1.00 code is out. Even for the Pro!
LE V1.00 - July 24, 2019
- Fixed an issue where the catapult lock light show did not always play in
sync with the display effect for the lock.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from starting super features.
- During ball search, the right drop target bank would always try to reset 3
times. This has been changed to try up to 3 times if the bank fails to reset.
- Fixed an issue where the Loop Champion high score could not be above 5
- Fixed the formatting of high score entries that did not show score on enter
- Fixed an issue in Hell Hand mode where players could sometimes have an
incorrect number of shots remaining.
- Fixed an issue in Lich Lords mode where when multiple shots were collected
at once they would not always advance toward a KNIGHT letter.
- Fixed an issue where adjustment "Attract Flipper Speech" would not control
- Refactored Black Castle mode.
- Increased scoring for all shots.
- Timer set to 99 seconds.
- Black Castle mode requires hitting all 3 center shots, then hitting a
remaining outside shot.
- After hitting an outside shot, the center 3 shots are lit again with
added difficulty to hitting the flail and shield devices.
- Once 4 sets of inner shots are completed, as well as 4 outer shots, the
shield will raise for a shot to start RAGE MULTIBALL.
- Final shot scoring includes a bonus for time remaining.
- If Black Castle mode times out, or is not completed, the Black Knight
survives and all modes become available once again.
- Changed default mode difficulty to EASY for all modes.
- After every time playing Black Castle mode during a game, all modes will
increase by 1 difficulty level up to the max difficulty level.
- Modified super feature timer. Timer now pauses during multiball.
- Default super feature time is now 20 seconds. Max time is 30 seconds.
Starting a new super feature adds 15 seconds.
- Increased the base scoring for WAR Hurryups to 2,000,000.
- Changed display effect priority when WAR Hurryups were running so you
can see the value of collected hurry-ups when a higher priority mode was
- Changed the WAR Hurryup final shot display effect to show the value
collected at the final shot before going to mode total.
- Changed extra ball display effect to wait for other display effects.
- Changed Extra Ball is Lit display effect to allow flipper buttons to
- Changed KNIGHT Spellout display effect to wait for mode shot display
- Modified POWER rules. POWER will only last until end of ball, mode
completed, or mode timed out.
- Changed Black Knight's Eyes to pulse throughout the game.
- Boosted the vocals in the Retro and Ransom multiball tunes.
- Increased volumes of RANSOM sound effects.
- Raised the left drop target any time the player goes into the castle VUK in
- Changed rules so upper playfield loops are only added to bonus on that ball
and do not carry bonus value throughout the game.
- Changed add-a-ball so it can now be awarded on the left drop target.
- Changed Black Knight's mask color to green when he announces a ball lock.
- Changed Hold Bonus so it cannot be chained together from a previously held
- Added Millions PLUS scoring to Flail and LOOP during RANSOM Multiball.
- Changed Macin' Loops display effect priority so it would not show during
- Added RAGE Wizard Mode.
- Started by defeating the Black Knight.
- Frenzy-based scoring.
- 6-Ball multiball.
- Added scoring increases to the base value of modes.
- Each mode completed boosts a new mode's starting value by 200,000.
- All modes boosted by 950,000 after Black Castle is played.
- Additional shots to the flail before starting the mode will boost the
starting value of the mode.
- Added U-Turn scoring. U-Turns are lit by shooting an orbit shot. U-Turns are
started by making another orbit shot and will open the gates. Making
U-Turn shots in succession without hitting another shot will increase scoring
and progress toward Extra Ball (Default 25 U-Turns.)
- Added Catapult Lock difficulty adjustment.
- On Hard setting, a player can only light 1 more lock than they already have
- Competition install sets Catapult Lock difficulty to MEDIUM.
- Added an adjustment to keep left drop target raised during multiball.
- Game Adjustment #29 DROP TARGET UP IN MBALL defaults to YES
- Display Effects
- Added text to mode award display effects showing shots remaining for KNIGHT
letter and shots remaining for mode completion.
- All modes when completed now have a (monster name) defeated display effect.
- Added a Triple Knights lock status screen to instant info.
- Added the pending super jackpot value to the game interface.
- Added Black Knight Sword of Rage game logo to power on display.
- Added U-Turn high score entry.
- Added a Black Knight icon to diagnostics menu.
- Lamp Effects
- Added a light show for building Sword of Rage power at the right drop target
- Added additional light effects to indicate when POWER is active during a
- Added skill shot and super skill shot lamp effects.
- Added KNIGHT spellout letter award light show.
- Sound Effects
- Added mode complete and mode timeout sound effects.
- Added new Black Knight speech to mode progression after a few modes
have been completed.
- Added speech to KNIGHT spellout display effect.
- Added sound effect for upper playfield lock kickout warning.
- Score balancing has been updated for this release. Scores earned on previous
releases will be reset when moving to v1.00.0.
Moved to System 2.31:
Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.49.0
Added Service Menu selection UTIL->ENDGAME. This selection is only available
when there is an active game. When selected the operator will be prompted
to confirm that they wish to end the current game. Once confirmed and upon
exiting the Service Menu, the game will be in attract mode.
Added Standard Adjustment "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME". Values are:
"NEVER", "FREE PLAY ONLY", and "ALWAYS". Default value is "NEVER".
During an active game, if the LEFT FLIPPER+START BUTTONs are held for
two seconds, the game will be ended.
Added Standard Audit "TOTAL PLAYS ENDED", which will track the number of times
a game is ended via the Service Menu or FLIPPER+START BUTTONs.
Added Standard Adjustment "CREDIT FORMAT". Values are:
"ACTUAL FRACTION" and "REDUCED FRACTION". Default value is "REDUCED FRACTION".
For a USA coindoor when inserting three quarters:
"REDUCED FRACTION" would display "1/4", "1/2", "3/4"
"ACTUAL FRACTION" would display "1/4", "2/4", "3/4"