(Topic ID: 239218)

Black Knight Sword of Rage!!! - Sterns next machine!!!

By Blacksun

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,038 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheRudyB
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E48B5703-B4A1-44F6-83C5-A6D82CDCA4AC (resized).jpeg
F5EBA634-1EB9-4166-9F97-F7FE168D0140 (resized).jpeg
BK.Topper (resized).jpg
20190725_121826 (resized).jpg
20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif
B404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gif
F1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gif
F65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif
99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif
20190711_155707 (resized).jpg
sword fight (resized).jpg
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
2415D789-F42C-4E38-9CD5-8647071A1183 (resized).jpeg
EAD654D2-AEF6-4436-8D3F-9AE5F4131ED3 (resized).jpeg
DF6D006E-0021-4BDC-8DD2-5D81B373B66A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 81.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Integrated with gameplay: YES PLEASE!
But tone down the flashing at bonus tally/end of ball - I’m trying to watch the display one of the few times I can really look at for a length of time while playing.

maybe lightshows could be added following ball lock, after each Knight letter, before/after wizard mode etc. the lighting needs to set the mood and create an experience that pumps you up and matches the urgency of the sit. Who wants light shows on BKSOR to be balls out, kick-ass, twippy-winning awesome?

Enter a pitch black room, walk over to BKSOR prem and power it up. Gonna bounce on heavy metal and trip to music and lighting before I coin up. ..... status - awaiting Stern lightshow magic. Come on Stern, bring it. This is Steve mf Ritchie’s best game. JUST DO IT! and BE BEST.

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

waiting on announcement BKSoR:WDE (White Damsel Edition) where the cabinet shows a damsel in partial white armor crawling. prem/LE really rocks. Now we need some sizzle.
STERN -> I'd like to see way more light show action than is in the code. I am thinking in the range of 5x the currently action. I want to see the circle of lighting bolts going crazy throughout the gameplay and during some modes. Whether they are white and cycling, changed to faster and then faster and then pulsing and then solid lit or whether they use chasing color patterns or any combination of stuff. But BKSoR code needs is some pulsing, spinning lights that are integrated with gameplay. If not integrated, these will still look really good and should be at the top of your to do list.

Well... to be honest now that you mention it it'd be cool to rescue a sexy damsel...

#3953 4 years ago

Id like to see an actual multiball where you battle the knight. I still feel the knight toy is extremely underused

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Id like to see an actual multiball where you battle the knight. I still feel the knight toy is extremely underused

When I see how than Guy in Champions Pub moves I'm even more sad that the Black Knight doesn't even 'shake'.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When I see how than Guy in Champions Pub moves I'm even more sad that the Black Knight doesn't even 'shake'.

Itd just be great to have more reason to bash the knight which is boderline suicide. Like so many hits to the knight triggers a mode. Hit his shield till it raises lock it which adds a ball once your back to single ball the modes over

#3956 4 years ago

The irony is that the flail, knight and shield target are bash toys, yet are so dangerous they should be avoided or targeted with extreme care. I also think you need at least one black knight mode where you have to bash the crap out of those targets WITH BALL SAVE ON. It would add the missing physical connection a player needs to bond with the game. Like anger therapy participants having a violent pillow fight, it feels great to bash away and GET YOUR RAGE ON. Rage is part of the name for crying out loud. Then add the enhanced light shows above and you’ve created a twippy winning game.

0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif0E9C9593-9839-4A73-B78A-634FDE418B65.gif99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gif99B0FC91-C8EF-42FC-962A-D453CD65A7FB.gifB404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gifB404A860-F9FD-437A-A4B4-8F331DA8B3BE.gifF1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gifF1A4E53B-23E1-413F-A7EB-9C5CAF11BA13.gifF65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gifF65E8C0C-8152-4782-AEB4-81447A018FC6.gif

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Why didn't they go with two flippers and at least one bank of drop targets?

Unlike the two previous versions, this game has a full playfield below the upper playfield. There would be no place for the drop targets to drop to. Adding those things to the upper playfield would mean removing things from the lower playfield below them and putting the mechanics in plain view through the clear playfield.

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Unlike the two previous versions, this game has a full playfield below the upper playfield. There would be no place for the drop targets to drop to. Adding those things to the upper playfield would mean removing things from the lower playfield below them and putting the mechanics in plain view through the clear playfield.

Oh yeah because those pops below the upper playfield are so important /s

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Oh yeah because those pops below the upper playfield are so important /s

War lanes are! Also helps to see the ball coming around.

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Added some mirror blades, lighted buttons and red shooter rod[quoted image][quoted image]

those look great as well. Not sure what to get now!

#3961 4 years ago

Any word on new code for the pro?

#3962 4 years ago

1.00 code is out. Even for the Pro!

LE V1.00 - July 24, 2019
==========================
Fixed:
- Fixed an issue where the catapult lock light show did not always play in
sync with the display effect for the lock.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from starting super features.
- During ball search, the right drop target bank would always try to reset 3
times. This has been changed to try up to 3 times if the bank fails to reset.
- Fixed an issue where the Loop Champion high score could not be above 5
loops.
- Fixed the formatting of high score entries that did not show score on enter
initials screens.
- Fixed an issue in Hell Hand mode where players could sometimes have an
incorrect number of shots remaining.
- Fixed an issue in Lich Lords mode where when multiple shots were collected
at once they would not always advance toward a KNIGHT letter.
- Fixed an issue where adjustment "Attract Flipper Speech" would not control
flipper speech.

Tweaked:
- Refactored Black Castle mode.
- Increased scoring for all shots.
- Timer set to 99 seconds.
- Black Castle mode requires hitting all 3 center shots, then hitting a
remaining outside shot.
- After hitting an outside shot, the center 3 shots are lit again with
added difficulty to hitting the flail and shield devices.
- Once 4 sets of inner shots are completed, as well as 4 outer shots, the
shield will raise for a shot to start RAGE MULTIBALL.
- Final shot scoring includes a bonus for time remaining.
- If Black Castle mode times out, or is not completed, the Black Knight
survives and all modes become available once again.

- Changed default mode difficulty to EASY for all modes.
- After every time playing Black Castle mode during a game, all modes will
increase by 1 difficulty level up to the max difficulty level.

- Modified super feature timer. Timer now pauses during multiball.
- Default super feature time is now 20 seconds. Max time is 30 seconds.
Starting a new super feature adds 15 seconds.

- Increased the base scoring for WAR Hurryups to 2,000,000.
- Changed display effect priority when WAR Hurryups were running so you
can see the value of collected hurry-ups when a higher priority mode was
running.
- Changed the WAR Hurryup final shot display effect to show the value
collected at the final shot before going to mode total.

- Changed extra ball display effect to wait for other display effects.
- Changed Extra Ball is Lit display effect to allow flipper buttons to
dismiss.

- Changed KNIGHT Spellout display effect to wait for mode shot display
effects.
- Modified POWER rules. POWER will only last until end of ball, mode
completed, or mode timed out.
- Changed Black Knight's Eyes to pulse throughout the game.
- Boosted the vocals in the Retro and Ransom multiball tunes.
- Increased volumes of RANSOM sound effects.
- Raised the left drop target any time the player goes into the castle VUK in
single-ball play.
- Changed rules so upper playfield loops are only added to bonus on that ball
and do not carry bonus value throughout the game.
- Changed add-a-ball so it can now be awarded on the left drop target.
- Changed Black Knight's mask color to green when he announces a ball lock.
- Changed Hold Bonus so it cannot be chained together from a previously held
bonus.
- Added Millions PLUS scoring to Flail and LOOP during RANSOM Multiball.
- Changed Macin' Loops display effect priority so it would not show during
RANSOM multiball.

New:
- Added RAGE Wizard Mode.
- Started by defeating the Black Knight.
- Frenzy-based scoring.
- 6-Ball multiball.

- Added scoring increases to the base value of modes.
- Each mode completed boosts a new mode's starting value by 200,000.
- All modes boosted by 950,000 after Black Castle is played.
- Additional shots to the flail before starting the mode will boost the
starting value of the mode.

- Added U-Turn scoring. U-Turns are lit by shooting an orbit shot. U-Turns are
started by making another orbit shot and will open the gates. Making
U-Turn shots in succession without hitting another shot will increase scoring
and progress toward Extra Ball (Default 25 U-Turns.)

- Added Catapult Lock difficulty adjustment.
- On Hard setting, a player can only light 1 more lock than they already have
locked.
- Competition install sets Catapult Lock difficulty to MEDIUM.
- Added an adjustment to keep left drop target raised during multiball.
- Game Adjustment #29 DROP TARGET UP IN MBALL defaults to YES

- Display Effects
- Added text to mode award display effects showing shots remaining for KNIGHT
letter and shots remaining for mode completion.
- All modes when completed now have a (monster name) defeated display effect.
- Added a Triple Knights lock status screen to instant info.
- Added the pending super jackpot value to the game interface.
- Added Black Knight Sword of Rage game logo to power on display.
- Added U-Turn high score entry.
- Added a Black Knight icon to diagnostics menu.

- Lamp Effects
- Added a light show for building Sword of Rage power at the right drop target
bank.
- Added additional light effects to indicate when POWER is active during a
mode.
- Added skill shot and super skill shot lamp effects.
- Added KNIGHT spellout letter award light show.

- Sound Effects
- Added mode complete and mode timeout sound effects.
- Added new Black Knight speech to mode progression after a few modes
have been completed.
- Added speech to KNIGHT spellout display effect.
- Added sound effect for upper playfield lock kickout warning.

Note:
- Score balancing has been updated for this release. Scores earned on previous
releases will be reset when moving to v1.00.0.

Moved to System 2.31:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0

Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.

Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.

Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.

Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coindoor when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on new code for the pro?

Four minutes after when you asked. You have amazing timing!

#3964 4 years ago

LOL!!!!! I have been awaiting this!!!!!!!

#3965 4 years ago

Looks like lots of great ideas executed in this update and it is only now reaching v1.0. RAGE mode added and new lighting effects everywhere. Stern Team led by Tim S and Steve R have knocked this out of the park.

Already my favorite pin to play, I can’t wait to try the new rules. Haven’t started Knight twice in game yet but am getting close. Will be adding BKSOR prem to my collection soon. Those saying sales are in the shitter, may not realize sales have been slow but steady. Anecdotal evidence shows everything is fine - I know of 5 BKSOR’s in the area and that is good representation. 1 LE and 4 Prem and 0 Pro.

New:
- Added RAGE Wizard Mode.
- Started by defeating the Black Knight.
- Frenzy-based scoring.
- 6-Ball multiball.

#3966 4 years ago

I feel like it was a mistake lowering the mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.

My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.

That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I feel like it was a mistake lowering the mode difficulty to Easy. On the Prem/LE you can destroy modes on the upper playfield just smashing into the Light Lock switch (especially after adding in the new plastic/bump that knocks the ball right back to the flipper). I'm getting Knight spelled on pretty much every game (even the bad ones) as a result of this. Basically, with the default factory settings with this code you can almost guarantee you'll be getting an extra ball, spelling knight and progressing through at least a few modes on every game. It's just too easy now.
My second game on this code and I put up a 126 Mil game completing only like 3 or 4 modes (with a 7.5 deg slope and a relatively sensitive tilt). I'm probably going to be doing some menu diving just so I don't feel like I'm close to finishing the game every time I play.
That being said, most of the update is really great, and I'm excited to get to the new wizard mode.

As a pro owner, I am glad they changed it. Now KNIGHT is pretty easy the first time, but the second to get to Ransom is still a bear. Without changing the default to easy, I think Ransom would have been too far out of reach. It's a bit easier to reach the Black Castle now, but it's no pushover, and definitely not a given (for me anyway) that you can beat BK and get to RAGE. As it is now, Retro feels like a nicely obtainable mini-wizard mode, with Ransom and Rage being the true wizard modes. I can't see getting to either of them, much less both of them in one game, all that often. And if that changes, it's an easy settings change to make it harder.

It's great that Tim gave us the option in the settings. It's super easy to change them to whatever challenge level keeps it interesting for you! Always good to have options.

#3968 4 years ago

I could see maybe making easy between easy and regular .. and adding a “super easy or novice “ that’s like the current easy. Regular was a bear to spell knight or get to BK castle .

#3969 4 years ago

Played a bunch of BKSoR Pro on location today. Again.

I absolutely love this game.

BUT...

...well, peoples assumptions that it may not be the game that sells/ earns like hotcakes may be true.

My location has the 5 latest Stern Pro games (wich ist great).
Iron Maiden and Deadpool are dirty as heck and Maidens flippers and coils lost a lot of their strength after 1 - 3 months.
But BKSoR as well as Munsters pretty much look and play like new. Guardians of the Galaxy, wich is the oldest of the five, also looks like it hasn't seen much play compared to Maiden & Deadpool.

That's kinda sad. For me BKSoR is a home run and I'd like to get a good deal on a used machine. But while Munsters Pro seem to pile up for sale I didn't see ANY BKSoR locally yet. - I hope it's because everyone loves the game but I'm afraid it might be also because it never sold that well to begin with. :-/

Needz more money!

#3970 4 years ago

I was supposed to get a Premium as soon as it came out but personal reasons stopped that. I haven't been following this thread either. So whats the general consensus on this game, especially the premium, now that its out? I still really want one and should be able to get one soon. Thanks in advance for feedback.

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I was supposed to get a Premium as soon as it came out but personal reasons stopped that. I haven't been following this thread either. So whats the general consensus on this game, especially the premium, now that its out? I still really want one and should be able to get one soon. Thanks in advance for feedback.

Your wife doesn’t want you buying another game!

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Strummy!!! I was trashing the game when it came out because I was so disappointed in the upper playfield and the execution of the pro, but after playing the premium at Pintastic with the King himself.......I was sold. This pin has a personality like no other, it is full out in your face fun. I tried the pro, but thought it was an empty disaster. I will be buying a Premium down the road. All this being said.......Deadpool is still a better game in my opinion and lastly.......I AM NEVER SELLING MY BK2000!!

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Strummy!!! I was trashing the game when it came out because I was so disappointed in the upper playfield and the execution of the pro, but after playing the premium at Pintastic with the King himself.......I was sold. This pin has a personality like no other, it is full out in your face fun. I tried the pro, but thought it was an empty disaster. I will be buying a Premium down the road. All this being said.......Deadpool is still a better game in my opinion and lastly.......I AM NEVER SELLING MY BK2000!!

Are you saying that I won't get back the only game I ever regret selling? Hahahaaha

Thanks for the feedback Nick. I'm big on themes and Deadpool doesn't do it for me. The nostalgia factor of Black Knight is huge for me and if you say it kicks ass, all the better. I'm back on the can't wait to get one ship.

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Your wife doesn’t want you buying another game!

Wish it was the simple.

#3975 4 years ago

I tried the pro, but thought it was an empty disaster.

I think u thought that before u played the Pro, which is amazing by the way. A relentless fury of pinball action with the battling of beasts and a custom thrash metal soundtrack. As fun as a hooker on the 4th of July. No idea what that means but I've always deeply believed in it.

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think u thought that before u played the Pro, which is amazing by the way. A relentless fury of pinball action with the battling of beasts and a custom thrash metal soundtrack. As fun as a hooker on the 4th of July. No idea what that means but I've always deeply believed in it.

Ha! Now that is a great review. My problem with the pro is Steve could have easily put in two ramps to substitute for the upper playfield, which would have made it amazing, but instead he took a specific path that only involved “removing” and created something that frankly looks and plays like a “lazy design”. I love Steve, but to be fair, I try and judge all designs on the same merit.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Are you saying that I won't get back the only game I ever regret selling? Hahahaaha
Thanks for the feedback Nick. I'm big on themes and Deadpool doesn't do it for me. The nostalgia factor of Black Knight is huge for me and if you say it kicks ass, all the better. I'm back on the can't wait to get one ship.

It’s funny, I was thinking about selling it when I heard another one was coming out, but honestly, the new game is great, but doesn’t fully capture the upper playfield magic of the old. I still say BK2000 is better. My only concern with the premium was the upper playfield over time, but Steve said that I could order a back up, like I did with the ACDC lower playfield insert.

#3978 4 years ago

My problem with the pro is Steve could have easily put in two ramps to substitute for the upper playfield, which would have made it amazing,

Well who could argue with that, 2 ramps on the Pro would have been fantastic yet I'm don't seem to be missing it either. Strange. When I first walked up to BK3 pro at that Pin store I thought man this is pretty barren but after a game or 2 I was sold.

#3979 4 years ago

BK3 is like crack cocaine and scoring 200M is the rush. Have been challenging the Black Knight each day since the softening of rules and balancing of scores and love the changes. Have yet to reach Knight for a second time in game but getting really close.

Now that the code is reaching its final state, I have two remaining ideas for consideration. 1) add 3 second ball save to spelling of Rage at the inlanes. This gives player a chance to attack the three center targets during these brief flashes of safety while introducing a new strategic element. 2) have Steve Ritchie record Owners names ala Adam West. It would be even better for him to read whatever phrase the owner wanted. That could mean a nickname, first and last name or even insulting phrase. All phrases to be included on same game rom, allowing anyone to pick any choice. Stern could establish a hotline for owners to phone in their serial number (proof of ownership and unique identifier) and desired phrase. Could code customization become one of the most entertaining things Stern has introduced and be as fun as a barrel of monkeys? YES and this needs to be exploited a little further.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Could code customization become one of the most entertaining things Stern has introduced and be as fun as a barrel of monkeys? YES and this needs to be exploited a little further.

I think something like this will be possible once the machines have the ability to go online. All Spike 2 games will be able to go online once it is rolled out.

1 week later
#3981 4 years ago

I still say BK2000 is better

Duuuuuuuuuuuude!

I finally got to play BKSOR LE last weekend, and this weekend I played the Pro version.

Both are super fast, punishing games.

Pro looks barren, but is fast and fun to play. I thought the upper playfield on the Prem/LE looked barren in the pictures too, but playing it turned me around. Plays super nice.

BK2000 ... hey, I’m the Sys11 guy, I got all of them, and Bk2k is the best looking Sys11 game, the best sounding Sys11 game, but unfortunately the gameplay isnt the best. Catch. Up the top. Catch. Up the top. Keep doing that until the cows come home.

We had to remove it from the Brisbane Masters classics tournament yesterday as the games were taking sooooo lonnnnng they were holding up the rounds. Like .. almost an hour a game.

My BK2000 master plan is to remove the wireform at the front of the upper PF. The balls will just fly off the front of it! That’ll spice things up!

rd

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Duuuuuuuuuuuude!
I finally got to play BKSOR LE last weekend, and this weekend I played the Pro version.
Both are super fast, punishing games.
Pro looks barren, but is fast and fun to play. I thought the upper playfield on the Prem/LE looked barren in the pictures too, but playing it turned me around. Plays super nice.
BK2000 ... hey, I’m the Sys11 guy, I got all of them, and that game ... it’s the best looking Sys11 game, best sounding Sys11 game, but unfortunately gameplay is zzzzz.
Catch. Up the top. Catch. Up the top. Keep doing that until the cows come home.
We had to remove it from the Brisbane Masters classics tournament yesterday as the games were taking sooooo lonnnnng they were holding up the rounds. Like .. an hour a game.
My BK2000 master plan is to remove the wireform at the front of the upper PF. The balls will just fly off the front of it! That’ll spice things up!
rd

Black Knight game play ZZZZ????? Oh RD, you disappoint me!! I guess you have never gotten 22 loops in a row? If you are crazy enough to take of the wire form, I need video of the disaster. Rock on brother!

#3983 4 years ago

If you are crazy enough to take of the wire form, I need video of the disaster. Rock on brother!

You know I’ll post one up! Watch the fun!

Anything to break the monotonyyyyyy of catch/up/catch/up/catch/up!

rd

#3984 4 years ago

Just picked up a BKSOR Pro yesterday. Currently, it's using the 1.0 code but I do have a question. Is the Last Chance feature only on Premium/LEs? Same question for hitting the magnasave button during an outlane drain on the last ball. I know 1.0 got a lot of the features from the Premium/LEs but wasn't sure if this was included or not.

#3985 4 years ago

Hi. Quick question. I know this is somewhere in the thread but I can only find bits and pieces and not the info I need so....

I just upgraded from the Pro to the Premium. Love both games but decided the upper play field was a lot of fun so decided to go for it. It arrived yesterday. Now, I remember a few months ago STERN announced some type of tweak for the upper play field to keep the ball in play longer. I found a reference to an "optional post" that could be installed. Did you folks who have this "optional post" go through STERN for the part, through your distributor, or is it for purchase only from MARCO, Pinball Life, etc?

I really did try and search for the info but not finding what I need and figured it would not hurt to ask. Thanks!!!

#3986 4 years ago

My distributor had me email stern direct.

2 weeks later
#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

My distributor had me email stern direct.

Any pics of this extra post option? Anyone else have it?

#3988 4 years ago

There ya go!

20190725_121826 (resized).jpg20190725_121826 (resized).jpg20190725_121831 (resized).jpg20190725_121831 (resized).jpg
#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

There ya go![quoted image][quoted image]

Hi. Did your distributor send this to you? Stern said ask my distributor for the post. Distributor says ask Stern.

Thanks.

#3990 4 years ago

My distributor said ask stern, emailed stern and they just asked for my address and serial number. Had it in 3 days

#3991 4 years ago

I need to email Stern for a coindoor lockout kit. I got the new plastic and post from Pinball Life for $2 a while back.

#3992 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi. Did your distributor send this to you? Stern said ask my distributor for the post. Distributor says ask Stern.
Thanks.

Same here.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

My distributor said ask stern, emailed stern and they just asked for my address and serial number. Had it in 3 days

Who did you contacted at Stern. Parts not responding.

#3993 4 years ago

I may have went through tech support, not really sure

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I take everything steve says to heart. How dare you not take his word. Steve Ritchie is the Steve jobs of pinball.

I guess Steve Ritchie wouldn't be happy about this comparison

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I would probably replace the sleeve. I had an issue with a new game where one of the factory flipper sleeves was kind of crappy and greatly impacted performance.

Over the past few months I’ve replace the coil sleeve (twice). My distributor has sent me a replacement board. Neither had any impact. I’m to the point that I hardly play the game any longer as the bottom right flipper is so weak that I can’t get the ball up the ramp.

I’ve played other BKSOR LEs on-site and they all have plenty of power at the lower right flipper. I think I got a lemon.

Will be in touch with Stern again tomorrow. Hoping they can do something for me.

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

Over the past few months I’ve replace the coil sleeve (twice). My distributor has sent me a replacement board. Neither had any impact. I’m to the point that I hardly play the game any longer as the bottom right flipper is so weak that I can’t get the ball up the ramp.
I’ve played other BKSOR LEs on-site and they all have plenty of power at the lower right flipper. I think I got a lemon.
Will be in touch with Stern again tomorrow. Hoping they can do something for me.

That is a huge bummer! I guess it could be the coil? Does BKSoR have EOS switches or are they digitally controlled? If it has them, it could be that too? If Stern is helping you, I am sure they will know better than me. I have to believe they can get it fixed up. Keep us posted.

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from jmcadres:

Have you compared the voltage at the right flipper coil to the left flipper coil?

#3998 4 years ago

Did you check the coil stop? It's an epidemic.

1 month later
#3999 4 years ago

My experience with Stern QC has been pretty good until BKSOR. a few lose posts and screws but generally well assembled and well holding up. What’s going on recently with them?

#4000 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My experience with Stern QC has been pretty good until BKSOR. a few lose posts and screws but generally well assembled and well holding up. What’s going on recently with them?

Greed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

There are 4,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-next-pin-black-knight-sword-of-rage-pinball/page/80?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.