(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

has the pricing been released yet?

Quoted from rai:

Where can I find the pictures of premium vs LE?

From a distributor e-mail I received:

PRO $5799
Premium $7499
LE $8999
AyzKRbjs (resized).jpegAyzKRbjs (resized).jpegjZqFwl9Q (resized).jpegjZqFwl9Q (resized).jpegvN66dNtQ (resized).jpegvN66dNtQ (resized).jpeg

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Does the flail spinner spin in both directions? To reject the ball under some scenarios?

From SR: "He spins a bi-directional Flail..."

#979 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Being his 3rd attempt it had better be good as my mate just reminded me. The other Black knights were average.

Undoubtedly pinball is rather subjective. Perhaps you need someone like me to remind you that Black Knight is one of the best pins of all time? (joking here of course over your wording, but it is a top game for me). Unfortunately BK2K is below average for me (love the audio, but that's about it).

One reason I purchased a Black Knight was due to my memory of "The Pinball Wizard" episode on "Are You Afraid of the Dark?". It essentially featured Black Knight in theme...or at least fantasy medieval characters in a mall setting (my 7 year old self saw it in 1992 and nostalgia for it remained). The Black Knight pin was present in the episode and the figure holding a mace near the machine comes to life as a villain. I'm going to assume I'm in them minority when it comes to this show having an influence on my pinball collecting, but Black Knight remains one of my favorite games to play solo (usually with fast-paced synthwave music playing in the background).

Premium version of BKSR is looking like something I'll want eventually, but will probably hold out for a used one considering how much less I saw IMDN premiums going for (lightly used premium IMDN showed up locally a day after I got my Pro...and for not much more over the NIB Pro cost).
dark1 (resized).jpgdark1 (resized).jpgdark2 (resized).jpgdark2 (resized).jpg

#981 5 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

What makes the game great though take away the theme?

I liken Black Knight to Tetris in gameplay. Fairly simple, repetitive goals that increase in difficulty to reach a high score (eventually having to knock all the lower playfield drops multiple times to progress, etc.). The gameplay is addictive for me, the magna saves never get old, it's my favorite game to rip the spinner on when lit, and I never feel like I've been playing too long before draining (always seems exciting to keep the ball in play). Some games (particularly modern games with ball times that are too long without a particular set-up) have me feeling like I'd rather walk away than finish the game. GB got to the point where I set it to 1-ball play with no extra balls (my friends and girlfriend won't let me sell it :p).

I also have two regular balls and one glo-ball in my BK to spice it up a bit.

However, I'm not sure I've ever played one at a show that didn't play poorly (either a bad set-up or weak flippers). I rebuilt my flippers and such when I got my game and it plays great.

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pretty sure the game will know what position the mace is in and go horizontal at times to open the lane up. It's not so much a spinner as it is a bash toy (I think) that will be out of the way when designed to be.

Exactly, it appears to be programmed to fight/block you when it spins either direction and gives you a free shot at the lane when horizontal/not spinning. So it's mechanical and controlled rather than a loose spinner.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Whew long thread and not sure if this was mentioned but seems like the knight mace spinner won’t work well and shots will Brick in the horizontal position, like the pic below. Seems like it would be better to have one spring ball slightly heavier, so the more weighted one returns below so the mace spinner is always vertical and ready for another hit.
[quoted image]

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dead flip bk stream this evening... [quoted image]

He added a video noting he's headed to meet Steve and Tim at Stern, so either the "joke" is being continued, or we're really going to see BKSR at ~6pm.

EDIT:

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Jack just out up a video saying he is Heading to Stern to Stream it.

Missed your post before posting mine (though I don't recall him saying anything specific to suggest he'll be streaming BKSR)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.