(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1270 5 years ago

I'll take a swole knight playing thrash metal any day. This knight has been hitting the gym for 4 decades straight. FOUR DECADES. There's a reason he's the champ. If you want to take on a soft lad playing Kenny G, I'm sorry, but this just isn't the game for you, BK will break you.

#1316 5 years ago

I would consider waiting to buy my LE until playing it if you crackheads would stop snatching up all the games within 24 hours of them going on sale. The FOMO in pinball is unreal.

That being said, I put my deposit in on my LE yesterday, really looking forward to being let down!

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do HUO LEs sell above retail after launch much anymore? If you're OK waiting six months or so, seems relatively safe to wait and make sure you're satisfied before you pull the trigger.

Depends on the title, from my experience. If it's a desirable theme with a solid rep for (mostly) finished code, good shots, etc, that's a lot more likely. Also depends on the size of the LE run. In Canada, it doesn't seem like LE's go up for sale that often.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Excellent! I look forward to seeing this streamed by you ASAP.

Going to be around 5 weeks I've been told, can't wait!

1 week later
#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Game looks like fun, but I can’t get over how dated those animations look.

I have no idea what you're talking about. For a pinball machine they look great.

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow, are people really willing to pay 5 to 9k for mediocrity?

Guess so lmao. I used to complain about the animations and then I realized all these games with crappy displays didn't stop me from enjoying those games immensely. They are taking a step in the right direction and I applaud them for that. Can't wait for my LE

#2629 5 years ago

Just a friendly reminder that it's fine to like things other people don't like, and that it's fine to disagree with the masses. Think for yourself.

I still want an upper pf and I'm still in on an LE. I watched the whole stream and I still want an LE more than a pro.

I think the animations look great. Even if I didn't, who cares, how much do you look at your display? You should be happy they at least show the scores at all times.

I think the sound is great. If I didn't, I could just change it in pinball browser (or more likely let one of you whiners do it because you would rather listen to Kenny G then metal). None of you deserve this game.

I also don't really care that the magna-save button is now in the center of the lockdown bar. Adjust your strategies you old farts, it's not bk2k and you can't play it like it is. Boo hoo. On top of that, installing another flipper button on the side and rewiring my center button to it is not that difficult of a project if I decide the center button being magna-save is as big of a nightmare as you all make it out to be. But I probably won't, I'll probably just accept it because it's not a big deal. First you complain about how you only need to use the right flipper, and then you say you won't have a hand free to use magna save. Make up your mind.

The code looks pretty damn good. More than any other step in the right direction, it's nice to see a game that looks like it's actually close to being finished right on release.

You're all whiners and you don't deserve a game this good. Go listen to showtunes and play WoZ, this game isn't for you.

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[quoted image]
Hurry up and stream the damn game!

Haha, as soon as it gets here I'll do an unbox, setup and gameplay stream. My expectation is next month sometime.

#2871 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I like Iron Maiden as a pinball game but I HATE the theme so I’m not going to give it a 10 because I don’t like the theme... what part of that is hard for you to understand. Iron Maiden is NOT that popular band in the USA, they’re super popular in Europe, I don’t think they have ever had a hit top 40 song in the USA. Iron Maiden has a cult following much like Kiss doesn’t mean they’re everyone’s cup of tea. Iron Maiden is not Queen, Beatles, or anything in that league.
So I’m NOT a fan of the theme its not getting a 10 from me. I loved AC/DC and I love their music the game is fun, the LE looks amazing it gets a great rating from me. I’m not sure why you don’t understand everyone can have a difference of opinion.
I had an Iron Maiden and btw I own a pincade ... do you know which game got the LEAST amount of money? You guessed it IRON MAIDEN!
So I sold it. Terminator 2 made 4 times more money than a brand new Iron Maiden.
You know which games make the most games like Ghostbusters, Deadpool, Metallica but not Iron Maiden and I’m betting not Black Knight.
So let me be super clear, Black Knight PRO is okay, but the LE/Preimum just doesn’t warrant paying more than a PRO.
TONIGHT I looked at a Black Knight sitting right next to a LOTR... you have to ask yourself what happened? One game looks like its loaded to the gills with stuff, ramps, toys, and then you look over at BK and you ask yourself where’s the beef?
I’m mainly only saying Black Knight is a game you buy but ONLY the pro because anything more you’re getting ripped off.
Look at Munsters LE with that really cool looking lower play field, you look at it and say oh yeah that is why i’m Paying more. What do you get for paying an extra 4K for an LE? Basically NOTHING!

giphy[1] (resized).pnggiphy[1] (resized).png

1 week later
#3259 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id almost want to wire a foot petal to the magna save.

MT2-large[1] (resized).jpgMT2-large[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3381 4 years ago

Why does everyone think the game has to appeal to them? Some people like metal, some people like classic rock, some people like rap, some people like country, some people like folk...some people like all of them. If you don't like the music in BKSOR, that's fine, but don't shit on it for those of us who have been waiting for a new pinball machine that is for metal fans. If you don't like the soundtrack, download pinball browser and load up the game with Kenny G.

#3389 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Unfortunately you're in the wrong place for that..... The internets
You need a thick skin to participate in any online forum

I have absolutely no problem taking peoples criticisms of games, but I do have a problem with people who can't seem to understand that personal preference does not equal fact. Lots of people like TAF, I think it's a boring overhyped game, but I'm not going to act like it's a universal truth that TAF is a boring overhyped game, it's just not my taste.

Regardless, I don't give a shit about anything, and it feels good to not care very much, and I just want more people to relax and stop stressing about pinball and just have fun. I know it's a pipe dream, but, be the change you want to see.

#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so what you are saying is that you don't care but you do care?

I'd care about caring if it wasn't so much work to care, but for right now I'm just trying not to try to hard to care about caring, while still remaining optimistic that if I *were* to care, it would be good to care. Ya know?

2 months later
#3966 4 years ago

I feel like it was a mistake lowering the mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.

My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.

That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 16.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.