(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1781 5 years ago

Good fun!

#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone think the clear upper PF is going to be so scratched after a short while so you won't be able to see thru it? I had a WPT that had this issue and with the recent cheapening that Stern does I wouldn't doubt if the plastic isn't has durable as in the past. I ordered a pro but really like the look of the upper PF. I'd like to play one first and upgrade later if possible but that plastic playfield has me concerned.

It’s Lexan and has been used without scratching on other games or without issue. Dialed In has a smallish Lexan upper playfield. Zero scratches or issues and the ball bounces and pounces on it all the time. Keep the balls in good order and wood or Lexan playfield will too.

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I love BK2K so this machine has really sparked my interest in possibly buying my 1st NIB title (even though I've considered others I just never followed through). I understand the upper play field is an iconic feature for the title but; is that and it's components the only difference in the Pro and Premium? The Feature Matrix seems to state that case but maybe I'm missing some other features. Do you think that additional cost of the Premium is too high if the only difference is the upper play field? Perhaps the game play is so much better that the additional cost is justified but either way from the teaser videos this looks like an amazing game.
Usually my budget is less than the cost of a Pro model but I'm hopeful I can somehow find the funds.
Honestly, the biggest disappointment to me is the lack of the mirrored backglass found on the LE model.

Look at the feature sheet LE has:

Upper play field
Mirrored back glass
High end speakers sound system
Invisaglass
Metal flake powder coat paint on all legs and armor, gold bolts
Appears to have lighted speaker rings or colored speaker rings
Inside art blades
Collectors number plate
Signed plate by SR
Shaker motor
Unique art package and back glass

Yes, getting a lot more than just upper playfield on an LE. Add that all up, the value is there. They didn’t use to have this deep extras list on LEs. But since Munsters LE, LE features and quality has really gone up! Impressed now that Stern is giving us LE buyers what we want for extra money spent.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If lexan is so durable, why doesn’t any manufacturer make their entire playfield from it and reverse print art on the underside? If you need a window, mask that area of artwork? Something tells me it isn’t quite that easy ...

JJP successfully used it on DI. Not a scratch on mine.

BTW, I prefer wood always, but understand why they’re using Lexan in this case. I would hope we never see anyone using Lexan for main playfield. Will stop buying if that happened. Wood is part of the charm.

#1880 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I mean plexi for main playfield plus upper playfield. Get rid of the wood that keeps dimpling.

Dimpling too is part of the charm. It’s like a good Pantene on your leather phone case or wallet.

3 weeks later
#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I don't even like the fact that they put two set of flipper buttons on Munsters Premium. I didn't even realize at first I had to use the other flipper buttons once the lower playfield started. Can't they just figure that out in code, like Family Guy, when it goes to the mini playfield?

Well actually Stern did figure it out. If the extra buttons were not installed, playing multiball on the upper and lower playfield at the same time would be pointless, with only one set of flipper buttons.

Two sets of flipper buttons is a big feature on the Munsters, in order to allow upper/lower independent multiball at the same time. Never been done before and is quite a rush to play and get use to accomplishing all at the same time. Now if we only had four eyes. Lol

(I see now where someone else explained this too!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.