pin where I like the Pro cabinet art more than the Premium or LE.

Seems like that's par for the course with the last few pins - Pro has best artwork

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Wow, so no upper PF on the Pro. $5K+ is not enough to include a basic play feature of the Black Knight series. Well, this one is going on my "not even going to play it on location" list since I never see PRE / LE models out in the wild. Stern sucks. Stop enabling them.

I have seen a few Premiums and even an LE or two on location much to my surprise

1 week later
#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Sent the check out today for my LE.
I contemplated waiting to see the live stream before I sent the check, in the very off chance that I didnt like BKSOR. But at the end of the day this purchase isnt about whether or not it is a good game. Its about thanking Stern and Steve Ritchie for bringing the Black Knight back to life.....

Really? I am not knocking this machine - looks great and I may buy one but I have to play it first.
What you are saying is all stern needs to do for you is bring out/back a theme you like and they can take your money.

Munsters was probably one of my top 5 themes, but I am not buying yet based on reviews and the flip time I have had so far. Maybe if code improves the game they will get my money, but not shelling out $7,000 + just to thank Stern for producing a dream theme of mine.

Every purchase should be about whether or not it's a total great package - gameplay included

I am excited to flip this machine, hoping it lives up to the hype!!

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

I’m 43 and still love metal. Since 8th grade. Also the fact that Metallica and Iron Maiden are well received and sold well seems to not agree with your view.

50 - and I still like metal.
Love the music on my Maiden pin, but with IMDN it's not the same song in a loop

BKSR soundtrack gives me a little anxiety - I like it but it's very high energy and makes me feel like I am under the gun to hit certain targets asap
feel like they should of used it only during certain modes

Overall game looks like fun.
Love the call outs
Graphics, while not up to current video game standards, look good to me (if you compare it to Oktoberfest - well you know)
Playfield lighting is a little red - but maybe it looks better in person
BK in center is very cool - can't wait to see topper

It's a game I need to play a few times before I would buy
Either way - great day for pinball - another cool machine out in wild!

#2563 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I'm kinda in the same boat... But much prefer the art work and extras included on the LE. But the Pro looked REALLY fun.

Buy an le, pull the upper playfield and sell it to a pro owner

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Automated Services has 15 Stern games in stock 4 JJP games and 3 CGC game yet everyone always needs the latest game http://pinballs.com

Not true - I just bought an Iron Maiden - that's old news today, right?

#2757 5 years ago

Game looks really fun can't wait to flip it, just wish Stern would put some more 3D items on the PF besides the center toy.
Everything in this game is flat plastic except for the knight, some of the stuff moders will be doing could be factory installs that would not cost much and really up the level of Stern's games

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern concocted a 'dealer pricing scheme' where dealers are not supposed or allowed to sell below a certain price threshold. Has nothing to do with advertised MSRP pricing.

Do you actually have proof of this?

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-supply-chain/manufacturer-imposed

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have said it before and I will say it again-'You don't know Gary.'

nope I don't and I could be 100% wrong

#2808 5 years ago

anybody have a close up video of the flaming castle
how did they do it?

#2834 5 years ago

I think this game will do,well on location, especially if the bk figure moves and talks during attract mode

#2881 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Maiden is NOT that popular band in the USA...

IDK - loved me some Maiden growing up in the 70's & 80's
Owing and playing the pin, the music is actually better than I remember.
I bought the pin loving the layout and code and thought I would just deal with the music, but loving the complete package.
Of course that's my opinion which is right for me, you may want to wait for a Kenny G pin

Merica!

#2919 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone said I don't offer facts so here are some facts for you.
Queen - ACDC - Metallica - Nirvana - Michael Jackson - KISS and Iron Maiden all came prior to the Youtube age. So no matter 70's 80's or 90's they're all pre-youtube days. Meaning their accounts got created long after their success had all been well established. Even during the start of Youtube it wasn't as big as it is today.
Maroon 5 is successful today so their songs have strong following on Youtube much more so than bands who are overall historically bigger... Maroon 5 has 25 million subscribers and over 12 billion views on their videos. We can all agree they're good but they're not legends like in their lane Madonna who has 2 million followers and 2.5 billion views on her videos. Had Madonna done it all over again TODAY she'd probably have 50 million followers and 20 billion views see the point?
So lets compare bands/groups
Iron Maiden has 1 million followers good but only 312 million views on their songs. To the point the band is bigger than their music.
Oddly enough Kiss another band without hit songs has only 295 million views on their songs. Nearly the same.
Now lets look at ACDC another band who created a Youtube page way later like Iron Maiden.
ACDC 3.3 BILLION views on their music and 4.7 million subscribers. Metallica 5 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views. Queen 9.3 million subscribers 4.9 BILLION views. Micheal Jackson 13 million subscribers and 6.7 BILLION views... if his music was TODAY he'd have over 100 million subscribers and who knows 100 billion views. Nirvana 4.1 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views. I could make a list like this for a decade...
Iron Maiden marketing is bigger than their music, people don't know their music, they never had a hit anthem song. Hence when you put an Iron Maiden pinball on location because most people do not know their music or the band, they will move over to Ghostbusters at least in the USA.
Pinball games make more money on location when the THEME is known to them! This is the ONLY point I'm making. These are facts not opinions.
I had an Iron Maiden great game, no one played it, no one knows the band. I sold the game.
Black Knight on location will not do well overall on location, next to Ghostbusters, Deadpool, or even Monopoly.
But as a game its got a few things going for it but the PRO is the way to GO.

Why are you so invested in this argument - we get it you don't like IMDN pinball and music and you know a lot about the music industry
Awseome - u da man
Who cares - move one

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

It amazes me how much time that some people spend who don’t want a particular pinball machine for whatever reason bitching and complaining I guess trying to convince others they shouldn’t wanted either . Life is to short for this waste
of time . LE ordered , it’s a hobby, buy what you like.

People are passionate about the hobby and the machines being released

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG... you know there are like a million different kinds of charts but the only one that matters is sales. The highest sales charting song of Kiss all time is Beth, which reached #6, it was also the ONLY top 10 hit they ever had. Furthermore they have no #1 hits, and oddly enough their biggest selling album was the album that featured Beth, and they kicked him out of the band.
Most of their albums sold between 500,000 units to 1 million units. They have no #1 hit, however they do have an anthem song unlike Iron Maiden (Rock N Roll All Night) which is their most well known song, only hit like 45 in the charts.
Iron Maiden never had a #1 or even a top 10 hit, and maybe one of those songs reached like 37 or something.
Neither band is known for their music as much as their stage shows. There are without a doubt the two single most successful bands who never really had any authentic hit songs.
Nothing changes the fact that both of these bands COMBINED have less views on their music than ONE Metallica song. How is it if they're so popular does Metallica or ACDC have more views on ONE song than two bands between them made over 50 albums have combined? OVER 50 ALBUMS between them and between all those songs combined they cant match one song from Nirvana. Again they're really popular like the Grateful Dead with their fans but they don't have fans outside that window.
Kiss is bigger in the US and Iron Maiden is bigger in Europe.
There is one Skynyrd song "simple man' that someone uploaded that has almost as many views as all the Kiss songs combined. Why because Skynyrd is one of the most talented musical groups ever assembled.
Kiss and Iron Maiden have pinball games because that's what they do that is how they make money, licensing their brand to almost anything. While real bands like LZ, Doors, Nirvana or Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, sell music.
There is a difference but you know none of this has anything to do with Sterns new game. Start a music theme and we'll debate all day long would be fun!

Holy fook dude - isn't there some sort of musical subforum you can post in

2 weeks later
#3334 4 years ago

played pro @ Allentown - fun game!

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

If you don't like the music in BKSOR, that's fine, but don't shit on it for those of us who have been waiting for a new pinball machine that is for metal fans. ...

Unfortunately you're in the wrong place for that..... The internets
You need a thick skin to participate in any online forum

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have absolutely no problem taking peoples criticisms of games, but I do have a problem with people who can't seem to understand that personal preference does not equal fact. Lots of people like TAF, I think it's a boring overhyped game, but I'm not going to act like it's a universal truth that TAF is a boring overhyped game, it's just not my taste.
Regardless, I don't give a shit about anything, and it feels good to not care very much, and I just want more people to relax and stop stressing about pinball and just have fun. I know it's a pipe dream, but, be the change you want to see.

so what you are saying is that you don't care but you do care?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.