(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #139 Info about legal entities - licensing Posted by PPS (5 years ago)

Post #425 Link to pictures and interview of SR Posted by ASOA (5 years ago)

Post #449 Pictures of the game Posted by NeilMcRae (5 years ago)

Post #482 High resolution cabinet pictures Posted by BoJo (5 years ago)

Post #505 Rule card Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #517 Gameplay videos Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #521 Link to interviews Posted by PinB (5 years ago)

Post #647 Feature matrix Posted by ovfdfireman (5 years ago)

Post #3606 Explains how the upper PK is mounted Posted by swilson143 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2245 5 years ago

Would love to see a "remake" of Pharaoh too!
Oh, they did already???
It's called what?
Iron Maiden?
LOL

2 weeks later
#3188 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The magnasave is on the lockdown bar so new players see it. It's that simple. Same reason Stern is adding videos showing you how to credit up and start a game, people are ignorant when it comes to pinball. Haven't you ever hung out at a spot with games on location and had to help some hapless soul figure out how to start their game after crediting up? It's all obvious to us, but new players find pinball super confusing, and it's hard to blame them.
A button on the side would go right over their heads, and Stern decided catering to location players made the most sense.
I haven't tried it, not saying I agree with it, but that's definitely why it's there. They just shipped a game with extra side flipper buttons (Munsters) it has nothing to do with cost or using lockdown bars with holes in them already. It's a hole drilled in a cabinet and a standard lockdown bar. Stern can do it.
Do you really think if Steve Ritchie wanted his button on the side of the cab he couldn't get it? It was a conscious call.

I really think they should have put a Magna Save button on the right side on the cabinet next to the flipper button AND on the lockbar so people have their choice. I was surprised not to see the MagnaSave on both outlanes.

I own a Pharaoh and after mastering both MagnaSave's , it makes saving balls a lot easier to keep the game going. A super cool feature introduced back in the early 80's...Wish it was implemented the same way on BKSOR

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Save better!"
- Steve Ritchie probably

That would confuse people I think. Just thinking about it from the perspective of people walking up to play it.
It's a really easy mod for anyone to do, drilling a hole, running some wires, boom, you've got the dual save setup. It means drilling your cab, but do it clean and perspective buyers will probably dig it.

Well they could have labeled the button on the side with a COOL MagnaSave decal as well. Anyone should be able to figure that out if they can read.

I don't even like the fact that they put two set of flipper buttons on Munsters Premium. I didn't even realize at first I had to use the other flipper buttons once the lower playfield started. Can't they just figure that out in code, like Family Guy, when it goes to the mini playfield?

I played 3-4 games on BKSOR the other day and I'm so used to hitting that top button on ST:PRO, GOTG and other Stern recent pins, I'll hit it just because it's blinking thinking I got a bonus coming.. LOL

#3212 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

That's one of the best features of Munsters. When you get multiball on the upper and lower playfields, simultaneously, you are supposed to play each ball on its own merits as it comes towards one of four flippers. It's hard to get your head around this (playing four not two flippers, on four not two buttons) but it can be done with enough practice.
So there is nothing to "figure out" in the code. The code is brilliant and well integrated. A few things could be improved but it's only at 0.99!
I don't know of any other pinball machine that gives the player that kind of challenge and the opportunity to increase their skill levels by training their brain to be playing four separately controlled flippers. It's a little like playing the drums, and eventually reaching a stage where you have four limbs playing a different beat to each other, yet in sync with the music. Not easy to do. But it can be done!

Thanks to take the time to explain this. I had no idea that you could have upper and below playfield multiballs going on at the same time.
You are right. If one can master four buttons without just flailing on them that will be quite the achievement.
(I am finally getting the hang of playing Inverted Straight Jacket mode in Houdini). Great Mode...

I played a Munsters Premium today at Little Shop Of Games (Great Place) and didn't even break a million on one of my games.
So it will be neat to see it happen as the code develops on this pin...

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I only played 15 to 20 games but half of those games had at least one ball hop over the lanes for a cheap drain. I wonder if bksor will get the extender treatment like Ghostbusters did? How are you guys finding it in a home environment?

That happened to me several times too in the few games I had played.
Turned the slingshot power down to 18 from 28 and slings still were pounding!
The outlanes already have a high wire bar ( higher than ghostbusters) so not sure much more can be done but I'd like to set the sling power down.

What are these "flailing" settings I see? There are several with options to change that setting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Wanted
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 16.00
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.