(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dear Black Knight,
Please let there be at least one pop bumper.
Thank you.

no matter if we have the 2 magnets at the outlanes

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Maybe it’s a retheme of The Rolling Stones. Black Knight on a stick - the way they are getting cheaper to make more cash.

in this case, better a BIG BUCK HUNTER remake, as you only need to just set the knight on the buck (and spare the horse) !!!

#593 5 years ago

for all the old guys here, how this can't touch your nostalgia nerd !? by just watching teasers, seeing pics & listening to these sounds, i know i want one !!! i have the feeling that STERN will sell thousands of these

now, not saying all seems perfect (let begin with the magna save button being on the lockbar, and no return on the left flipper)
btw, for sure i'll wait the code is finish/complete to buy this one (and having a good player behind is a good thing for all those seeing code as one of the most important feature of a pinball)

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No fear pinball comes to mind when i look at this? Anyone else see this?

that was directly my 1st feeling (as others do may see GOT)...
was waiting some else to say it

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

This is a way better theme than Dialed In that will attract the non-pinball players. Everybody loves medieval themes. This one hits a home run!

correct of course !
but if you're a pinball player, you know DI is top class for everything else but the theme (which is finally not bad when you're in the game, lets say its not appealing at first)

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The stainless steel ramp portion on the upper playfield...is that just for releasing the balls from the lock?

if i "undertsand" what i see, no

multiball : the balls just came simply down from the lock place when delivered (small blocker there after the 3 optos)

that steel ramp on the right is for ball caming from the lower PF steel ramp, left to the knight, and feeding the upper PF

well, seems to me... !?

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I heard Lyman is coding the magnasave.

and Dwight is on the spinner... a very bad news for GB owners...

(dont blame me, that's only a bad joke)

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks, I see that now on the feature matrix: "Half Pipe shot to the upper playfield at the end of the Flail Lane". It does seem a bit odd that the those two left side shots both feed the upper playfield. I guess there is at least an orbit shot between them, and either shot could be closed off by the drop target or flail

there is an orbit shoot between :

on the left : vuk to the upper PF lower left entry
than orbit lane to W A R
than metal ramp to the upper PF upper left entry

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

...Center metal ramp looks like it has a flap that opens directing the ball towards the pops

i see the flap (2 in fact), but nothing logical and/or open to get the ball back directly in the pop
and no "moving" ramp in the PDF... a miss or a surprise !? dont think so

#1732 5 years ago

than, for those caming late, it will be this :

bk (resized).jpgbk (resized).jpg

until (as said above), it could be a joke of the joke and we'll see the new one (evbd is hoping so)

#1997 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would they have you load six balls in the pro if it wasn’t going to use them all? Are there games that actually do that?

bally pool sharks, i think 2 balls loaded in the rack, but its a 1 ball game (to be confirmed)

#2494 5 years ago

personaly, if i have to use only 1 word after this stream, it will be : disappointed

strange feeling, as i was waiting so much from this franchise (may be too much ???)
i dig the overall artwork, colors, theme, screen animations, and of course sounds (even if already too repetitive with some music loops, remember BK2K)

but as a player, the flow & the gameplay !? oups no...
i know its still way too soon to have already a full judgement (and here i dont forget the code), but when they're saying "amazing" at the end of the stream, sorry, its not my feeling

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

... but one thing I love about BK2K is the huge buildup to a multiball, where you're possibly left with nothing, and if you get that Jackpot shot your payoff is huge. We didn't see a lot about hurry ups, which is core to previous Black Knights... especially ones that build in value over repeated attempts...

yes but no...
small OT about BK2K, which i'm sad about the gameplay "exploit" : upper PF > right flipper > left ramp... again, and again, and again, and ...
just done this last saturday, in the 2019 Belgian Championship freezone, and must admit, its not funny at all :/

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"virtual kickback" been a thing for many, many, many years. Like...I can easily trace it back to the Clinton years without even thinking.
It's also known as a "ball save."
Why are we complaining about this now?

because "kickback" means you have a coil to directly kickback the ball into the PF (and lets admit, its a nice feature)
ball save (which indeed is wroten on the insert) is a simple ball save...

#2529 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

For those of you complaining that its heavily a right flipper game, keep in mind a lot of those shots are backhandable and probably easier to shoot that way. So.......both lower flippers are important.

the prob is not being a right (or left) flipper game at first step, you must see deeper
the prob is, with this design, if you have a minimun of skill (see my BK2K video just above, or Keith yesterday), you will never lose the ball (well you will lol) !!! easy : upper PF, down to right flipper, and up again (with the left lane/vuk) above...

now, to not have this, its in Tim hands, he must code the game to avoid this giving points if someone plays as it (by forcing the player to absolutly shoot for things on the right side of the PF), else...

edit : (i forgot) there's a target in/to block the left lane, that's already a solution

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

This JJP vs Stern stuff is getting old... Plenty of people appreciate all pinball

+1

i'm in love with some STERN, and absolutly not with some others...
perfect same way about JJP (as now DI being my top pin of the moment)
and i'll admit i'm now also looking what AP is doing

if a pinball is good, no matter who build it ! just enjoy

2 weeks later
#3143 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Premium version - recorded at the Midwest Gaming Classic - Enjoy
Jeremy-Pinball Mayhem

somebody stole the TILT bob...

(i too like these slide saves)

#3144 5 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thank's for sharing this video because it's the first one making me consider a premium. To take advantage of the top playfield I should really get better at nudging.

the perfect opposite for me... i really have to play/test it hardly to ever think having it home...

#3193 4 years ago

you wanna mean this ???

bttf (resized).JPGbttf (resized).JPG

but we already all know this is NOT working !!! looooooooooooooooooooool

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The magnasave is on the lockdown bar so new players see it. It's that simple. Same reason Stern is adding videos showing you how to credit up and start a game, people are ignorant when it comes to pinball. Haven't you ever hung out at a spot with games on location and had to help some hapless soul figure out how to start their game after crediting up? It's all obvious to us, but new players find pinball super confusing, and it's hard to blame them.
A button on the side would go right over their heads, and Stern decided catering to location players made the most sense.
I haven't tried it, not saying I agree with it, but that's definitely why it's there. They just shipped a game with extra side flipper buttons (Munsters) it has nothing to do with cost or using lockdown bars with holes in them already. It's a hole drilled in a cabinet and a standard lockdown bar. Stern can do it.
Do you really think if Steve Ritchie wanted his button on the side of the cab he couldn't get it? It was a conscious call.

+1 with Cujo, STERN could have put that extra button on the side too...
than, agree with you, about those who will really drill their cab, seems quite "easy" to do it...
finally, about Munsters : i really dont like the extra buttons position, its way too close to the standard ones... :/

3 weeks later
#3488 4 years ago

no, from memory : AVATAR LE+TRON LE+X-MEN PREMIUM

2 weeks later
#3651 4 years ago

finally played BK3 this WE, more than few times...

quickly feel relax with the way it shot, and when you have them, OK, this is fun and it shot well (PRO version)

BUT

you cant miss ! as soon you hit the metal posts in the center of the PF, its the airballs fiesta :/
on the left (over the platics), on the right (in the shooterlane), under the glass, and even big back jumps over/behind the flippers !!!
end of ball

dont know if slope adjust & coils set up can help about this, but for most of us playing this pin, this was the main talking point

2 weeks later
#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

One more day to the new code!!!

are you talking about Ghostbusters !?

ok, sry, it's not fun...

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

...this piece of metal I once saw on WW?

come one, what a joke (when you're a pinball player)
this is how to simply kill the WW gameplay for sure... :/

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Was watching Twitch stream on the premium w/new code, the upper play field scoring concerns me a little.
Mainly what stops trapping balls on left flipper and staying up top for MILL per loop zero risk up there. Flail is a good blocker, but left orbit gets to top just the same.
I think tournaments will do this on repeat. Please tell me I’m wrong cause I want the Prem/LE over Pro!

i had the same analyze/feeling about how this game will be played by good players and/or in tournaments...

the prob is : there's only 1 and only 1 way to go down from the upepr PF, and that's an easy trap on the right flipper (do you remember BK2000 !?)...
than from there, it should become quickly easy to shot the left lane/ramp, this will kill the gameplay :/

and than, as nothing can be done physically, may be a solution would came from the code ?
to force players to shoot above AND under, may be a 1st simple idea : the lower LOCK target will lit the upper LOCK, and vice versa the upper LOCK target will lit the lower LOCK
for sure, some others things (including combos shoots) may works too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanted
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RipleYYY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=RipleYYY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.