(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#596 5 years ago

Looks pretty amazing visually. I find it weird that they called it Sword of Rage and the Knight has a flail, should have just used another name. Seems a little bit old guy juvenile for me, its like a Tenacious D knock off. Tenacious D is killer in small doses but I don't I think I can personally tolerate it in my home as I keep my pins for a long time. Looks like a must play on location and at shows though. I guess in fairness Steve Ritchie had this style long before Tenacious D but they have similar inspiration.

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It wouldn't be Pinside if there weren't people complaining that the game has a sword in the name but the main toy isn't holding one.

I'm not complaining, it was a simple observation, I wouldn't even go so far as to call it a criticism. No reason to start defending the hive.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

So, the Black Knight isn't the one with the "Sword of Rage". You--the player--are using your "Sword of Rage" to defeat the Flail holding Black Knight. I think....

I think its just a minor continuity error most of the art he has the sword in hand. Looks like on one of the backglasses he has the flail and the toy has the flail everything else has the sword.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Jesustittyfuckingchrist.

I know this thread should move on but this comment with your user name was comedy gold.

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Just like Lily's shoulders on the Munsters LE... Every time I play my machine it pisses me off... LOL Looks like Herman smashed her head down below her shoulder blades...... uggg

That one is way worse than the sword for me. It's a human face and its in the wrong spot, no way to overlook that. I guess technically its the arm that is too high but its still blatant.

1 week later
#2427 5 years ago

I used to hope for modern software features and graphics but have adjusted myself to pinball. This looks like a great effort from Stern. I couldn’t tolerate it in my house. The music, one flipper play and dated style just wouldn’t work for me long term. I wish it was a little modernized with a similar art style to Game of Thrones. The show not the pin. I will happily drop coins every time I see this pin on location.

#2533 5 years ago

I watched some of this again this morning. At the reveal I felt this was a bit too close to Tenacious D, now I wish it was more. Now it just seems like its trying way to hard to be Metal. This whole style for me works as bit of a laugh, when it's serious like this it's just super cringey. None of this is hard or scary or in any way horror, its just cheesy without humor. I was half expecting the Hand of Hell to give the Sword of Rage a tuggy. I'll still give this a go on location it will be good fun. That being said I need Stern to move away from this area for a while, I've had enough of this old guy hard core.

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'll never understand. So if this was the same pin but say, an AC/DC theme you'd buy it?
How can anyone consider a game that they may not like shooting but say f*&^ it, it's a cool THEME?
Should be just the opposite.
I can't stand IMDN music or POTC movies, but when a pin is good...it's good.

I think it should just be up to the person. Theme goes a long way for me in the home environment. I can play anything at a show or on route but in my house it's entirely different.

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sounds like Stern might stop steaming early as it sounds like they are going to lose alot of money with people switching to pros

The idea of waiting in hopes your customers wont realize they are being sold an inferior product for more money is a terrible way to run a business. Just make a better product and stream it in a positive way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.