(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRudyB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3275 4 years ago

Can frankmac and anyone else who has played the game with a shaker motor installed describe what different game events trigger its activation? Frankmac said he'd like to see more shaker motor activation in future code releases, so I'm wondering what/when it activates now and what/when else folks think it might be effective if it was added.

1 month later
#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does the fact that they made the inserts labeled with location names instead of monster names make you guys think there are other monsters in the future?

It's a cool thought and would be even cooler if it happens.

I like that they went with the location names instead of monster names if for nothing more than that little bit of short-lived suspense you got/get the very first time you have to deal with a location, but don't quite know what you're up against until it splashes on the display.

Adding one monster to each location (with each monster presenting a different challenge mission for the player, not just repainting the same challenge in that location) could be interesting.

The first time you enter a given location, the game picks which monster/game task you have to deal with at random so even experienced players will still get a teeny bit of suspense before the monster you'll actually be up against is revealed. You still need only to complete one monster in each location to advance toward the castle.

A difficulty setting could also let the owner/operator decide if locations are locked out after a monster is defeated or if the location is available to be revisited necessitating that the player battle the other monster.

Thus in the "easy" setting once you beat either monster in a given location, that location is marked completed and cannot come up again until after a player is successful against one of the monsters in all other locations and finally burns down the castle.

In the "hard" setting, once you have defeated a monster in a given location, that location is still marked as completed for purposes of attacking the castle - but it remains in the "location rotation" and is available to be revisited compelling the player to battle the other monster. Once both monsters in a location have been defeated, the location is taken out of the rotation. In other words: the other monster in a location gets a chance to stall your march toward the castle if you start a location that you have already completed.

An "extra hard" setting could require both monsters in each location to be defeated before the player gets a chance to torch the castle of Mr. Meanness.

Heck, you could even throw in a setting that would allow the owner/operator to now decide if a location must actually be completed or simply visited in order to be credited as completed on the player's trek to the castle - and whether it requires 1 or 2 visits or 1 or 2 completions.

(My sincere apologies to Tim now that I look back on all of this ... you clearly don't need my crazy ideas given the great things you're doing - and I'm 100% sure you do not need any more work!)

1 week later
#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone receive their Premium Black Knight

My distributor's shipper called this afternoon to arrange delivery of mine on Tuesday.

1 week later
#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Been playing a lot of BKSoR LE and have one complaint about the current code which ruins the enjoyment of the game -> mode he!! I have played 200+ games and haven’t completed a major mode yet - wtf? I don’t get why the current rules mandate you complete 3 levels of a mode before the mode is finished and the wheel insert lights. It is fine that you stay in the mode between balls. It is too hard to complete 3 levels ... Toooooo Haaarrd! Stern please change.... One way the levels could work that would be a win/win with the world is
1) continue carrying over incomplete modes between balls. That is the easy part.
2) award the wheel insert after completing level 1 of three major modes. Game then exits mode level 1 and that mode must be restarted to try level 2 and a chance to win a knight letter. Game then exits mode level 2 and that mode must be restarted to try level 3 and a super bonus and extra ball. This would remove the log jam of not being able to complete modes and reduce major frustration.
This adds more strategery to the game -> select level 1’s of all modes in bid to complete the circle. Or repeated select one major mode in bid to complete level 3 to earn an extra ball and big bonus points. TIM SEXTON please consider. Otherwise the game is a gem because of the prem/le layout and game play. It is currently undiscovered because of the code, and with the right refinements this game will sing. It is pretty close and this might push things over the top where we want them. Game is currently around 35ish based on a few rankings, needing a few hundred more people to weigh in before went know where it will settle on Pinside 100. If game was perfected, game might sit in top 20. It would definitely garner my tippy vote for game of the year. If game is not significantly changed from last update, game might head towards the 50 spot.
Free advice ?? Just Do it -> Stern.

At least consider doing this as an owner/operator adjustment setting.

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I bet the new physical enhancement being relieved tomorrow is the topper!!!

The announcement says: "In addition to this code update, Stern will reveal a new physical game enhancement that will extend the upper playfield gameplay experience." So unless they go full Banzai Run from the upper playfield, it is most definitely not the topper.

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys i installed the new launcher but it feels much weAker then the original any tips ?[quoted image]

Switch the long springs on each shooter.

#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think your right its the weight of the head, but now I can barely make it to upper playfield and for some reason the catapult lock seems like 10x harder to make that shot. It was easier with the old shooter. I think I will return the new one.. just doesn't work right
Mo

If you can't make it to the top, don't return the awesome plunger just yet - try upgrading to a stronger shooter spring. Shooter springs are color coded to reflect their strength. Spring tensions (from weakest to strongest) are:

Blue
Green
Standard
Orange
Purple
Gray/Silver
Red

Stern already chose a spring that's 1-step stronger than standard for BKSOR. So it's probably worth $1.50 (or in this case even $4.50) to try a stronger spring before you return that gorgeous plunger.

#3883 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

No problems with the new shooter rod here.
Hopefully you installed it correctly. Those Phillips head screws are hard to remove and torque down right.
Wonder how many folks strip the phillips head screws trying to remove them?
It is much easier to do it the old way.
I wonder if they put the wrong springs on some of them to.

It's still a heck of lot easier to just swap the old shooter rod for the new shooter rod. The shooter plates are identical - why mess with it?

#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Premium built June 11th has the Interlock power switch on the coin door.

Mine was built on June 5th and it has it too.

2 weeks later
#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But BKSoR code needs is some pulsing, spinning lights that are integrated with gameplay. If not integrated, these will still look really good and should be at the top of your to do list.

Integrated with gameplay: YES PLEASE!

But tone down the flashing at bonus tally/end of ball - I’m trying to watch the display one of the few times I can really look at for a length of time while playing.

6 months later
#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I don't know if it has been posted here, Black Knight topper is available on backorder here for $449.99 :
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/black-knight-sword-of-rage-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7095-00/
[quoted image]

The placeholder that was on Stern’s website for several days until just recently listed the price at $399.99 so it might be worth waiting until it is officially released.

2 weeks later
#4038 4 years ago

Just in case anyone who may have missed it in the Honourable Knights Only thread might be interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/46#post-5493516

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheRudyB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=TheRudyB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.