(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4,000 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 420 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg
20190628_171836 (resized).jpg
B89A3C8F-8FA6-45C7-B526-A2A1A7AB1AE9 (resized).jpeg
WW (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (8 months ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (8 months ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (7 months ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (7 months ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (7 months ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (7 months ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (7 months ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (5 months ago)

Post #3758 A message from God Posted by newtoit (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1745 7 months ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Yeah, I thought WoZ was stuffed with everything.....then i played a POTC. Is there anything they didn't put in that pin?

- humor
- proper solder joints
- wires cut to a length that accommodates the rocking of the black pearl
- an action button that doesn't bind

#1747 7 months ago

i'll take 'unnecessary semantics post' for $500 Alex.

#1752 7 months ago

obviously its april fool's so i feel like we might be getting put on... but it would be pretty cool to see jack, steve, tim, etc stream all 3 black knight games in chronological order.

maybe with steve providing some commentary, anecdotes, memories, lessons learned as we go through the 3 games.

#1766 7 months ago

stream. over.

back to the studio for regular programming.

#1780 7 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

...now this 'real' US Burger King looks like some fastfood shithole from the 80s.

they stopped caring many years ago from the condition of most of their stores.

1 week later
#2315 7 months ago

just popped into the stream so haven't been able to see much. it looks like they have an iron maiden style 'power jackpot' display on the left side of the display. has there been any discussion about it? seems like it might not be coded at the moment?

1 week later
#2898 7 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Kiss, Iron Maiden are two of the most unsuccessful charting bands in history that made the most money. I guess at the end of the day what matters is the bank account, so that makes them successful.

Both bands have managed to sell well over 100 million albums each regardless of 'charts' - vastly more albums than plenty of artists that have topped the charts. albums sold is a much more accurate judge of popularity than any silly chart could ever be.

frankly at this point you just sound ignorant spouting off this kind of nonsensical drivel.

we get it. you don't like the theme of a silly pinball machine and you sold it. move on.

#2910 7 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Iron Maiden is NOT played on any of those things. Bottom line I'm only saying the THEME of the pinball game is what matters on location. In your home its what you like what you want. There is a difference.

FWIW Iron Maiden is consistently a top 3 machine at the location I regularly play at month after month. Usually in the #2 spot behind Star Wars.

And this is in a lineup that includes Guardians, Metallica, Simpsons, AC/DC, JJP Pirates, KISS and Ghostbusters.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal evidence. Even when it comes via your 'FACTS' and 'TRUTH'

#2912 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That doesn't surprise me - on location you can't really hear the music anyways, so even people who aren't IM fans will play it. Like me and my wife. Because the gameplay is awesome!

The music is loud and proud at this location my friend. And it starts to grow on you the more you play the game. Great music to play pinball to and it really fits the 'feel' of the gameplay.

#2917 7 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm just going to leave this here for KISS... [quoted image]

Looks like Iron Maiden has 7 songs that charted in the Top 50 Modern Rock Songs chart and a ton more if you look at the Billboard 200 charts.

Not too shabby for a European metal band that nobody recognizes. LOL!

1 month later
#3563 5 months ago

finally played a pro on location this week. probably 30ish games in so far. definitely fast and furious and would be a great part of a larger collection with some games to balance out the brutality.

the only negative i've seen however is that i've had SEVERAL issues with balls getting stuck in the shield scoop turnaround if the shot enters the area with less-than-normal 'power.'

looks like they updated the missing ball sequence to help get a ball that is stuck against the shield out of there but nothing short of a tilt has been able to move the ball from the location i'm seeing the sticking happen.

anybody else seeing this?

really want to play a prem/le too. i think the upper playfield might be suited to my style of play in that it gives a little break from the crazy nature of the lower playfield.

3 weeks later
#3813 4 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

A plastic piece that pushes up on the lower upper playfield rubber ring to allow the ball to hop slightly so that you are able to hit with the upper right flipper. You basically can do the same thing by nudging the game when the ball is in the right place.

i don't know about you... but i'm feeling physically enhanced in my pants by this revolutionary gameplay addition.

oh, stern!

#3823 4 months ago
Quoted from newtoit:

3.More to do with the power features, like Iron Maiden. 

Maybe I haven't gotten deep enough in the game but I'd actually forgotten that the game has tracking for this kind of feature a'la Iron Maiden. It seems completely unused at this point and almost like it was a direct copy and paste with no thought to gameplay integration.

#3840 4 months ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro a worhty player or is prem must have?

I've only played a pro on location but I'd definitely want to try out a Premium before pulling the trigger on this one for home use. Especially if you are anywhere on the fence regarding the theme/music/etc.

#3916 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

When u defeat a boss like let’s say u make all shots frozen guys is there any ending animation ?

Yea I think this is an area where the game is sorely lacking. There doesn't seem to be any sort of 'finishing animation' a'la Deadpool's Final Shot that really lets you know a mode has been completed/beaten.

That along with the power jackpot features that seem unused on the display seem to be some of the bigger issues that need some attention on the game.

1 week later
#3929 4 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So, since the initial hype seems to have ended:
Anyone that played both versions of the game still'd say that he likes the Pro better?

i like the premium MUCH better after getting some time on one. upper playfield breaks the brutality up nicely but doesn't feel 'slow' or anything like that.

ymmv.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside