(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

I bow to you sir knight

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

If this is true I am thrilled!

Oh it’s true! It’s damn true!

If you are a stern insider you know.

#658 5 years ago

How did Williams survive making Black Knight and Black Knight 2000? I thought those games were on location?

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The main toy/feature of this game is the Black Knight mech. It is unmolested on the Pro.
So the upper playfield isn't as crucial this time around.

I was questioning whether the upper playfield is crucial. Your losing the ball locks and similarity to BK2K. Are you losing the MB in the pro?

#799 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is still a MB in the Pro. I believe you lock balls behind the shield, but not sure 100%.
It's a 6 ball game according to the matrix.

You still lock balls behind shield in the premium. It’s a different mb

#806 5 years ago

Why the f$?& are people even mentioning DI?

#840 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Was Dialed In Yellow Brick Road announced? $11.5K?
[quoted image]

Since we keep talking JJP, who thinks the next JJP LE is priced $10,500?

#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Ramp goes to the upper playfield. Also the far left lane with vuk. This means that you can only go to the upper playfield with a right flipper shot : this is not good.
I think that de locked balls go behind the lock target and voa the vuk on the right hanitrail.

Game is going to be right flipper heavy but you will need to hit the drops on the right with the left flipper also right loop and possibly the light lock target right of the shield.

#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ you would think I bashed a JJP game for the amount of hate this post got!
Sure multiball can scratch balls, never said otherwise. I fail to see how voicing a concern about a motorized ball smacking head-on into game balls repeatedly is invalid. Most captive balls actually give when hit and this one is going to be hitting back with (what looks like) some serious momentum. I anticipate this will be something owners have to keep an eye on. I never said it would be something that ruins the game or that causes this game to be a turd... I EVEN SAID I AM BUYING ONE! I have to keep reminding myself this place has quite a few members with sand perma-stuck in their vaginas....

I gave you a thumbs up because your response was hilarious. Seriously don’t take it that seriously. It’s only pinball.

#1172 5 years ago

Back on topic rules card

B970041C-A59D-4558-8492-0A51F8936E74 (resized).jpegB970041C-A59D-4558-8492-0A51F8936E74 (resized).jpeg
#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Knight mode sounds cool! Bummed by the lack of main modes on the lighting wheel though. There seems to be 6 traditional modes and all the rest are "super modes" which more often then not come across as filler modes with the same shot being hit over and over again.

I think this game will play fast and mean. 6 modes maybe enough. I have only completed the modes on maiden a few times on factory settings.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It does on the Pro - no upper playfield.

Virtual locks behind the shield same as premium

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Also Looks like the ball launches straight on to the upper pf.

Says in matrix on premium player can select to go upper or lower.

#1251 5 years ago

There are 3 shots on upper playfield- loop,lock, lock target

Doesn’t sound like the pro will have the catapult mb so no 6 ball mb

Pro will be faster from what I gather but missing the catapult mb may suck.

#1282 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be cool but if there's a lift ramp in the shooter lane on the premium Stern would be sure to mention it in the feature matrix. Very unique idea!

Yes I edited my comment. Not a lift ramp.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ya man, no pop bumper either. agreed.

No pops on top but 3 on bottom. How may on the first 2?

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yes sir, but it seems as all you would be doing on the upper play field is shooting for the lock. Just my two cents.

I agree. It’s really the only thing unless the loop is valuable. Might stick with the pro. You guys are talking me into a pro. Keep it up.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]
it's always nice to see when celebs like mr. macculloch and mr. robertson can take time for those "make a wish" kids

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I cannot believe that I just read through 2 pages of art nitpicking.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE can we all move on now....

Yeah I know when I walk up to a pinball machine, the first thing I do is stare at the art for at least 20 minutes making sure everything is perfect and anatomically correct before I put my money into the machine.

#1508 5 years ago

Hello, I have no neck! No neck! Still one of the best early ss games made.

I don’t give a rat’s ass the guy has no neck.

EFEFDF6A-66C9-4BCD-91BC-2CF3A816973B (resized).pngEFEFDF6A-66C9-4BCD-91BC-2CF3A816973B (resized).png
#1509 5 years ago

Look at this monstrosity!!! The horse’s hoof is backwards.

RustyLizard better sell that BK2K. Better not see one at league.

187952E3-7F27-4A27-B27B-97DF66866387 (resized).png187952E3-7F27-4A27-B27B-97DF66866387 (resized).pngE285D3DC-2568-4221-83D9-73099D54B0D2 (resized).jpegE285D3DC-2568-4221-83D9-73099D54B0D2 (resized).jpeg
#1512 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not to mention the BK was lefty in 1980 and righty in 1989 and ambidextrous in 2019!

Black Knight is such a badass he can beat you with just his legs

DC8F776C-D1D3-4302-B9E6-8499A213D7E5 (resized).jpegDC8F776C-D1D3-4302-B9E6-8499A213D7E5 (resized).jpeg
#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just stare at Jungle Lord's issue and this won't bother you.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just stare at Jungle Lord's issue and this won't bother you.

I just like staring at the turtle on Police Force.

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"Power" and "super" modes always come across as filler modes in my opinion and are a grind as they have the player hitting the same shot over and over again. It's a way to artificially inflate the number of modes in the game and avoid coding more interactive modes. Stern seems to love these types of modes and it looks like they are just transferred from game to game.
Whenever I see a bunch of "super" or "power" modes offered on a $6k-$9k pin I can't help but to cringe. They offer little value in terms of helping to justify the cost of the game and get old quick. BK3 seems to have a ton of them on the lighting wheel.

more of the same panzerfreak

#1608 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well, Dialed In has 11 main disaster modes that are not filler modes but rather objective based with unique animations, light shows, etc. The Bob modes are the throwaway type modes in that game but thankfully theres only a few and also custom animation work for them and a dedicated multiball mode at the end of them to reach. BK3 though only has 6 main modes and a ton of filler type modes.

The 11 Diaster modes are pretty simple.
Shoot the theater 3 times
Shot these 3 shots

#1611 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, you haven't played the game at all, or don't understand the ruleset, because that's not true. Why are you now criticizing Dialed In yet again in a BK3 thread and now making things up about its ruleset?

I own Dialed In. I probably know it better than you do. You’re on here criticizing every Stern game.

#1614 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like you don't understand its ruleset as theres much more to it then what you described. Also, I'm not criticizing every Stern game here, my goodness. I just complemented several Stern pins a few posts ago. The only thing I brought up was the mundance nature of super modes. Sorry I questioned anything. Don't question anything, just hand Stern your money!

I’m not going to sit here and right down every mode on dialed in. Most are 3-6 shots to complete. You just compare every stern release to a jjp game.
I understand your passion for jjp but that few days that is all you have done is criticize stern and bring up how jjp is better. If you need references I’ll post them.
Have you said anything positive about BKSoR?

#1619 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes multiple times! I mentioned things about the cool toy design of the Black Knight, the music, the 6 objective based modes, etc. Not going to repost them all. You are picking sentences and phrases out of my posts like a political ad.
Critical discussion and points is normal in a general thread about a game.

My apologies then. Just saw your last few posts.

#1644 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What other modern games only have a return to the right flipper ?

Avatar, BBH, GB pro, homepins Thunderbirds
Funhouse only returns to left flipper so does Twilight Zone as does FYG and Shrek, Baywatch.
TNA has no return to any flipper in lane and it is an awesome game
One of the most popular games of all time Addams Family

#1647 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

GB pro ?
Seems pretty standard , but I’m sure it will shoot well still

Thank you

#1842 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

So I took the afternoon off for nothing. JK

Guy on the stream said he Canceled his dialysis appointment.

#1849 5 years ago

I canceled my preorder for a pro today. Decided to wait and see and play the game at MGC.

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Stern would disagree
[quoted image]

Don’t ever question epthegeek. He is never wrong. Because he is right.

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Certainly possible that a specific multiball will be Premium/LE only, but does it follow that the Pro will ship with six balls but not have any modes that use six balls? Isn't it more likely that there will be at least one mode that's on all versions and uses six balls?

Avengers has six balls. I don’t think a single mb uses all six.

1 week later
#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The upper playfield is not that fun. I want the premium art but the pro is more fun.

It’s just not fun if you can’t lock the balls. . I stacked both Multiballs and it was awesome.

Some of the Premiums played different. Some the feeds were bad to the upper flipper from the lower and even the loop.
Played a few where everything was perfect.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Can you backhand the ramp?

Yes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.