(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (8 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (8 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (8 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (8 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (8 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (8 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (8 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (8 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (8 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (6 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 8 months ago

No pro on this title? Only a premium and le? I hope thats not the case.

#230 8 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Steve Ritchie said mockingly on stage at TPF that there would be 3 models..

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I heard the call outs will be Borg.

Pro is being made. Someone mentioned PREM LE only was referring to reveal or sneak of them tomorrow

Thats good to know.. wonder how much it will be missing tho... probably the upper playfield....

#318 8 months ago

Jjp also did a teaser video a hr or so after sterns. Looks like wonka will be announced soon also..really excited to see what tricks pat l and jjp came up with bc di was/is amazing if you like the theme or not.

#507 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like how the BK3 looks, awesome playfield artwork. Not sure if I dig the whole cyber knight cabinet artwork. Ruleset at first seems to have 6 main modes and a bunch of super modes and super modes have always felt like filler / throw away modes on modern games in my opinion. Stern likes to use super modes in most of their games and all feel like a grind just hitting the same shot over and over again.
Also not sure how the upper playfield will play as it seems a bit cramped, at least its bigger then the one on Aerosmith. Game doesn't haven't me jumping for joy right now with what I'm seeing but looks cool at first glance. Looking forward to playing one on location to try it out.

We all get excited for a new pin ..especially at first glance lol. It looks nice and like a stern pin. Definitely wanna see some game play but i wasn't a fan of the first bk pins so this don't intrest me right away. Also im for sure gonna wait on jjp wonka reveal and im betting its amazing also. Plus they will be shipping soon after reveal which is huge. Gonna b a great year for pinball

#522 8 months ago

Just one ramp on pro or both models ?

#545 8 months ago

Really curious how the pro is gonna play compared to the premium. Looks like one ramp on pro with a deadend spinner lane to a vuk that shoots it on wireform? Also another scoop to vuk shot that ends up.on the wireform?. I think to get the bk full experience you really need that upper playfield to lock balls . Looking fwd to some gameplay videos soon to see how things play out.

#564 8 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Game looks great, my only concern is lack of a ball return to the left flipper but I am sure Ritchie has the flow in check

Most/many of the shots are from the right flipper which is why everything returns to it from the wireform.

#565 8 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Whoah!!! Did Stern give metal wireforms to us on the Pro? To the Stern workers no doubt lurking this site... we like!

They have been? Munsters , dp and maiden are all metal.

#590 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1 ramp on both models with 1 return back to the flippers, there's no habit rail for the left flipper. I wonder what the last modern game (besides TNA) that doesn't have a habit rail or plastic ramp return to each flipper?

Hmm.. very curious how it will play... its very similar to its older brothers/brother . Looking fwd to gameplay soon. Another great day for pinball as the more pins made is better for everyone.

#597 8 months ago

No fear pinball comes to mind when i look at this? Anyone else see this?

#600 8 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Just waiting on an ETA for my LE.

I wld guess may?

#671 8 months ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

If its Lyman on code, and could be a must have game. I like the original as a teen in 80's and enjoyed 2k in 90's. I am excited about this news of Steve new game.

Not lyman.. tim Sexton

#681 8 months ago

Its nice to see dual gi (white/red) and lots of rgb inserts on both models

#683 8 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow. No upper playfield on the pro model? That is the whole thing about BK games...they all have an upper playfield.

Yea I'm thinking the premium is a must on this title... but 7200+ is a lot of money's

#727 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

has the pricing been released yet?

Sld be the same as last few titles

#887 8 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well said.
I also haven't seen anyone talking about how the Pro has all RGB lighting in the playfield inserts. That's a first for a Pro.
LEDs started as an LE feature, and worked their way down to being standard on a Pro. This could mark the beginning of that happening for RGB LEDs on all Pros.

Actually i don't think all inserts are rgb..i believe 24 on pro and 26 on the premium/le? Still alot of rgb inserts compared to most stern pins.

#890 8 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well, 24 out of 26 sounds like a great number to me.
Most Pros have 6-8 RGB inserts based on the main shots. 24 is a massive upgrade.

Agreed ...12 are just on the wheel which is why there are so many more this time around...

#891 8 months ago

Yep not richie's last pin...

#901 8 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Game looks frickin awesome, can’t wait to play it. Pluses for me, art work, sound package (metal rules!), and BK interactive toy. Negatives, no upper playfield on the pro, too many feeds to the left flipper, only 1 ramp, not enough loops for super fast Ritchie flow.

You mean the right flipper? No feeds to the left one....

#915 8 months ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Has anyone mentioned the right flipper thing from bk2k yet?

? That most shots are from the right flippers?

#926 8 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

The original BK did not rely on the right flipper heavily IMO. The top playfield left flipper to lock and jackpot is an epic shot.

I was referring to bk2k..

#1062 8 months ago

Any word on a gameplay stream?

#1227 8 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thank you. Joe at pinballstar might have one for me. I appreciate everyone jumping on my question!

Joe sells sterns?

#1236 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

That is what I was thinking but doesnt the far left shot shoot it up through a VUK to the top playfield also?

Yea .. looks like lots of shots go to the upper playfield...

#1241 8 months ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I take it back, it looks like the premium/le far left shot is a standup target only and no vuk??

Drop target like pro to a vuk to the upper playfield .

#1246 8 months ago

Yep.... after looking over the pictures alot today... the pro may be the way to go? Lots of shots go to the upper playfield on other models and there isn't much up there like previous bk pins. Cant wait to see gameplay videos but i like the pro as of now if everything works on the premium like i think it may .

#1255 8 months ago

Yep a weird drop onto the plastic and playfield? 20190327_233203 (resized).jpg20190327_233116 (resized).jpg

#1256 8 months ago

There sld still be a 6 ball mb on pro... its probably the wizard mode. Its probably missing the catapult mb like munsters is missing grandpa mb.

#1259 8 months ago

2 controlled gates in pop bumper area

#1262 8 months ago
Quoted from Pindiddy:

Looks like a soft plunged ball will return to the gate and then ride the metal support onto the wire form that goes to the right flipper. Check out the overhead pic of the playfield.

I think it hits a metal guide and then plastic and goes under the wire form? Its really hard to tell

#1264 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ah, yeh, I think youre right. That's actually quite cool - better than plopping down on to the PF.

From.the side pic i posted it looks to go under the wireform onto the playfield

#1268 8 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You're 100% sure?
Would be great!

In one of the pictures stern posted you can see them

#1360 8 months ago
Quoted from November:

Are you sure of the RGB GI lighting on this one ?

Red and white gi lighting.... 24 rgb inserts and 2 rgb spotlights on upper playfield

#1387 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Loving the pro. Just concerned about it being a right flipper game. So many shots feed to the right flipper. Thoughts?

Everything does feed to the right flipper and only one ramp... looking fwd to a gameplay video .

#1468 8 months ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Quick question from an inexperienced NIB Stern Buyer.
Usually i wait to see reviews come in before i commit to a Pin.
If all goes good i would buy a premium of this game, i love the theme and would be perfect for my collection.
If i wait till the Premiums roll out and then buy will i run the risk of missing out?
is preorder the way to go with stuff like this?
i am only a few months deep in this hobby and this will be my 3rd NIB machine i think.

No reason to hurry... they will b made for years

#1540 8 months ago

Really need gameplay videos so you all have something else to complain about lol....

#1694 8 months ago

Dead flip bk stream this evening... 20190401_120608 (resized).jpg

#1915 8 months ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Are LE's sold out?

Nope.... call around there are plenty available

#1918 8 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

I don’t know about plenty, the 3 distributors I use are sold out of their allotment.

Many of the bigger /most common dealers are but there are plenty of other distros out there that have them..

#1921 8 months ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Im already in for an LE. I imagine their close to sold out because this is the greatest game ever released. K know that from just rhe pictures.

Lmao... ok....

#1961 8 months ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Does anyone have this game yet? I read about 40 comments and still have no indication if its shipping. I might get an LE if people are happy with it after receiving it. It does look pretty awesome.

There's not even any gameplay videos yet... but April 9 is that reveal. . Then it will be at the midwest show for people to play. The pro sld be shipping after that then the le about a month after that.

#1989 8 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Did anyone hear if the six ball multiball feature will happen regardless of model or only with physical ball lock on prem/le?

Quoted from epthegeek:

The 6 ball multiball is actually the stacking of the two 3 ball multiballs. Not possible on the pro.

I believe both games are 6 ball but the premium does have the catapult mb that the pro may not. However there are other mb and a add a ball option that may use all 6 . Also the wizard mode will use all 6 on both versions

#2195 8 months ago

Jjp lightning/lightshows are way beyond anything stern has did for the most part. Star trek premium/le does a good job but still a far cry from jjp pins imo . None the less both make great games and i love both companies and what they produce. I like to have a nice mix of jjp, stern and b/w pins in my collection as it makes for great variety and fun for everyone.

#2235 8 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

Has it started yet?

45 minutes i believe

#2247 8 months ago

First thing i wish they wld of did was make all the inserts rgb... 3/4of it is ... to bad they just didn't finish them.

#2249 8 months ago

Hopefully that right orbit feed gets fixed... its hitting the top of the sling

#2262 8 months ago

Really wish the far left shot was another ramp... that vuk to wireform is so slow.. definitely not as much flow as most sr pins

#2266 8 months ago

Looks like your typical fun stern pin... if you love the theme it will be a must have. I'm just glad we have so many new pins coming out... great times for our small hobby. Looking fwd to see how the premium /le shoots
. The pro doesn't have a whole lot going on ..so hoping the premium adds alot.

#2275 8 months ago

Hope the premium/le really adds something cool..

#2278 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The pro gameplay seemed to get stale rather quickly. I think it's great on location/route but I think the premium/LE will be better at home.

Yea doesnt seem there is much there?

#2281 8 months ago

Hope the premium/le has the wow factor...but I'm worried that so many shots go to the upper playfield which don't have as much going on as previous bk pins

#2286 8 months ago

I like the overall feel of the pin as far as the atmosphere,lighting and video. I think it will be a good tournament and route pin.

#2294 8 months ago

So far im not real impressed and think if i was to get one the pro wld be my choice . Luckily no model looks like one for me ... was really getting worried as to what i was gonna sell lol.

#2295 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Contact Zach at Flip N Out he had one LE spot left.

I think there are a good many le left and believe there will be even more available after this steam.. just like every other release.

#2299 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's another solid Stern game.
Why does every game have to be THE BEST STERN EVER? Its always - "I've ordered therefore its the best" or "I haven't ordered therefore its not".

I said it was a solid all around pin a must have for folks that love bk theme. Its not a must have otherwise especially with so many new pins coming out this year and limited space. I hope it does well so they will do more original stuff.

#2302 8 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Glad I waited. More red gi? I'm just not liking the way this plays so far. Animations look cool but gameplay seems dull. Music is already starting to get repetitive (excessive double bass)
I think I'm going to go buy a Star Trek now though so thanks to Steve Ritchie either way.
Fingers crossed for Queen, Bttf or Bill and Ted.

Are they rumored titles coming?

#2637 7 months ago

Lots of bk at the show....FB_IMG_1554953862073 (resized).jpg

#2686 7 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes! And all RGB inserts for a Pro. Hopefully this also is standard going forward.

All rgb inserts? Not the case.. it has about half . I really wish both models had all rgb inserts as it really gives off a nice light show.

3 weeks later
#3326 7 months ago

Played this weekend and its not a bad game but nothing special/unique eaither. Just not much there on the pro and it wld get stale in home use for me. Maybe the premium /le will be better bc of a few more shots but ill be passing on this one but I'll be happy to play on location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dayton, OH
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Morgan Hill, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside